• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Can We Talk Recognition Programs?

In summary, the expert provides a summary of the following conversation. The expert provides information on bracelets and how they are used as an incentive/recognition program for upper management. The expert also provides information on how to keep track of who is being green by the 15th and what types of rewards they offer for those that achieve this goal.
almondfarm
Gold Member
I am looking at what I want to do for 2012 and am just wondering, how much you are doing for your teams for recognition/rewards programs for 2012 and what ideas you have?

For those of you that are upper levels do you do a program just for your personal team or for your entire organization?

This year I did the bracelets with a bead earned for being green by the 15th for my entire organization. What I've seen is that the people earning the beads liked the program, they love their bracelets, but do I think it was actually an incentive to go green by the 15th, not really....

I'm doing a "Beat Your Director" promotion from December to November of next year. Whenever someone from my team beats my 1. sales for the month or 2. high show, they get a "Beat your director" ribbon. They have to keep track of these, and bring them back next December. They can only be earned if they come to a meeting for sales from the previous month and who ever brings the most gets to attend a free professional cooking show with me in December at the Viking School.
I'm also doing a pendora bracelet, but they have to have 5k in sales before they earn the bracelet or any charms.

I do the Brighton Bracelet for Directors incentive. It has gone over well for the last two years!

chefsusieg said:
I do the Brighton Bracelet for Directors incentive. It has gone over well for the last two years!

Those who use the bracelet promotion, can you explain the details and where you purchase the bracelet/beads - cost.

Thanks!

I know that I loved this promotion when it was offered to the directors from our upline. Can't wait to read this and thank you for sharing!

I did a cheaper bracelet for everyone in my organization... they got a braclet and a flip flop charm at the back to business meeting last year, (or got the bracelet when they earned their first bead). I gave them a bead every month that they were green by the 15th...

I used bracelets from either:
goodybeads.com
pugster.com
or the Trinkets brand from Michaels,

the most I paid per bead was $1.99 and the bracelets averaged about $3 each.

I am not sure it inspired the results of being green earlier in the month, but my team loves their braclets and I see them all wearing them...

the green by the 15th was a lot to keep track of and also who had a bracelet already, etc. I am looking to do some thing simpler this year, and thinking of a $25 gift card drawing each month for being green by the 15th and either going to your team meeting or taking an online training (for my long distance gals)

I am still wanting to get everyone active by the 15th, but would also like to see them attending meetings/trainings to keep motivated.

I keep it simple from year to year. I am really looking to promote a couple of directors this year and I am trying to streamline things so it is reproducible. Here is what I do: Everyone brings 2 unmarked catalogs for the on-time drawing. I then draw the winner at the start of the meeting. Every blue dot they have on the calendar for the current month they get a ticket for the blue dot drawing, 5 PC dollars. I print out the calendar before the meeting. I include my hospitality on both of these drawings. For recognition I give ribbons. The ribbons have grommets and everyone gets a ring to hold them all together. They get to turn in their ribbons at the next National Meeting for money. This year I will accept them at the regional meetings. Each ribbon is worth $1, except the $2000 month, $3000 month, $4000 month… they are worth $2, $3, $4…I give out the following Ribbons:

High Sales
High Show
High Average, 2 show minimum to earn
4 Show Achiever
$1000 Show
$1000, $2000, $3000... in Sales
Recruiteer
Promotion Ribbon, ie, Senior Consultant, Team Leader, Director…
“I beat my Director”

High Sales, High Show and High Average all get a business pick. I have a basket with business related materials, pens, Money bags, notebooks, envelopes, invitations, recipe cards….

4 Show Achievers also get a $5 Starbucks card

Qualifying New Consultants get the chef’s pin.

This is my basic recognition. If they live within 30 miles of me, I do not send it to them. I hold onto their ribbons for 3 months and if they do not come to the next 3 meetings, I restock them.

I have additional recognition that comes up from month to month depending upon what Home Office is doing or what I want to accomplish with the team. Sometimes I will have a booking blitz and at the next meeting give something away for the blitz. They all have sharing notebooks and if they share how it is going with their notebooks, are they reaching their goals, or what are they struggling with, they get recognized with something small.

I am way too disorganized and this is the easiest for me. Plus, ribbons cost 25 cents.

chefsusieg said:

I have a couple of guys on my team, what would you do for a guy instead of the Brighton Bracelet?

almondfarm said:
I did a cheaper bracelet for everyone in my organization... they got a braclet and a flip flop charm at the back to business meeting last year, (or got the bracelet when they earned their first bead). I gave them a bead every month that they were green by the 15th...

I used bracelets from either:
goodybeads.com
pugster.com
or the Trinkets brand from Michaels,

the most I paid per bead was $1.99 and the bracelets averaged about $3 each.

Oh! I like those prices lots better -- thank you!! :money:

Sandi

1. What are recognition programs?

Recognition programs are initiatives designed by organizations to acknowledge and appreciate the efforts and achievements of their employees. These programs are aimed at boosting employee morale, increasing motivation, and promoting a positive work culture.

2. Why are recognition programs important?

Recognition programs are important because they create a sense of value and appreciation among employees. They can improve employee satisfaction, retention, and productivity. Furthermore, recognition programs can also help in promoting a positive work environment and foster a sense of team spirit.

3. What are the different types of recognition programs?

The different types of recognition programs include employee of the month/year, peer-to-peer recognition, spot awards, performance-based recognition, and service awards. These programs can be customized to fit the specific needs and goals of an organization.

4. How can recognition programs be implemented effectively?

Effective implementation of recognition programs involves setting clear goals and criteria for recognition, involving employees in the process, and ensuring consistency and fairness in the program. It is also important to regularly evaluate and update the program to keep it relevant and impactful.

5. Can recognition programs be used for remote employees?

Yes, recognition programs can be adapted for remote employees through virtual recognition events, online platforms for peer-to-peer recognition, and sending physical gifts or certificates to their homes. This can help in keeping remote employees engaged and motivated.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• almondfarm
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • PCJenni
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
gundos
  • Nanisu