• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Can We Talk About Team Recognition?

In summary, the consultant's complain is that the incentive trip is unattainable for people with other jobs. The consultant offers an extra incentive for 2010 of a $100 Visa Gift Card for those who are active for 10 of the 12 months and a $125 Visa Gift Card for those who are active for 12 of the 12 months. The consultant also offers a $150 Visa Gift Card for those who earn 15,000 points, $200 Visa Gift Card for those who earn 20,000 points, $300 Visa Gift Card for those who earn 30,000 points, and $400 Visa Gift Card for those who earn 50,000 points. The consultant also offers a $500 Visa Gift Card for those who earn 52,000 points and
dannyzmom said:
Wait - if I can buy them on a supply order...I pay for my supply orders with PC$. Can we buy them on supply orders in the US?

Ours is on Supply Order under 'DIR ONLY PC DOLLARS ($5 EA)' and item number 4192

Hopefully that helps!

I just tested it. I did the search with no results. So then I tried to just put in the item #4192, which it did let me do and it says the description is $5 in PC Dollars, but gives a red dot. When I go look at the error screen, it says "Item 4192 cannot be used for the Supply Order type." So US Consultants can not order them attached to a Supply Order. :(

Sheila said:
I just tested it. I did the search with no results. So then I tried to just put in the item #4192, which it did let me do and it says the description is $5 in PC Dollars, but gives a red dot. When I go look at the error screen, it says "Item 4192 cannot be used for the Supply Order type." So US Consultants can not order them attached to a Supply Order. :(

That's too bad!

I cannot believe that witch said that to you, Carolyn!

dannyzmom said:
I'm frighteningly bad with numbers/percentages/math in general.
When you say look at my production bonus (I think it's called activity bonus nowadays) or my overrides...are you saying spend 100% of my bonus OR my overrides? Or are you saying spend a percentage of my overrides OR my bonus? And if you're suggesting a %...what % would you suggest? Because - I am liking the sound of this - it makes sense...if they're not producing, I'm not paying out...if they are producing, I'll be paying.

To make it easy on myself, I spend my activity bonus on my team. If 6 are active I spend $60, no more. This include any product give-a-ways, and Recipe nights. Think about it... If you are spending more than your activity bonus each month you are losing money. Your over rides are not for your team, it is compensation to you for helping them be successful. You are spending time training them, following up and talking to them on the phone. This is your compensation.

Sheila said:
No one wants a vampire on the team sucking the life force from them! LOL

LOL...exactly. I try and avoid them with a passion...I have little patience for whiners...and those vampires do suck. he he

Wendy...thanks for that tip. I need to actually calculate how much I spend for recipe nights, and the food, plates, etc for our meetings. Hmmmm...

For our recipe at our meetings, I have team members bring an ingredient. I am thinking about doing this at my recipe nights too. If someone is bringing a few people, they can contribute to the recipe too. I think they enjoy contributing to the event and cuts the cost down for me.

What a simple and awesome solution, Wendy! Thank you!

So, it's the 21st and my entire team has submitted less than $2000. And they want MORE recognition? For what, pray tell, should I be recognizing them???

dannyzmom said:
So, it's the 21st and my entire team has submitted less than $2000. And they want MORE recognition? For what, pray tell, should I be recognizing them???

Breathing. :mad:

They need to step up to the plate before they ask for anything. Frustrating...especially when the host special is so good. I also was expecting for some of my strugglers to jump with it.

Jolie_paradoxe said:
They need to step up to the plate before they ask for anything. Frustrating...especially when the host special is so good. I also was expecting for some of my strugglers to jump with it.

It just blows my mind that one of the people complaining about my lack of generosity has been handed 5 shows by me in the last year...with FIVE shows (shows I've already host coached for...literally handed her the show the day before) handed to you requiring NO work other than to do the demo and FOLLOW UP with the customers...you'd think she'd have a decent business built up by now.

dannyzmom said:
It just blows my mind that one of the people complaining about my lack of generosity has been handed 5 shows by me in the last year...with FIVE shows (shows I've already host coached for...literally handed her the show the day before) handed to you requiring NO work other than to do the demo and FOLLOW UP with the customers...you'd think she'd have a decent business built up by now.

Oh geez....don't get me started!!! 5 shows and she still wants more!!!!???!!!!:bugeye: She should be thankful and completely loyal to you for being so generous! You are so right...with the leads from those shows, her biz should be at a better spot. However, since she didn't work for it she didn't work it. UGH.

Let her whine....when she points out and asks for more...tell her, me too....I want more from you too! Sorry...being mean, but that's just too much.

I wouldn't give her any more shows...she's losing business, she isn't investing into her biz. She needs to appreciate you more, and I'm sorry she isn't. Unbelievable!

Carolyn,

I came across this and thought of you.

People that pay for things never complain. It's the guy you give something to that you can't please. ~Will Rogers

;)

I totally agree Laurie! The ones who work for success have pride in earning it. The ones who are given handouts often have the "you have it, you should share" mentality. :(

Yup yup...exactly. I hate when people have a sense of entitlement. If they put some of that energy towards their biz...imagine the possibilities! But they get too much enjoyment whining and complaining, so they continue. I just refuse to add to their pleasure by adding a comment or listening too long. Blegh.

And THAT's why I like you girl! Get 'em!!! LOL

Jolie_paradoxe said:
Carolyn,

I came across this and thought of you.

People that pay for things never complain. It's the guy you give something to that you can't please. ~Will Rogers

;)

Wow have I seen this! But I have paid for things before and complained. It is a family trait that is in my gene pool!:blushing:

<h2>What are the most frequently asked questions about "Can We Talk About Team Recognition?"</h2><p>1. How much should I be spending on team recognition?</p><p>2. What are some cost-effective ways to recognize my team?</p><p>3. How can I make sure all team members feel equally recognized?</p><p>4. Are there any specific guidelines for giving team recognition?</p><p>5. What are some ideas for team recognition that were shared at the National Conference?</p>

What are the most frequently asked questions about "Can We Talk About Team Recognition?"

1. How much should I be spending on team recognition?

2. What are some cost-effective ways to recognize my team?

3. How can I make sure all team members feel equally recognized?

4. Are there any specific guidelines for giving team recognition?

5. What are some ideas for team recognition that were shared at the National Conference?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• almondfarm
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
DuenFounnyHok
  • jcsmilez
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PCJenni