• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Sell My Retired Products at a Flea Market?

You're allowed to sell retired products at a flea market as long as it's a temporary space. You're not allowed to sell in any permanent retail space. If you have any questions about policies like this, call HO and speak to someone in the Career Solutions department.
pcchris
Silver Member
Hi all! Here's another goofy question from the tired brain of Chris...:indif:

Have any of you ever sold your NIB, but retired products at a fair? I don't know if I can legally do this...I don't know why not, but you never know. And, if you have sold things, did you charge sales tax?? I'm doing a flea market next month, and I don't know if I can sell my stuff. The city has no problem with me doing it, but I guess I'm too darn lazy to check with PC to see if this is okay to do. :blushing: Any advice?? Thanks!

Okay, I have a few things yet from the S/S season too...can I sell the current stuff? hello.....anyone?

I don't see why not......my director sells her stuff like that every year at her fall open house.......I think the only time PC frowns on that is if you try to sell it online - like on ebay.

My director does it all the time. Go for it.

I wouldn't sell retired product at a fair. There would be an implied guarantee, I think, if you're in a PC booth. And tax would probably be a "yes" in most states.

I'd go for the flea market, instead. No idea on the tax, there.

Okay, I was talking about the flea market. I don't know why I typed fair in the first post. Probably because I'm running on empty. Lack of sleep does that to a brain. LOL!!!

If it's something you've got in your hot little hands (inventory), then sales tax has already been paid on it. Whether you charge tax on the item is up to you, and will be a matter of the customer reimbursing you for it, since the state has already received their cut.

I've sold retired products right out of conference suprise boxes at a local Post Office. It was all cash only. No reciepts. They were all thrilled. I didn't try to sell them for full price, plus no tax, or shipping. They told me to come back when I get more.

Directors and above sell the new stufff on eBay before it's released to rest of us, so I wouldn't have any qualms.

If they do, that is against company policy. I do believe selling products on E-Bay is against the rules for everyone but if not it should be.

And I am sure those who know all the E-Bay rules will tell me the absolute correct rules.

kspry said:
Directors and above sell the new stufff on eBay before it's released to rest of us, so I wouldn't have any qualms.

But you should have qualms about it because they are not supposed to be doing that on ebay.

Anyway. I am going to try something at a Stop and Shop, I have a bunch of stuff that I have that I don't need because I have duplicates so I am going to wrap them up and do surprise packets. They will know that they will not be paying more than what it is worth. I don't know if it will work or not but I am going to try it. If I had some expensive stuff I wouldn't do it with that but I am going to do $10 and $20.

No PC consultant, no matter their level, is supposed to sell ANY PC items on eBay, whether they are not yet released, current, or retired items. See this thread for what to do if you find someone selling on eBay.We are allowed to sell retired items, but they do not come with a warranty for the customer. And we are not allowed to sell in any permanent retail space. If you're selling at a flea market, then your booth must be a temporary space that gets taken down.If you have any questions about policies like this, call HO and speak to someone in the Career Solutions department.

Whenever I have sold extras like this, I make sure they understand that there is NO WARRANTY on those items. They get them at a huge discount, so normally they don't care about that!

We are having a fall festival this weekend & I sold some stuff yesterday at our booth. It was simply cash & carry with no warranty. I had two ladies bartering over a mini-serving spatula that I had. I ended up selling them one from the new consultant kit that I had on display since I only had one new one! I didn't charge sales tax, just a flat $ amount for what I was looking for.

What are the most popular retired products?

The most popular retired products vary depending on the season and current trends. However, some perennial favorites include the Deep Covered Baker, Stoneware Baking Pans, and the Garlic Press.

Are retired products still covered under the Pampered Chef guarantee?

Yes, all Pampered Chef products, including retired ones, are covered under our satisfaction guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with a retired product, you can return it for a full refund or exchange within 30 days of purchase.

Can I still purchase retired products?

Unfortunately, once a product is retired, it is no longer available for purchase through Pampered Chef. However, you may be able to find retired products through independent consultants or on third-party websites.

Are retired products discounted?

Yes, retired products are typically discounted from their original price. The amount of the discount may vary, but it is a great opportunity to snag a Pampered Chef product at a lower price.

Why does Pampered Chef retire products?

At Pampered Chef, we are always innovating and creating new products to meet the needs of our customers. Retiring products allows us to make room for new and improved items in our catalog. It also helps us keep our product line fresh and up-to-date with current trends.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jessica.rene09
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Angel's Kitchen
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
Replies