• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Directors! Ideas for Team Recognition......

In summary, the director wants to change the way team recognition is done, and is looking for input from those who will be taking over the program when she becomes director. The current system is not working well, with some members feeling "winner" and others feeling "not-so-winner." The director is thinking of creating targets and points or dollars to be redeemed for supplies, merrill or conferences. The meeting leader will also periodically set challenges that reinforce what the home office is doing but does not duplicate.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
My director emailed me last night.....and wants some ideas for changing our recognition....she is asking for my input, so that it is something that I can continue when I accept directorship (and I love that she is including me like this, and already assuming that I will be a director soon!)

Here is the email she sent.....I would love to hear what some of you are doing for team recognition (she used the Nancy's cards for a long time.....but recognition this past year has been sort of hit or miss - somewhat because I was the one who earned most of it.....and that wasn't fun for anyone else.)

I need your input. I need to re-do our recognition. I haven't been happy with it for some time but am finally committed to changing it. I thought, with some input, we could structure it so that you could continue it when you become director.

I'm thinking still the verbal recognition - of course - for everyone. Then, set "targets" to earn points or dollars to be redeemed for supplies, merrill or conferences. For example: Sell ____ in a month and earn a dollar, have an average of ____ in a month (minimum two shows) earn.... Hit sales of ____ and recruit...etc.

Also - periodically set challenges that reinforce what the home office is doing but does not duplicate. Do recognition for 3,2,1 calls. For CC calls, etc. What are your thoughts? I used to do these things and it takes some tracking and then I didn't have anyone "use" their credits. THen, I did some recognitions that ended up always only recognizing one person. I want a balanced program without the "everyone is a winner" feeling. You still need to earn it.

Let me know what you think.

One thing I learned at Meetings that rock is the one lady tells ALL her team to call her personally after they do their 3 phone calls for the day. The director will then put thier name on the back of a ticket and put it in a cup. At the meeting she'll draw a name and that person will win a gc to target, starbucks, walmart OR PC dollars. The director has to buy these in advance and have them ready at the meeting for the cons. to choose. The only catch is in order to win, you have to be present at the meeting.

I've started this at our last meeting and NO ONE has called me! NO ONE!! I love the idea though.

We also started this January that if a cons. was consistent in their biz and did 2 shows a month for 3 months in a row, they'd get a free tshirt. If they did 4 or more for 3 months in a row then they'd get a free polo shirt.

If I think of more, I'll post it!

One concept is to set the next month's goals by "X" date. Then do a reward for who meets their goals.If someone consistently does 3 shows a month, it is reasonable to set a goal of 4 shows to meet. If someone consistently does 6, maybe their goal should be 7.Also maybe do a "most improved" from previous month. With that, the same people won't ALWAYS win! ;)

My SD polled us at the last meeting to find out what we wanted as recognition (hers has been pretty hit and miss lately, and how many bottles of hand lotion does one need, anyway?). Of the 7 of us at the meeting, most indicated that we were motivated by cash (or equivalent). So she gave us a challenge for next month to recruit 2 people by the next meeting in order to receive a $25 gift card to our favorite store. Colleen F. uses roses for her recognition, which has the added advantage of requiring that people RSVP for the meeting so she can have enough (you don't get the flowers unless you're at the meeting). Attending the mtg. is one flower, so everyone goes away with at least one. Something we used to do at our meetings (when they were bigger) was to have everyone pull out their calendar for the month. The meeting leader would draw a number (1-31), and if you had a show scheduled on that day, you won a prize. If nobody had a show that day, the prize would roll into the next month, at which time it would be added to (so the next winner would get a bigger prize).I've also posted details about the "piggy" program we did a few years ago that was a fun way to save for Conference. If you started it now, you could run it to Conference 2009, or you can start it in January and have it be a savings program for Christmas. I'll find the info and post it here.Edit: here is is: http://www.chefsuccess.com/attachments/f12/3985-piggy-promotion-business-building-piggychallenge.doc

What are some things that get recognition on a regular basis?

# of shows per month
# of sales per month
# of recruits
percentage increase from previous month, or previous year?

What do you give for this? I know some have done pins.....my AD gives ribbons - but how many ribbons do you really need? My director used to do postcards from Nancy's but hasn't been doing anything lately.....

Maybe points and then redeem for PC$ at the end of the year?

ChefBeckyD said:

# of shows per month
# of sales per month
# of recruits

What do you give for this? I know some have done pins.....my AD gives ribbons - but how many ribbons do you really need? My director used to do postcards from Nancy's but hasn't been doing anything lately.....

I do the charm holders:
$1000 shows get 1000 charmholder with a star charm for each $1k show - they pick their star (different colored stones)
Triple heart charm holder - 1 heart for each recruit

basket picks - small products and/or supplies (not just a $1 pack of invitations either, something they feel good about getting!)
top show
top sales
most shows submitted
bringing a guest to the meeting

Business Staple Award - submit $1250 in sales get a $5 Staples gift card. This is something that EVERYONE can earn each month if they are working their business.

I also have ribbons for shows sales and such, but to be honest I hate them. And I don't think they motivate my team as much as the apron bling! I think they will go by the wayside at the end of the year.....

I also just recognized one of my gals for her work for the 1st 6 months of her business. She is consistent has submitted shows every month. I wanted to recognize her effort even if she is not always the "star".:angel: I gave her one of the totes that was in the suprise packs at conference. I'm a firm believer (or maybe it's what I crave) that everyone should be recognized for their accomplishments, even if it isn't the most profitable to the director!

ChefBeckyD said:

# of shows per month
# of sales per month
# of recruits

My upline recognizes:
top sales monthly
top recruiter (when someone recruits)
That's it. The gifts vary: sometimes small sizes from Bath and Body Works; this past meeting we got Blockbuster cards and popcorn. (Which seems silly to me - let's reward someone by telling them it's OK to slack off!) Top sellers also occasionally get Payday bars to recognize that "you're getting a good pay day from last month."

It would be nice to get recognition for consistency or hitting HO promos, so that consultants of all levels could still earn something, as well as illustrate to the rest of the group who is doing something. Personally, I've never been motivated by ribbons or charms - they seem a bit too "rah-rah" (unless they're to wear to a consultant function, like Conference). Otherwise, I'm not going to wear them to a show, since I want my customers to take me seriously and not think that our company is some fly-by-night operation.

My plan, when I start doing my own recognition, is to offer some sort of consistency program for consultants who always submit 2 shows, even if they aren't top in sales. And while it's fun to walk away from the meeting with something, I'll probably institute a points system that they can redeem for larger prizes at the end of the year or at conference.

One thing my director has always done that I like is to have a basket with supplies and training cd's - and you get one pick for every show you have booked for the following month. I think we should keep that part....or make it for every show you held during the month.....

Keep the ideas coming! Lots of good ones so far!

I can tell you what my director is doing this year:

At each meeting, we get tickets for each of the following:
Attending the meeting
RSVPing for the meeting
Bringing a guest
Signing a consultant (not sure how many...3-5 tickets?)
One for every $1,000 in sales submitted the previous month

Some things you could add so not just the "highrollers" win:
tickets for bringing drinks to share
tickets for doing a live demo
tickets for bringing a snack
ticket for being on time
ticket for every show submitted?
ticket for being on the "cinderella crew" and staying behind and helping to clean up (especially if your entire team seems to skate out without helping)

Anyhow...then from the tickets, the winner gets a product or something pretty nice.

She also recognizes the top 3 in sales (small present...pay day bar, or something like that)
Presents a rose to new consultants along with a poem about their new business...they come up to the front while their recruiter reads the poem, it's very touching!
Recognizes when someone becomes a Future Director...usually with a boquet of flowers. We have someone coming up VERY SOON that will be a director. Not sure what she will do then!

our cluster does what Kelly mentioned in the previous post.
We've also started our won "beat the best". Top sales, highest number of guests at a show, most shows, recruiting, etc. The winner in each category gets their name on the chart. Each month, we are told to bring our stats to the meeting. A name gets added in each category every month. If you names appears on the chart at yr end, you'll get invited to a special dinner / reception that they promise will be awesome.
Since there are 3 directors in our cluster, they compete only against each other.

I'm not a Director ... yet! But, our cluster gets points (similar to what has been mentioned). At the end of the year, our Director gives us $1 for every 2points. We can redeem them in PC$, Office Max/Depot Gift Card, etc. In addition to some already mentioned above, we also get points for fairs/festivals, recruit interview, $1000 shows, promoting, RSVPing to Cluster Meeting. She use to keep track of everyone, but now it is our responsibility to keep track of our own and submit at the end of the year. When she has our "end of year" recognition, she then gives a gift to top show sales, top fundraiser, # of recruits, etc. These are usually very nice gifts (Brighton items!).

janetupnorth said:
Also maybe do a "most improved" from previous month. With that, the same people won't ALWAYS win! ;)

That's a FABULOUS idea!

Our team does the same idea with tickets however we have one twist to it. If the winner was one who recruited someone the previous month or brought a guest to the meeting, they get a CASH reward. There are 5 of us who do our meetings together and each of us put $5.00 in the pot. If the person did not do either of those things than they still win the prize and the money rolls over to the next month. THis has been a HUGE success. I know before I promoted I did whatever I could to get in on this incentive.

We also do a few other things that are fun. We have a business builders basket that we each contribute to each month with $5. gift cards, business supplies, ect. Anyone who sells $1250 or holds 4 cooking shows, or recruits someone gets to get a prize.

Anyone who qualifies they get a PC coffee mug with a Take Five candy bar. We tell them to Take Five and get back to work...they LOVE it!

Our New Future Directors get balloons and an Red PC Apron.

We also have punch cards we give to each person, each card has 12 spots to be punched. They get 1 punch for being there, being number 1 in sales, each $1000 show, selling over 1250, 2500, and 5000 and 6 punches for recruiting someone. Once the card is filled they can redeem them for certain things. Example 1 full card redeem for $25 Merrill GC, 3 full cards redeem for Lunch and Pedicure with your Director. 4 full cards redeem for 1 hour massage.

We also do stand up recognition for sales.

I LOVE OUR RECOGNITION!!!!! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Good Luck!

KellyTheChef said:
I can tell you what my director is doing this year:

At each meeting, we get tickets for each of the following:
Attending the meeting
RSVPing for the meeting
Bringing a guest
Signing a consultant (not sure how many...3-5 tickets?)
One for every $1,000 in sales submitted the previous month

Some things you could add so not just the "highrollers" win:
tickets for bringing drinks to share
tickets for doing a live demo
tickets for bringing a snack
ticket for being on time
ticket for every show submitted?
ticket for being on the "cinderella crew" and staying behind and helping to clean up (especially if your entire team seems to skate out without helping)

Anyhow...then from the tickets, the winner gets a product or something pretty nice.

What would get me motivated at meetings?
Money
PC Money
Gift cards - to stores I picked
Gift cards - to restaurants I picked
NEW PC products
PC supplies (Merrill)

Recognition for:
# $1,000 shows
# Recruits
# Shows booked and held per month
# of the product of the month sold that month (pick a special new product that you showcase at a meeting, everyone tries it out, it gets a demo and then you ask the ladies to sell as many as they can in a month)
# Bridal registries
# Outside orders
# Guests at one show

Ok I am out of ideas and need to go to sleep. :indif:

Debbie :chef:

1. How can I recognize my team for their hard work and achievements?

One idea is to create a monthly or quarterly award for top performers on your team. This could be based on sales, recruiting, or other key metrics. You could also send personalized thank you notes or small gifts to team members who go above and beyond.

2. Are there any fun team building activities I can do with my team?

Absolutely! You could plan a team potluck, organize a scavenger hunt, or have a cooking/baking competition using Pampered Chef products. You could also do a community service project together to bond while giving back.

3. How can I recognize team members who may not be top performers, but still contribute in important ways?

Consider creating a "Rising Star" award for team members who have shown improvement or growth in their role. You could also highlight their contributions in team meetings or send a personalized thank you note to show your appreciation.

4. Can I recognize my team on a budget?

Yes, there are many ways to recognize your team without breaking the bank. Consider giving out small gifts like Pampered Chef products or creating a fun certificate or award for team members. You could also organize a team lunch or breakfast to show your appreciation.

5. How often should I recognize my team?

It's important to recognize your team regularly to keep morale high and show your appreciation. This could be on a monthly, quarterly, or yearly basis, depending on your team's goals and achievements. Don't forget to also recognize them for everyday efforts and contributions as well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heather223
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
heather223
  • pckelly
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pckelly
  • PCJenni