• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Canning Pickles: Seeking a Good Recipe

In summary, when it comes to pickling, it's important to use small, firm cucumbers with thin skins, such as Kirby or "pickling" cucumbers. Regular table salt should not be used for pickling, as it contains additives that can affect the taste and texture. Pickling salt or kosher salt is recommended. Processing time for pickles can vary, but most will need to be processed for 10-15 minutes in a water bath canner. You can add other spices and herbs to your pickle recipe for different flavors, but be sure to follow a trusted recipe and use safe canning practices. It's best to wait 2-3 weeks before eating your canned pickles to allow the flavors to develop
Jennie4PC
I know we have a few people on here that can, I was wondering if anyone has a good pickle recipe. We have some pickle cucumbers that we need canned asap. PLease help

I get a mix from Walmart. It is in a green pounch.. Mrs Wales (or something like that) and it is really good. you add sugar and vinegar. They are always a hit :)

Eat what you can, and what you can't, you can.(I learned that from a contestant on Groucho Marx's You Bet Your Life.)

I can send you some if you'd like. I make dill, bread & butter, christmas and cow tongue pickles!

Cow tongue pickles???

That certainly sounds appetizing.

:yuck:

Thanks Patticake. I went to walmart and found some packages so I bought a couple of them. So today we canned what we had in pour garden and we got 1 qt jar. So much time for 1 little thing but my DH is really excited.

Related to Canning Pickles: Seeking a Good Recipe

1. What is the best type of cucumber to use for pickling?

The best cucumbers for pickling are small, firm cucumbers with thin skins. Kirby or "pickling" cucumbers are the most commonly used variety, but any small cucumber with thin skin will work.

2. Can I use regular table salt for pickling?

No, regular table salt contains additives that can affect the taste and texture of your pickles. It's best to use pickling salt or kosher salt for pickling.

3. How long do I need to process my pickles in a water bath canner?

The processing time for pickles can vary depending on the recipe and altitude. However, most pickles will need to be processed for 10-15 minutes in a water bath canner.

4. Can I add other spices and herbs to my pickle recipe?

Yes, you can experiment with adding other spices and herbs to your pickle recipe to create different flavors. Just be sure to follow a trusted recipe and use safe canning practices.

5. How long do I need to wait before eating my canned pickles?

It's best to wait at least 2-3 weeks before eating your canned pickles to allow the flavors to develop. However, if you can't wait, you can open a jar after 24 hours and give them a taste.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
nldavis321