• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Can We Talk About Team Recognition?

In summary, the consultant's complain is that the incentive trip is unattainable for people with other jobs. The consultant offers an extra incentive for 2010 of a $100 Visa Gift Card for those who are active for 10 of the 12 months and a $125 Visa Gift Card for those who are active for 12 of the 12 months. The consultant also offers a $150 Visa Gift Card for those who earn 15,000 points, $200 Visa Gift Card for those who earn 20,000 points, $300 Visa Gift Card for those who earn 30,000 points, and $400 Visa Gift Card for those who earn 50,000 points. The consultant also offers a $500 Visa Gift Card for those who earn 52,000 points and
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I had a couple of team members complaining at NC about feeling that I don't GIVE them enough at our meetings (I give away about $75 worth of tools/supplies every month). They have no idea how much or how little is appropriate (and these are people who don't sell all that much each month and are not building teams)

I am looking to revamp my recognition plan so they feel better recognized and I don't break the bank...what so ya'll do? What are some ideas you heard at NC?

Rethinking is good, but think about who you are trying to please... those that do not perform do not deserve recognition anyway!

WOW $75 give away each month sounds like more than enough to me. I don't think any of my Dir. have ever given away that much at any meeting nor do I.

We don't give away much. I hold my meetings with 2 other Directors (one of which is an NED). We give away:

On-time Drawing: usually a current product (less than $20 value) or catalogs (something we have in stock)
Guest Drawing - if you brought a guest you go into a drawing for a logo bag (my NED has a ton of these she's trying to give away)
Guest Drawing - if you are a guest - basket pick, usually SBRC, twixits, bamboo spoons... cheap stuff)
Recognition: Basket Picks (business supplies, all of which are less than $5 value, some are PC some are office suplies)
one pick for each of the following:
$1000 show
each $1000 in sales
4 or more shows
signed recruits
We also give a small logo gift the first time you are "paid as" SC or TL

I think that's all we give away.

I don't give away anywhere near that amount.

Here's my 2010 Incentive program:
Hey Team!

I was reading on Chef Success and there are several consultants upset over the new trip incentives. Their complaints are that it’s unattainable for people who have other jobs besides Pampered Chef to try and earn something this year. I want to prove them WRONG! Obviously working hard to try & achieve the Bronze, Silver or Gold incentive trip will increase your business as well as your monthly Pampered Chef income, but if for some reason you don’t make it, I still don’t want you to walk away empty handed and feeling defeated.
I’m working VERY hard at becoming a Director and keeping the title. In order for me to make that level and keep that level, I am required to have active & productive consultants in my down line. Therefore it benefits me to keep you girls motivated!!! :D

I talked it over with Brian and he agrees that I should offer an extra incentive for 2010. I can only offer this to my 1st & 2nd generations at this time. Hopefully, in the future, I’ll be able to offer it further down the cluster. But since I only make overrides on 1st & 2nd generations right now as a Team Leader, I am forced to restrict the offer to those two levels only. Please note that you can only reap the reward for the highest level earned. Sorry, I can’t do multiple payouts to each of you! ;)

• Level 1 – If you are active 10 of the 12 months: You’ll earn a $100 Visa Gift Card from me.
• Level 2 – If you are active 12 of the 12 months: You’ll earn a $125 Visa Gift Card(s) from me.
• Level 3 – If you earn 15,000 points*: You’ll earn a $150 Visa Gift Card(s) from me.
• Level 4 – If you earn 20,000 points*: You’ll earn a $200 Visa Gift Card(s) from me.
• Level 5 – If you earn 30,000 points*: You’ll earn a $300 Visa Gift Card(s) from me.
• Level 6 – If you earn 40,000 points*: You’ll earn a $400 Visa Gift Card(s) from me.
• Level 7 – If you earn 50,000 points* or more, but didn’t qualify for a trip: You’ll earn a $500 Visa Gift Card(s) from me.
• Bronze Level – If you earn 52,000 points with 4 recruits: In addition to the trip to Toronto offered by Pampered Chef, you’ll earn a $500 Visa Gift Card(s) from me.
• Silver Level – If you earn 80,000 points with 6 recruits: In addition to the trip to Maui offered by Pampered Chef, you’ll earn a $750 Visa Gift Card(s) from me.
• Gold Level – If you earn 110,000 points with 8 recruits –or– 120,000 points with 0 recruits: In addition to the trip to Maui offered by Pampered Chef, you’ll earn a $1,000 Visa Gift Card(s) from me.

*For levels 3-7, I don’t get paid when you earn double/triple incentive points, so unfortunately I can’t count them for these 5 levels. It’s an even $1 in Commissionable Sales for 1 point. You can still get earn points by recruiting or promoting to Director, Advanced Director or Senior Director

So for those of you who are motivated and actually DO earn Bronze, Silver or Gold … you’ll have money to spend on your trip!!!

My 2011 Incentive
Look what YOU could earn!

I would love to see EVERYONE earn a trip this year with Pampered Chef. Therefore, I'm encouraging recruiting & promoting in my Incentive Plan for 2011.

You will earn PC Dollars for every month that you are active. Your "paid as" level for each month will determine how much you earn for the month. You can earn more for the month if you are GREEN by the 15th. This incentive will be paid in Jan 2012.

• If you were "paid as" a Consultant, you'll earn $3 PCD* for that month or $5 PCD* if you were GREEN by the 15th of that month.
• If you were "paid as" a Senior Consultant, you'll earn $5 PCD for that month or $7 PCD if you were GREEN by the 15th of that month.
• If you were "paid as" a Team Leader, you'll earn $7 PCD for that month or $10 PCD if you were GREEN by the 15th of that month.
• If you were "paid as" a Director, you'll earn $10 PCD for that month or $15 PCD if you were GREEN by the 15th of that month.
• If you were "paid as" a Advanced Director, you'll earn $15 PCD for that month or $20 PCD if you were GREEN by the 15th of that month.

Extra bonuses will be paid for consistency in your activity. You can earn the highest level from below:

• $75 in Merrill products* of your choice for being active 10 of the 12 months in 2011.
• $125 in Merrill products* of your choice for being active 12 of the 12 months in 2011.

REMEMBER: You will also earn PC Dollars for 1st time promotions! This bonus is paid the month that you take the title for the first time. If you drop back down to a lower level and re-promote, you can not earn the bonus a 2nd or subsequent time.

• Promote to Senior Consultant and earn $15 PCD.
• Promote to Team Leader and earn $25 PCD.
• Promote to Director and earn $50 PCD.
• Promote to Advanced Director and earn $75 PCD.

And don't forget all the bonuses that you get from corporate too! You can earn:

• PC Dollars AND Recruiting Incentives when your recruit qualifies in their first 90 days.
• Overrides when you hold a Senior Consultant or higher title.
• If you are a Consultant, Senior Consultant or Team Leader as of Jan 1, 2011 and have never earned an incentive trip with Pampered Chef, you can also earn extra incentive points towards the Taste of Travel Incentive Trip.
• You can earn "paid as" incentive points towards an Irresistible Destinations Trip for each month that you are "paid as" a Director, Advanced Director or Senior Director.

I know that many of you have voiced your desire to promote to Director (or above). I promise you, you'll LOVE the overrides that you start seeing at the Director level!

We'll still have the PC Dollar awards each month for top show, top month and the Blue Dot drawings. If you are not putting your Blue Dots on your Consultant Connection Calendar, you should! You could win a great monthly bonus if your show is drawn!

* You do not have to recruit or promote to earn this benefit.

I'm impressed. I don't do anything! I used to give certificates with their stats on them. I am going to get back to that.My D does $10 in gift cards or cluster bucks with >$2500 in personal sales. Here's what she used to do but I'm not sure if she still does...I haven't honestly paid attention!:
#1 in sales = $5 CB (cluster bucks)
Every $1k in sales = $1 CB
$1k+ show = $1 additional
$2k+ show = $2 additional
Qualify as a new Consultant = chef's hat pin
Promote to TL = red apron
Recruit 1st consultant = PC money bag
Promote to D = PC vinyl banner
Break a monthly record = top seller pin/super achiever pin
Break all time record = embroidered apronHTH! :)

It's the moment, not the memento.So maybe there is something you can do to make the MOMENT more special?

DebbieJ said:
It's the moment, not the memento.

So maybe there is something you can do to make the MOMENT more special?

I agree. I don't give away too much either. We do a stand up recognition for everyone, who earned a paycheck, who earned the sales promotion, who sold over $1000. Who shared the business with everyone at your show.

We do an on time drawing for catalogs and a helper drawing for products, not big stuff. I do a blue dot special for $5 PC bucks. I do business picks for top sellers and recruiters. This is a basket with business material. Everyone who does 4 shows gets a Starbucks card. I also give out ribbons for different catagories. The fun is in the recognition. I will do special product drawings for specific challenges. Right now we are having a sharing Challenge, every time they share the business they get a ticket into the drawing.

Hope this helps.

My director and I do meetings together - and we've gone to just giving PC dollars for shows submitted, and then also PC dollars for the highest sales, highest bookings, top show, and top recruiter.

We also do a drawing for PC dollars - based on the # of shows on the team calendar. Everyone who has at least one show on the calendar for the next month gets their name in the pot for the drawing.

HOWEVER - after the Go For No presentation, we are both thinking we want to completely revamp our Team Recognition to do more to reward the behavior. So, even if they don't have the best sales or bookings, if they've done something to step out of their comfort zone, etc...we want to reward that.

Just not sure yet how....

(although, Sorry Sheila, but it won't be your system! I'm glad that works for you, but just reading it is overwhelming for me. :eek:)

I hold my meetings with another Director and we tried to put together a combinations of plans that we loved being apart of over the years.

For basic goals; being green, $750, $1250 in sales and what-not we do candy recognition. We do 2 drawings, one for attendance and the other for being green by the meeting. The prize is a $10-15 product we already have on-hand. Then we also do a Business Basket giveaway.

We do try to make the recognition time FUN! I try to get everyone excited for everyone else. We ask for tips from everyone who is having success. We do a special thing that we got from Duska's meetings. When someone just rocks it (not necessarily top sales, just stretching and working in a new better way) we do a Sock it to Me award. We find cute, soft comfy socks and give them away. We make a big deal about this one and we want to make sure that everyone realizes that it isn't for being TOP.

Chef Kearns said:
...... When someone just rocks it (not necessarily top sales, just stretching and working in a new better way) we do a Sock it to Me award. We find cute, soft comfy socks and give them away. We make a big deal about this one and we want to make sure that everyone realizes that it isn't for being TOP.

I like that one!

I love the sock it to me. I used to attend hospitality meetings with Christie McDaneld. I looved her meetings. Everyone brought 2 unstamped catalogs and signed your name on the dates you have shows in that month. She recognized her recruiters with a chocolate rose. I love this because it is inexpensive and easily duplicatable. She would stock up on them at Valentine's Day and freeze them so she had them all year long.
I have a consultant who will be receiving her necklace for $15,000 in career sales. I am having a cake made for her.
I do stickers and ribbons and pc$$ usually for listening to training calls and talking about them. This month for every consultant on my team who earns the apron AND completes the online red dot trainings, I am having each apron embroidered with her name.
I need some new ideas too so I am loving this thread.

Keep sharing ladies!! I am loving the ideas!

What I HAVE been doing for the last 2-3yrs is:

On time catalog drawing: bring 2 unstamped catalogs to the mtg...name goes in a bowl and winner goes home with ALL catalogs

Batter Bowl Drawing: name goes into the batter bowl for each "thing" you are recognized for (#1, 2, 3 in sales, #1, 2, 3, highest show, #1, 2, 3 most shows held, #1, 2, 3 high show avg, #1 ,2, 3 most bookings, any recruiters). One name gets drawn... winner gets a product or logo item valued around $15

Conf Cash Raffle: I put together $50 worth of products & logo stuff...raffle tickets cost $2 each. Winner goes home with the products. The $ collected goes into an envelope with the winner's name on it. Come July, the envelopes are brought with me to NC. At our team dinner, everyone who is at NC gets their envelope. Those who don't attend? their envelopes get opened and their $ gets split up amongst those who attended.

Lead Generator Drawing:
Living in South Florida we all know how important a Generator is (hurricane humor)! And this Rewards program is designed to help you keep your business juiced!
Throughout the month, share with your director the names of those people that you have identified as people wanting more information about The Pampered Chef Business Opportunity (just first name and last initial). At our meeting you will receive one ticket for each lead you generate and share with your director during the month. You will also receive a ticket for each recruiting interview that you attend with your director. And a ticket for each lead of yours that signs on as a new consultant. And finally, you will also receive a ticket for attending a Cook n’ Book New Consultant Training with your new recruit.
At each meeting, one ticket will be drawn from the “bowl” and that person will receive their choice of an exclusive Pampered Chef item. Tri-county consultants must be present to win. Out of town consultants will receive their prize by mail.
(This is usually a logo item worth about $5-$10)

And then I try to have a little something for everyone who attends - like a sheet of stickers to use on their catalogs, a button to wear on their apron, a motivational mini-poster ting for their desk, etc.

I feel like I give A LOT and quite honestly their sales and consistency SUCK and then they are in my face asking for MORE??? They're bleeding me dry. :(

What you're doing sounds good to me. Maybe if you can find other inexpensive ideas to mix it up that'll make them happy. I don't think they have any room to complain though.I really like your Lead Generator recognition.

WOW Carolyn! I think you are more than generous. My upline (SED) gives out dollar tree items as door prizes and sends a post card to long distance consultants if you do something exemplarily. She believes you don't have to spend money to recognize people and she does know how to make you feel good. Directors get a small gift at Christmas. We give her a larger gift at conference (from all of directors).

I used to give my team a ton of things but it didn't matter in their businesses. If they happened to do something and win something from me they were thrilled but they never did anything to take those extra steps to earn anything.

Now I do a door prize value $5 - $15 usually something I have on hand. I also have awards for sales, recruiting, etc. It was PC$ but I'm changing it up to conference bucks. I am letting them cash them in for fifty cents on the dollar for business supplies though as most of them will never go to conference.

Chef Kearns said:
What you're doing sounds good to me. Maybe if you can find other inexpensive ideas to mix it up that'll make them happy. I don't think they have any room to complain though.

I really like your Lead Generator recognition.

Funny thing...the Lead Generator drawing gets VERY little action. Go figure...:grumpy:

bethcooks4u said:
I used to give my team a ton of things but it didn't matter in their businesses. If they happened to do something and win something from me they were thrilled but they never did anything to take those extra steps to earn anything.

Now I do a door prize value $5 - $15 usually something I have on hand. I also have awards for sales, recruiting, etc. It was PC$ but I'm changing it up to conference bucks. I am letting them cash them in for fifty cents on the dollar for business supplies though as most of them will never go to conference.

Yeah - I feel like all the goodies do is gives the hobbyists an incentive to show up at the meetings so they have a chance in the conference cash raffle to earn high ticket items.

Conference Bucks? Hmmm...how do you print them?
I am considering doing the basket pick thing...like Linda was saying. What qualifies someone for a basket pick? I have a big basket I could fill with things like citrus peelers., sticky notes, all sorts of little things...

Wow, $75 a meeting is MORE than generous! I can not believe they complained, and I am sorry as I bet it hurt to hear. :( There will always be the neg nellies, and you can't do anything that will turn it around. It's them who have to change their perspective and appreciate what you do & realize that they are lucky to have you as their leader where they can learn & grow their biz.

Did they say anything specific? As in what they feel you should do...as in what would motivate and excite them? I agree with everyone else, it's about the moment and they should appreciate they even get anything. Maybe send a survey or ask for suggestions at your next meeting. But if they want "more", then they need to produce more.

I hold my meetings with 2 downline D's and we split the costs. Unless it's a meeting after a big HO event, we typically do not give to each attendee.

For example, in December, we gave everyone a glass star container. For our back to biz meeting, we handed out binders and a picture frame with "where do you 'picture' yourself in 2011?" and the TPC logo inside . For our HWC meeting, we gave HWC pins. Now after NC, we're doing the chicken and stars can idea.

We usually have a challenge every month, whether it's a beat your individual best or who sells the most x that month or do this and get that....usually logowear or a $20+ product. The stakes are higher for this challenge and so the performers are the ones who win. If no body meets the challenge, no one gets the item.

This is what we offer everyone at our meetings:

Rose Ceremony for new consultant
High Five Standing Recognition for those who were green, top seller, "Party Queen" (most shows submitted), Top recruiter. We ask for tips from those who are in the top status.

Bring your goodies - if someone earns an incentive (sales or product), we ask they bring it so we can all ooh and ahhh.

Money Bag and Pin for those who qualify.

TL - new promotion - reserved seating and balloons. Red apron.
D- new promotion - same as above, plus we embroider name on their apron. Ask for family member to write something about the consultant.
AD- reserved seating, a plant to represent the seeds she started are blooming and thriving. We share their personal journey & ask some team members to say something about her.

Every month, you can increase your chances of winning free biz materials, products and cash. Must be present to win, with the exception of non local consultants. Here's how:

Biz Basket Pick Raffle (usually some $1-3 biz material item or something for the office) - Earn an entry by:

RSVP by the 13th of that month that YES! You are coming to meeting: 1 tkt

Bring a guest: 1 tkt

Training & 3 tips emailed to your director: 1 tkt

Recruit Interview (with an email update to me): 1 tkt

Green by 15th (with an email to me): 1 tkt

Agree to cover a training topic at meeting: 2 tkts

Bring a recipe to meeting: 2 tkts

Goody Basket Pick Raffle ($4-$10 product. I have 6-10 gift bags for them to choose from, so it's a surprise as to what they're getting) - Earn an entry by:

$1250 in sales: 1 ticket

Beat Personal Best: 1 ticket for each category (sales, recruiting)

New Recruit: 1 ticket

Catalog Bonus Raffle:
Bring 2 unstamped catalogs for a drawing to win the bunch collected.

We also have a beat your best organization challenge: If the organization beats 1 or more categories, we have a cash raffle. Beat 1 category - $10 Beat 2 - $25, Beat 3+ - $50. Anyone who submitted 1 show is eligible to win.

I need to come up with ways to recognize and celebrate D's and above.

Okay... this thread is great and has me back to thinking how I'm going to start doing recognition. Actually, one of my big Ah-Ha's at NC was that I found myself saying "When I become an AD, I'll do that..." And I say that A LOT! I have to stop putting things off.

So I made a decision and I'm going to go back to my Rose Recognition and Certificates. I'll attach the info here for you.

For the certificates, it's basically a summary of what they did that month. Most said they liked it and would put the certificates on their refrigerators so their family could see what they had done. It's actually 2 documents... one is the 'frame' and the other is the certificate.

For the roses, I use the tracking card (I print it on a 3x5 card) for each consultant. Then I figure out how many roses I need to buy. I get them at Costco... they are 24 for $13-14. (Make sure you count them though... sometimes there are less in a bunch!). I bring them home and put them into 1-2 big vases. At the end of the meeting, they pick the ones they want to take home. If someone doesn't attend the meeting, they don't get their flowers so I have nice ones for me for the week. When I present the certificate, I also give them the index card so they know how many they will be taking home.

Everyone who attends the meeting gets at least one. Here is the breakdown:

TITLE: A guest gets 1, SC's 1, TL's 2 & D's 3.

MONTHLY SALES: 1 rose for being in the top 5

SALES LEVEL: 1 rose for whatever level they sold at ($750, $1250, etc.)

HIGH SHOW: 1 rose for their highest show if over $400, 2 if highest show is $1k+

NEW CONSULTANTS: 1 rose for qualifying, 1 or more for any new consultant bonus (signing bonus and PC $$ in first 90 days)

RECRUITING: If they recruit, they get 6, when their recruit qualifies, they get 12 (I refer to it as Growing Team on the tracking card).

TEAM BEST: 1 rose each for High Show Average (with at least 4 shows submitted), Highest Show, Most Bookings, Most Shows

HO INCENTIVES: 1 rose for each HO incentive earned (like this month... the apron, gas cards, etc).

ACTIVITY: 1 rose for each show submitted, 1 for attending the training, 1 if they beat any of my stats, and 1 if it's their first meeting as a consultant.

I know it's a lot so I'll see if I can make it a little more clear... In June, Marnie P did $1,587.42 in sales. She was #2 in sales, did 4 shows, had the most bookings and a high show of $503.

So she gets 12 roses. Here is the breakdown:
#2 Sales = 1
Sold at $1250 level = 1
Top show of $500 = 1
Highest Show Average = 1
Most Bookings = 1
Most Shows submitted = 1
Earned Level 2 of the June SAT = 1
Submitted 4 shows = 4
Attended TEAM Success Event (what I call our trainings) = 1
TOTAL = 12

Hope that makes sense and can help some of you! The cost of the roses ends up being $.58 each. It went over well, it's easy to do and DUPLICATABLE!

I'm happy to answer any questions if you have them! :)

Attachments

• Certificate of Achievement.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 313
  • certificate outline cooking.doc
    61 KB · Views: 259
  • Rose Tracking.doc
    42 KB · Views: 290
Carolyn, I'm still amazed that they want more. What are they wanting ... a car? :rolleyes:

Maybe think about PC Dollars vs. products. You know it's something they will apply to their business and they can spend it where/how they want (business supplies, kit enhancement, incentive for their downline, etc.)

My current D always says, and this is really something to think about... what we do for 5, we have to be able to do for 500. So be sure it's duplicatable and affordable no matter how many you have.

Sheila said:
Carolyn, I'm still amazed that they want more. What are they wanting ... a car? :rolleyes:

Maybe think about PC Dollars vs. products. You know it's something they will apply to their business and they can spend it where/how they want (business supplies, kit enhancement, incentive for their downline, etc.)

Can I buy PC$s with PC$'s? I have over $1000PC in my account and would love to use it to give them $5 at a time...but don't want to come out of pocket to pay for their PC$

finley1991 said:
My current D always says, and this is really something to think about... what we do for 5, we have to be able to do for 500. So be sure it's duplicatable and affordable no matter how many you have.

This is what I tried to explain to my team. They don't see the big picture

WOW I don't do anything like what you guys are describing and I've never had a complaint!Postcard recognition for top sales, recruiting, $1000 shows.
Stand up recognition for shows booked, SAT, Company promos, etc...pick from the basket
Director promotion - red apron, special seating, balloons and a personal gift from me
Earning a trip - personal gift from meAnd we do challenges throughout the year and will give away a new product or a gift card or something....

dannyzmom said:
Can I buy PC$s with PC$'s? I have over $1000PC in my account and would love to use it to give them $5 at a time...but don't want to come out of pocket to pay for their PC$

I don't think you can if you've already cashed them in and they are in your PC$ bank. But if they hand you the paper copies you can turn around & hand that to someone in your downline as an incentive. ;)

dannyzmom said:

Unfortunately once they're in your bank they are yours and are non-transferable. Why not make up your own and they can cash them in for supplies or products that you then purchase with your PC$?

That's a greaat idea Beth!

On our supply order, we can buy PC$ for our team...can you not do that in the US?

Krista, yes. We are just referring to re-gifting PC$ given to us by our upline and handing it to someone in our downline as an added option for incentives. ;)ETA: but you have to be a certain level to buy them. Can't remember if TL's can or can't ~ but I know C & SC can not purchase them.

ahhh ok sorry :p

OK - I am taking all the ideas we've been tossing around and here's what I am thinking:

Basket Picks - small things like pack of post-its, a logo keychain, one reusable grocery bag, a couple of citrus peelers, a page of stickers, pack of recipe cards, pack of invites, pack of recruiting flyers (I'm VERY open to ideas about what-all to put in this basket)
I'm thinking one basket pick for:
$1000 show
each $1000 in sales
4 or more shows
signed recruits
for singing a recruit
for being #1 in sales, etc etc (ideas?)
...LINDA - this idea came from you so help me fluff it out a bit please please please?​

Qualification pin from Merrill for qualifying?

Any month you submit $1500 in sales AND 4 shows, you get $5PC

Continue the on-time catalog lottery

I'm thinking maybe bring the conference cash raffle down to $30 worth of tools rather than $30-$50

Keep the Lead Generator (wanting to reward the BEHAVIORS)

And I am not sure what else...what do you all think?

Oh - and I'm thinking I'd like to do something for anyone who is active 12 out of 12 months...just not sure how to work that

Carolyn, we also do a Consistency Award. We do it quarterly so that new consultants can still earn and are encouraged to. We do $10 gift card for anyone active all 3 months in the quarter then a $25 gc for the top in sales in the quarter.

Sounds like it will end up being a lot, but this past quarter I only awarded 3 consistency awards.

Lots of great ideas here. Something that hit me as soon as I read Carolyn's original post is to keep in mind your Production Bonus and Overrides. Use that as your budget, at most. Pick either the PD or Override to determine how much you'll spend. If they ain't producing then you're not rewarding. I remember when I started 7 yrs ago that my D would give away her Director's SAT package. I commented a couple of years ago that she doesn't do that anymore. Her response? People aren't producing!

Becca_in_MD said:
Lots of great ideas here. Something that hit me as soon as I read Carolyn's original post is to keep in mind your Production Bonus and Overrides. Use that as your budget, at most. Pick either the PD or Override to determine how much you'll spend. If they ain't producing then you're not rewarding. I remember when I started 7 yrs ago that my D would give away her Director's SAT package. I commented a couple of years ago that she doesn't do that anymore. Her response? People aren't producing!

I'm frighteningly bad with numbers/percentages/math in general.
When you say look at my production bonus (I think it's called activity bonus nowadays) or my overrides...are you saying spend 100% of my bonus OR my overrides? Or are you saying spend a percentage of my overrides OR my bonus? And if you're suggesting a %...what % would you suggest? Because - I am liking the sound of this - it makes sense...if they're not producing, I'm not paying out...if they are producing, I'll be paying.

I try to budget within the $10 Activity Bonus per consultant. If you look at part of my incentive, you'll see that I stay in the $10 range for C, SC & TL ... but venture over that threshold for D & AD:
You will earn PC Dollars for every month that you are active. Your "paid as" level for each month will determine how much you earn for the month. You can earn more for the month if you are GREEN by the 15th. This incentive will be paid in Jan 2012.

• If you were "paid as" a Consultant, you'll earn $3 PCD* for that month or $5 PCD* if you were GREEN by the 15th of that month.
• If you were "paid as" a Senior Consultant, you'll earn $5 PCD for that month or $7 PCD if you were GREEN by the 15th of that month.
• If you were "paid as" a Team Leader, you'll earn $7 PCD for that month or $10 PCD if you were GREEN by the 15th of that month.
• If you were "paid as" a Director, you'll earn $10 PCD for that month or $15 PCD if you were GREEN by the 15th of that month.
• If you were "paid as" a Advanced Director, you'll earn $15 PCD for that month or $20 PCD if you were GREEN by the 15th of that month.

Then I do an added bonus for consistency:
Extra bonuses will be paid for consistency in your activity. You can earn the highest level from below:

• $75 in Merrill products* of your choice for being active 10 of the 12 months in 2011.
• $125 in Merrill products* of your choice for being active 12 of the 12 months in 2011.

And a one time bonus (for each level) when they promote (they can't re-promote & get it a 2nd time, but can get the next level when they achieve it):

REMEMBER: You will also earn PC Dollars for 1st time promotions! This bonus is paid the month that you take the title for the first time. If you drop back down to a lower level and re-promote, you can not earn the bonus a 2nd or subsequent time.

• Promote to Senior Consultant and earn $15 PCD.
• Promote to Team Leader and earn $25 PCD.
• Promote to Director and earn $50 PCD.
• Promote to Advanced Director and earn $75 PCD.

So far, the (3% or) 4% overrides are more than any overages on incentives.

So as my team meeting tonight was winding down, I pulled aside the two whiners (separately) and told them I heard their opinions and ideas about recognition and I would be revamping it. I also told them that I discussed recognition with many of my fellow directors, most of whom were shocked at how much I gave out considering the #s my team was bringing in. The one was all "Whew!! Because do you REALLY think Tracy liked what she got tonight??" (FYI - Tracy LOVED it - it was the Purse Hanger from Merrill Item (Number: 714100400 ) ARGH.
I am going to try to get it all hammered out in time to unroll the new recognition program starting with next month's meeting.
I am hoping ya'll will help me tweak it some more:For the basket picks - what items should I put in the basket?
I like the idea of rewarding people who are active all 3 months in the quarter as Sandra mentioned as well as the bigger gift for top sales per quarter. I am thinking PC$ rather than gift certificates. I want to give them things they can re-invest in their business. Opinions? Input? Suggestions? Criticisms (since I know I'll get LOTS of those from my team members LOL)?

The other Okinawa Director that I used to do meetings with does a little gift bag. Each meeting she adds something new to the basket (door prize drawing slips, invitations, recipe cards, door prize items off the supply order, etc.). At the meeting she has each person put their name in the drawing. If she draws their name and they brought a guest, they win the prize. If they didn't bring a guest, she does the "Awe, you should have brought a guest!" pity party and they don't get the prize. She adds something else next month & draws again. Sometimes the pot will go several months before someone wins, so when they do they win several items.She also does the ribbons from The Ribbon Place (https://www.zaderconsulting.com/~ribbon/products-pc.php) - but those run a good 50 cents each & if you are giving multiple ribbons to multiple people at the meetings it can really add up! I tried it for a while, then gave it up when the military moved me away from the team. It would have been too difficult to do all that via the mail.I think the PC$ are the best option for my case (being so far away from the team) because I can e-mail them the numbers off the PC$ certificate and they can copy & paste it right into their PC Bank on Consultant Corner. Once they e-mail back that the number was correct (no typos) I can trash the original.

Carolyn, I would like to have a word with your whiners...it would be actually more than one word and the words would not be pretty. What ungrateful people!! I would be teasing my hair and going Jersey Girl on them.

I too think you are very generous and thoughtful. I have always handed out PC dollars so they can purchase what they want. Not too imaginative.

Right now my meetings are low key but hoping to get things hopping in the next year!:pray:

dannyzmom said:
I'm thinking one basket pick for:
$1000 show
each $1000 in sales
4 or more shows
signed recruits
for singing a recruit
for being #1 in sales, etc etc (ideas?)
...LINDA - this idea came from you so help me fluff it out a bit please please please?​

Oh, we also have a "Booking Queen" for the person with the most bookings (must be a minimum of 4 shows and 8 bookings to qualify)

pamperedlinda said:
Oh, we also have a "Booking Queen" for the person with the most bookings (must be a minimum of 4 shows and 8 bookings to qualify)

Nobody on my team on the last year (other than myself) has had 4 shows + 8 bookings in a month) :p

PamperedK said:
On our supply order, we can buy PC$ for our team...can you not do that in the US?

Wait - if I can buy them on a supply order...I pay for my supply orders with PC$. Can we buy them on supply orders in the US?

dannyzmom said:
So as my team meeting tonight was winding down, I pulled aside the two whiners (separately) and told them I heard their opinions and ideas about recognition and I would be revamping it. I also told them that I discussed recognition with many of my fellow directors, most of whom were shocked at how much I gave out considering the #s my team was bringing in. The one was all "Whew!! Because do you REALLY think Tracy liked what she got tonight??" (FYI - Tracy LOVED it - it was the Purse Hanger from Merrill Item (Number: 714100400 ) ARGH.
I am going to try to get it all hammered out in time to unroll the new recognition program starting with next month's meeting.
I am hoping ya'll will help me tweak it some more:

SHOCKED! I can't believe someone would even say that to you!! I look at it this way, if they don't like what you give them they can always re-gift it to someone else or be polite and keep their mouth shut. They might just end up liking it if they give it a try. I have the Merrill key finder and can't live without it! Plus, do they even know what we pay for some of that stuff??!! All I can say is wow! I had an end of yr. gift from my Dir. that I didn't care for (just wasn't me), but I would never tell her that. I took it with thanks and wrote her a thank you card. It was the thought that counted and I felt appreciated weather I "loved" the item or not. Sending you (Hugs) Some people can NEVER be pleased. Focus on the ones who do appreciate what you do!!

flemings99 said:
dannyzmom said:
I am hoping ya'll will help me tweak it some more:

SHOCKED! I can't believe someone would even say that to you!! I look at it this way, if they don't like what you give them they can always re-gift it to someone else or be polite and keep their mouth shut. They might just end up liking it if they give it a try. I have the Merrill key finder and can't live without it! Plus, do they even know what we pay for some of that stuff??!! All I can say is wow! I had an end of yr. gift from my Dir. that I didn't care for (just wasn't me), but I would never tell her that. I took it with thanks and wrote her a thank you card. It was the thought that counted and I felt appreciated weather I "loved" the item or not. Sending you (Hugs) Some people can NEVER be pleased. Focus on the ones who do appreciate what you do!!

Thank you. xo

dannyzmom said:
Nobody on my team on the last year (other than myself) has had 4 shows + 8 bookings in a month) :p

we rarely do either

dannyzmom said:
Wait - if I can buy them on a supply order...I pay for my supply orders with PC$. Can we buy them on supply orders in the US?

I don't think so. I've always bought them directly on the PC website. Worth checking into though. That would sure solve your issue. :D

Carolyn,

WOW!!!! She sounds lovely! :p Some people are just natural gripers, whiners or energy vampires.

It sounds like most of your team enjoys the gifts and there are only 2 complaining. You were great for having addressed it with them, and the one who commented sounds obnoxious! Blegh! Did SHE have specific suggestions? I'd ask...if you were the director, what would you do? Let her create a program. Let her see how hard it is and also that things add up. Just because she does come up with a list does not mean you will do anything different or follow along. It's more a lesson for empathy and understanding. Though with her attitude, I doubt it'll make the point. But at least you'll know she did some work. he he

She'll feel involved and maybe she'll have a couple of ideas you like. Do not cater to the 2 who aren't producing and who are simply unhappy people who can not appreciate your role. Tell her you may consider stepping up to 1 big prize when the numbers are there. Give her a personal challenge...."I'll be happy to add X from your suggestions when I see you do X, Y and Z". :D

No one wants a vampire on the team sucking the life force from them! LOL

baychef said:
Carolyn, I would like to have a word with your whiners...it would be actually more than one word and the words would not be pretty. What ungrateful people!! I would be teasing my hair and going Jersey Girl on them.

I too think you are very generous and thoughtful. I have always handed out PC dollars so they can purchase what they want. Not too imaginative.

Right now my meetings are low key but hoping to get things hopping in the next year!:pray:

Bwahahahaha....Love it!

Ok - here's the latest tweak...ideas?

Recognition is Our Chance to
Celebrate YOU!

Our team wants to celebrate YOUR success! Every time you hit one of the following categories in 2011, you can expect to see “your name in lights” in the
Kraham Team Monthly Recognition Newsletter

Newsletter Organization Recognition
  • New Consultants in our organization
  • New Consultant Reward Program Achievers
  • Promotions in level in our organization
  • Top three sellers on my Personal Team
  • Top three sellers in our organization
  • Top recruiters in our organization
  • Top number of shows (4 or more) on my personal team
  • Top show in sales on my personal team
  • $1,000 shows on my personal team

Personal Team Recognition
In addition to your name being announced at our Training Event and being in the Recap, you will get one Basket Pick for each of these categories you are in. Team member must be present to be eligible. We look forward to cheering you on and applauding you at our monthly Training Event!

•Promotion in level
•#1 in sales for the month (must sell at Bonus level)
•Each new team member you welcome
•Submitting 4 shows
• $1000+ show (one pick for each $1,000+ show)
•Highest show in the cluster for the month (must be above $475)
•One pick for every $1,000 in sales
•Qualifying*

Consistency Awards:
Any month you submit 4 shows AND $1500 in sales get ______(years ago we gave :movie night – it was a bag of popcorn & a Blockbuster $5 GC…the idea was they should spend a night with the fam relaxing…BB is out of biz…any other ideas for this one?)
All team members who contribute $150 or more to our cluster sales by sharing our products with others will also be recognized in our Monday Motivations!

*When you qualify (reach $1250 in career sales) you will receive a Pampered Chef Chef’s logo hat pin to wear to promote your business. Basket Pick Recognition is limited to the Kraham Personal Team.

$15,000 Career Club
When your career sales, as calculated by Home Office hit $15,000, you will receive special recognition at our training event in addition to the Silver Logo Pendant (ladies) or Keychain (men) from Pampered Chef’s President as well as a 2% raise!

Lead Generator Rewards
Living in South Florida we all know how important a Generator is! And this Rewards program is designed to help you keep your business juiced!
Throughout the month, share with your director the names of those people that you have identified as people wanting more information about The Pampered Chef Business Opportunity. At our training event you will receive one ticket for each lead you generate and share with your director during the month. You will also receive a ticket for each interview that you attend with your director. And a ticket for each lead of yours that signs.

One ticket will be drawn from the “bowl” and that person will receive a business building item. Local consultants must be present to win. Out of town consultants will receive their prize by mail.

Conference Cash Raffle
At each Training Event there will be a Pampered Chef product on display to be raffled. Each ticket costs $2, or 3 tickets for $5. At the end of the event one ticket will be drawn and the winner goes home with the product. In addition the Ziploc bag of cash (from the sale of the tickets) will be labeled with the name of the winner. It will be stored until July’s National Conference. When the winner attends conference she will receive the cash in Chicago! If she does not attend her bag is forfeited, (although she still won a great PC product) and that cash will be split evenly among my personal cluster members and any newly promoted director team members. Anyone attending the event may participate, if they win they will receive the product but only personal cluster members can receive the cash. It’s a HUGE Win Win!

<h2>What are the most frequently asked questions about "Can We Talk About Team Recognition?"</h2><p>1. How much should I be spending on team recognition?</p><p>2. What are some cost-effective ways to recognize my team?</p><p>3. How can I make sure all team members feel equally recognized?</p><p>4. Are there any specific guidelines for giving team recognition?</p><p>5. What are some ideas for team recognition that were shared at the National Conference?</p>

What are the most frequently asked questions about "Can We Talk About Team Recognition?"

1. How much should I be spending on team recognition?

2. What are some cost-effective ways to recognize my team?

3. How can I make sure all team members feel equally recognized?

4. Are there any specific guidelines for giving team recognition?

5. What are some ideas for team recognition that were shared at the National Conference?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• almondfarm
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
DuenFounnyHok
  • jcsmilez
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PCJenni