• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Make a Skillet Cake in Stainless?

In summary, to properly season a stainless steel skillet for making skillet cake, wash it with warm, soapy water, heat it and add a thin layer of oil, then let it cool and wipe off any excess oil. While a non-stick skillet can be used, a stainless steel one is recommended for best results. To prevent sticking, properly season the skillet and use a generous amount of oil or butter. Frozen fruit can also be used, but should be thawed and drained beforehand. To clean the skillet after use, let it cool, then wash with warm, soapy water and avoid using abrasive cleaners.
fikibiff
Gold Member
Can I make the Turtle Fudge Skillet cake in the Stainless 12" or does it have to be in the Executive pan?

I would never ever do it in stainless myself.....I am sure it would stick...

Just be sure to grease and flour the pan EXTREMELY well and you'll be fine!

Thanks guys! I have to do the demo tonight at my cluster meeting and this will be it.

fikibiff said:
Thanks guys! I have to do the demo tonight at my cluster meeting and this will be it.

Let me know how it works! I've been wondering the same thing but too afraid to try it!

It worked great. So very yummy, we all had 2 pieces.

so it didn't stick at all? that is great info, thank you!

1. How do I properly season my stainless steel skillet for making skillet cake?

To season your stainless steel skillet, first wash it with warm, soapy water and dry it completely. Then, heat the skillet on medium heat and add a thin layer of oil (such as vegetable or canola oil) to the bottom of the pan. Use a paper towel to spread the oil evenly across the entire surface. Let the skillet heat for a few minutes, then remove it from the heat and let it cool. Once cooled, wipe out any excess oil and your skillet is now seasoned and ready for use.

2. Can I use a non-stick skillet to make skillet cake instead of stainless steel?

While you can use a non-stick skillet for making skillet cake, we recommend using a stainless steel skillet for best results. The non-stick coating on some skillets can prevent the cake from forming a crispy crust, which is an important aspect of a skillet cake. Additionally, stainless steel skillets are more durable and can withstand higher temperatures, making them ideal for skillet cake recipes.

3. How do I prevent my skillet cake from sticking to the pan?

To prevent your skillet cake from sticking to the pan, make sure to properly season your skillet before use. You can also use a generous amount of oil or butter in the pan before adding the cake batter. Another tip is to let the cake cool in the skillet for a few minutes before attempting to remove it, as this will allow the cake to set and release from the pan more easily.

4. Can I use frozen fruit in my skillet cake?

Yes, you can use frozen fruit in your skillet cake. However, make sure to thaw and drain the fruit before adding it to the cake batter. Adding frozen fruit directly to the batter can cause the cake to become soggy and may affect the overall texture and consistency of the cake.

5. How do I clean my stainless steel skillet after making skillet cake?

To clean your stainless steel skillet after making skillet cake, first let it cool completely. Then, use warm, soapy water and a soft sponge or cloth to clean any remaining residue from the pan. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or harsh scrubbing tools, as they can damage the surface of the pan. Once clean, dry the skillet thoroughly before storing it away.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • Dotty
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Dotty
Replies
Views
PCSarahjm