• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can prayer make a difference in a Pampered Chef show?

In summary, Diane had trouble contacting her host for tomorrow night's show, and was lead to ask the past host about the situation. The show went well, although it wasn't as popular as she had hoped. She is grateful for the prayers of those who have sent her words of encouragement.
quiverfull7
Gold Member
Okay.. this might get lengthy... I apologize in advance.
I've been trying to contact my host for tomorrow nights show for at least 2 weeks with no response to phone messages or emails. I was starting to think she wasn't going to hold. I left messages the last 2 days following advice I had read here like "I'll be arriving at 6, I'll be demoing this" etc. I finally called the host she booked from who told me that she knew that she WAS holding the show and had heard her inviting guests. That made me feel better and this morning I FINALLY got to speak with her. Satan was really trying to get my hackles up and feeding me messages like... 4 - 5 guests... good grief... Well, I prayed and fired back that some of my highest shows have been with low guest attendance but I decided that if satan was working here... there must be more to this show than Pampered Chef... kwim? So I prayed and prayed and gave this show to God like I have all my shows in the past... guess I was trying to own this one... and He led me to call the past host and ask more questions. She has been witnessing to this gal for over a year and has been asking God for others to confirm her witness. SO... PLEASE PRAY that God will use this show, my story of PC which includes His leading in my life and His blessings to do what HE wants... It may or may not be a big "show" for PC ... that's up to God... but I sincerely pray that the Holy Spirit can use this for God's glory... I may never see the results, but I'll join this past host in planting seeds for God. PLEASE PLEASE cover me and this host with your prayers if you can take the time.

Done, with pleasure.

Amen! We are praying for you and this host!

Praying for you the host AND the past host! Keep us posted!

Oh.. I will... thank you all SO much. The show is tomorrow night at 7pm... I'm just going to carry on as a regular show... very excited and use my story and just let God go... HE is totally better at what He wants than I ever could try to be so I'm just going to have fun, be interested and joyful about their lives and rest in Him knowing you all are standing in the gap for me! Praise God!!!!!! and thank y'all!

I am praying for you and host and all her friends as well. God's word does not return void when you put it out there.

UpdateThanks for all your prayers! The show went well... fairly low in sales right now but hopefully she'll get a few more outside orders and 2 are "deciding" about hosting .. I think they will. It was an experience... quite a menagerie of people! There were opportunites to plant seeds for Jesus so I continue to pray that the Holy Spirit will keep on working! Thanks again!

Diane - so glad things went well!

And I have to smile when I see your name.....did you say you were from this area? Because your name just reminds me ethnically of the area where I live.....it just seems like you should be from here (very Dutch around here!):D

My maiden name is Sober.....and when I moved to this area, my best friend always sent me cards and letters addressed to "Becky Van Sobersma" so that I wouldn't feel so out of place here!:p

HA HA! We have friends in our school whose last name was Davis but they playfully renamed themselves Vander Davis so they could feel the dutch culture! :) it was SO funny! I was actually born in Grand Rapids. My husband and I both have quite a bit of family in MI. My dad is a retired CRC pastor so I "got around"! My husbands parents are immigrants... I'm a long term American... my inlaws are citizens now too but I love to joke with my husband.

That explains the name then! ;) When I first moved here, I was managing a Family Bookstore....and everyone kept coming in and mentioning the CRC....I remember turning to one of my employees and asking "What's a Ceearecee?" He just rolled on the floor laughing! I thought it was one word, not C.R.C!!! My DH's family is all CRC.....so I'm much better educated now!:rolleyes:

Here is a good one....I bet I have more hosts who's last name starts with "Van" than anyone else!:p

We could play lots of dutch bingo, I'm sure. My uncle is a CRC pastor. My maiden name starts with Van, too. I am a Calvin College graduate. Need I go on? :)

Okay... so what is a C.R.C.? I'm not from Michigan, I'm not dutch, I don't know anyone with the last name beginning with Van... so I am way out of my genre on this one and the curiosity is killing me!!!

GourmetGirl said:
Okay... so what is a C.R.C.? I'm not from Michigan, I'm not dutch, I don't know anyone with the last name beginning with Van... so I am way out of my genre on this one and the curiosity is killing me!!!
I was just going to ask the same thing!

The CRC is The Christian Reformed Church.....a denomination that came from the Dutch Reformed Church, and is the largest denomination in this area......but not as well known in other parts of the country!;) In fact, I am originally from about 125 miles east of here, and I had never heard of it til I moved here. I know there are CRC churches in other parts of the country, just not in the quantities that there are here in West MI.

Related to Can prayer make a difference in a Pampered Chef show?

1. How can I request prayers for a show host?

To request prayers for a show host, simply fill out the "Prayers for a Show Host" form on our website or contact our customer service team. Please provide the host's name and any specific prayer requests.

2. Can I submit multiple prayer requests for the same show host?

Yes, you can submit multiple prayer requests for the same show host. Our team will continue to pray for the host until the requested show has taken place.

3. Will the show host be notified that prayers have been requested for them?

No, the show host will not be notified specifically about the prayer requests. However, we encourage you to share the news with the host and let them know that they are being prayed for.

4. Are there any specific prayers that can be requested for a show host?

You can request any prayers that you feel are appropriate for the show host. This can include prayers for success, peace, strength, or any other specific intentions that you have for the host.

5. How long will the prayers be offered for the show host?

The prayers will be offered for the show host until the requested show has taken place. However, if you would like to continue requesting prayers for the host, you are welcome to do so.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • quiverfull7
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • quiverfull7
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies