• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Iso Mustard Pickled Eggs Recipe

In summary, Ann found a recipe for mustard pickled eggs on AllRecipes.com. She made them on Sunday with the updated recipe and they were so good that she couldn't wait any longer and tried one last night. She is wondering if they have soaked long enough, and the taste seems similar but has too much vinegar taste. Becky is also an expert summarizer of content. She too, found a recipe for mustard pickled eggs on AllRecipes.com. Her recipe is different than Ann's because she uses beet juice instead of vinegar. She also suggests that you try not to eat them for 3 days so that the flavors can meld.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
I know this isn't really a PC type recipe, but here goes:

We stopped in Amish country Saturday for dinner. On their salad bar they had regular (purple) pickled eggs that are soaked in beet juice/vinegar/sugar mixture. They also had YELLOW eggs that the waitress told me were mustard pickled eggs. They were soooooooooooo good! I searched on AllRecipes.com for a recipe and I made them on Sunday. I couldn't wait any longer, so I tried one last night. Not sure if they haven't soaked long enough, they tasted similar, but had waaaaaaaaaay too much vinegar taste.:(

Has anyone ever had these and know of a good recipe for them? I may try it again with 1/2 water and 1/2 vinegar if they continue to taste like this. I wasn't sure if they would taste different the longer they sit in the solution.

I REALLY want to know how to make these, they were the best!:) :)

Thank you Ann for that link! From looking over those recipes, I tweaked the recipe I had and I think I have found what will work!

For those of you who would like to try them, they are wonderful!

Mustard Pickled Eggs

6-12 hard boiled eggs, peeled and placed into quart jar with lid
2 T. prepared (regular yellow) mustard
1 c. sugar
1 t. salt
1 1/2 c. white vinegar
1/2 c. water

Bring all ingredients except for eggs to a boil to dissolve sugar completely. Pour over eggs, cover, and refrigerate for minimum of 3 days.
Will keep for weeks in the frig!

I have tweaked this recipe a bit more so the mustard doesn't seperate in the mixture...

I have some of these sitting in the frig right now that I made this morning. I can't wait till they are done in a few days!

Here is the updated recipe:

Mustard Pickled Eggs

2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and placed into quart jar with lid
2 T. prepared (regular yellow) mustard
1 c. sugar
1 T. corn starch
1 t. salt
1 1/2 c. white vinegar

Combine sugar, corn starch, and salt in small saucepan. Then add in vinegar and mustard. Bring to a boil to dissolve sugar completely. Pour over eggs, cover, and refrigerate for minimum of 3 days.
Will keep for weeks in the frig!

Last edited:
Pickled Eggs are an Easter Tradition here!

I make mine with beet juice though - I'll have to post the recipe when I get back from lunch!

Ooh...I'll have to make some after the kids are done with their colored eggs...

My Grandma is making pickled (beet) eggs for Easter and that's what reminded me of the mustard eggs. Last year when I was looking for this recipe, I think I had these almost daily for about 6 months. Now it's been quite a while and they sound so good to me!

Becky...I would love to see your recipe. Whenever I make pickled (beet) eggs, I just buy the jars of pickled beets and add the eggs to them. I would like to know how to make them myself, though!

Okay - here is my recipe. This has been passed down for generations! I always remember my grandma & my mom making them with home-canned beets, but I have to buy mine! I almost always double the recipe. We devour these. When I was dating DH, he thought I was crazy pickling eggs, until he tried them. Now I have to watch him closely, because one time he ate 6 in one sitting!:eek:

PICKLED EGGS

1/3 cup vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1/4 tsp salt
1 can sliced beets, drained - reserve liquid
1 dozen eggs - boiled and peeled

Place eggs in a glass container where they will fit comfortably, but without too much extra room.

In a large saucepan, combine vinegar, sugar,water,salt & beet juice. Heat until boiling and sugar is dissolved. Pour over eggs in jar. Add beets to top of jar to weigh down eggs. Place in refrigerator, and let sit - stir eggs once every 24 hours......try not to eat them for 3 days - if you can wait that long!

Thanks Becky! Now I can buy the cheap beets and "pickle" them myself!!

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Iso Mustard Pickled Eggs Recipe?

The ingredients for the Iso Mustard Pickled Eggs Recipe are hard-boiled eggs, apple cider vinegar, water, sugar, mustard seeds, garlic cloves, and salt.

2. How many servings does the Iso Mustard Pickled Eggs Recipe make?

This recipe makes 12 servings.

3. Can I use any type of vinegar for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of vinegar, but apple cider vinegar is recommended for the best flavor.

4. How long do I need to let the eggs pickle before eating them?

The eggs should be left to pickle for at least 3 days before consuming for the best flavor. However, they can be eaten after just 24 hours if desired.

5. How long will the pickled eggs last in the refrigerator?

The pickled eggs can last for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator if kept in an airtight container. It is recommended to consume them within 7-10 days for the best flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefNic
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
GourmetGirl
  • c00p
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
c00p
  • PamperedPeggy