• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparing for the County Fair: A Busy Time for DH & I

In summary, the speaker is busy preparing for the county fair next week, including helping with preparations, cooking, and entering photographs. They are also excited to be a backstage person for Luke Bryan's concert and have a big garden that they are preserving. Despite being tired, they are grateful for the opportunity to do all of this with their family.
crystalscookingnow
Gold Member
We've got a busy time coming up because of our county fair next week. DH & I are on the fair board which means we get really involved with most of the behind the scenes stuff.

Tonight we have to go out & help mow the fair grounds (DH does this) & then feed the guys that are there to work. So for tonight, I made a homemade apple pie. It's actually still in the oven & smells so good! YUM! :D I've also got some photographs that I'm putting in to be judged in the fair. I'm turning in 4 different pictures tonight. Saturday, I'm cooking hot dogs & stuff for the folks that will be out there working. All of this with two small kids in tow (Oldest DD is at her dad's).

Next week, for the fair, I get to be a backstage person for Luke Bryan's concert! I'm excited about that. If you don't know Luke Bryan, he's a country singer & is really an up and coming artist. That should be tons of fun!! Luke Bryan - Homepage He's a cutie! I told DH I needed to go out & get a cute little outfit to wear. LOL!!

We've also got quite a garden this year, so today I put up pickles and squash & zucchini.

Anyway, I just sat down for a minute & thought, Man, I'm tired! :D

But it's all good stuff. I'm so blessed to be able to do all this fun stuff with DH and my kids! :)

Wow, it sounds like you have a lot on your plate with the county fair coming up! Being on the fair board definitely seems like a lot of work, but I'm sure it's also a lot of fun. And homemade apple pie...yum! I can almost smell it through the computer screen. Good luck with your photographs and cooking for the workers. It's impressive that you're able to manage all of that with two little ones in tow. And being a backstage person for Luke Bryan's concert?! That's so cool! I love his music, so I'm a little jealous. Have fun and enjoy your cute outfit! And it's great that you have a big garden this year. Sounds like you've been busy preserving all those pickles and vegetables. Take a break and rest up before the fair starts next week!

1. What are some tips for preparing for the county fair as a busy couple?

As a busy couple, it's important to plan ahead and prioritize tasks. Make a list of all the tasks that need to be done, such as selecting and preparing entries, completing entry forms, and gathering supplies. Delegate tasks to each other to evenly distribute the workload. It's also helpful to set aside specific days or times to work on fair preparations, so it doesn't become overwhelming.

2. How can I choose the best entries to submit for the county fair?

First, read the fair's guidelines and categories carefully to ensure your entries meet the requirements. Next, consider your strengths and choose entries that showcase your skills. It's also a good idea to choose entries that have a personal meaning to you, as it will make the experience more enjoyable.

3. Is there a limit to the number of entries we can submit for the county fair?

Each fair may have different rules regarding the number of entries allowed per person or household. It's important to check the fair's guidelines to determine the limit. If there is no limit, it's still a good idea to not overwhelm yourselves with too many entries and focus on quality over quantity.

4. How can we make our entries stand out at the county fair?

Presentation is key when it comes to making your entries stand out at the fair. Make sure they are clean, neatly arranged, and visually appealing. Consider using decorative elements such as ribbons or garnishes to make your entries more eye-catching. Also, be sure to follow all entry rules and guidelines to avoid any disqualifications.

5. What should we do if our entries win at the county fair?

Congratulations on your success! If your entries win at the fair, be sure to attend the awards ceremony to collect your prizes. Take photos with your winning entries and share them on social media to celebrate your accomplishment. You can also use your winnings to invest in new cooking tools and supplies from Pampered Chef to continue honing your skills for future fairs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Leslee Casey
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
bbauman07
Replies
Views
katie0128