• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Host My Own Show as a Consultant? Urgent!

According to the consultant policy guide, you can write off the cost of products that you buy at your own show that you plan on using for your business.
luvmypomeranian
I am in great need of a January show before I lose my earnings so far! I've had some bad circumstances that have prevented me from doing shows....all day morning sickness, and then I came home from Christmas vacation to a flooded house and we are in temporary living arrangements for 1-2 months.

I had an idea to host my own online catalog show and invite friends and family near and far to me to order. I have my personal website, so I could ask them to all order from there. All my catalogs and order forms I had got ruined in the flooding, so I cant do a traditional catalog show right now.

Can I do this and any tips to make it a success?

Sure you can host your own show! I only hosted my grand opening show under my own name and so I got the host specials and the commissions but I believe after that you only get the host specials so I"d try putting the show under your husband's name or mother's or something so you can get the specials AND the comission!

Yes you can host your own show as a consultant. Just do "consultant acting as host". You get the same host rewards as a normal host. Just make sure if you are going to do it through your website to put yourself as the host so that you will get credit for the orders on your show.
I hope things start to look up for you..... (((((((((HUGS))))))))) Jamie

You always get commision on any show you as the consultant host.... The only difference is you can't get the host special and bookings don't count.... Someone with more experience correct me if I am wrong.

Yes, you can get the host special, but you cannot get the booking benefit for shows booked off your shows. You also don't get commission on what would normally be commissionable on the host's order (the stuff ordered at the 20-30% discount).

You also can not use your past hostess discount if your the consutlant acting as the host. I found that out in December and though forgot something.

This is why I don't bother putting it under my name just use hubby's or another family member's :)

It's in the Consultant policy guide that you cannot use someone elses name to act as yourself. For reasons such as - why would they want you to get commission on YOUR own order? Really? That's like triple dipping and that's why it's not allowed.

613flavah said:
This is why I don't bother putting it under my name just use hubby's or another family member's :)

There's nothing wrong with doing your own shows. I did 4 in December with orders collected to help earn the trip. This actually against PC policy.

Not to mention, if HO were to audit your shows and see that you're using your Hubby's name, they'll make an adjustment to your commissions, since the Policy Guide states anyone in your household is the same as Consultant As Host.

613flavah said:

Directly from page 8 of the Consultant Policy Guide:

Consultant-hosted Shows
If you or a member of your household hosts your own Show:
• You will receive commission on guest orders only. You
will not be paid commission on items you order at the
host discount.
• You are not eligible for the Booking Benefit or a past
host discount.
• Personal orders placed on the Show do not apply
toward the achievement of any bonus, incentive
or award.
• A recruiter or upline Director cannot be the host for a
downline Consultant

And again from page 9:

You do not receive commissions on:
• Half-price items, Free Product Value or monthly Host
Specials sold to a current or past host.
Merchandise purchased by you individually or when
you or anyone in your household acts as the host/
wedding registrant and a discount is taken.

• Past host discounts.
• Tax and shipping and handling.
• Replacement parts orders.

I have a question that kind of falls in line with this. If you host a show as a consultant, you can still write off the products that you get, right?? I am just wondering if you can write off the cost of products that you buy at your own show that you plan on using for your business. Hope someone can clarify...*Edit* for tax purposes, is what I am talking about...

boisechef said:
I have a question that kind of falls in line with this. If you host a show as a consultant, you can still write off the products that you get, right?? I am just wondering if you can write off the cost of products that you buy at your own show that you plan on using for your business. Hope someone can clarify...

*Edit* for tax purposes, is what I am talking about...
Yes. Anything you order that you are going to use in your business is deductable* - even if you get them at 50 or 60% off with the host benefits.

*you can deduct the actual amount you paid for the item (not the retail value)

Got it, thanks for the info!!!

luvmypomeranian said:
I am in great need of a January show before I lose my earnings so far! I've had some bad circumstances that have prevented me from doing shows....all day morning sickness, and then I came home from Christmas vacation to a flooded house and we are in temporary living arrangements for 1-2 months.

I had an idea to host my own online catalog show and invite friends and family near and far to me to order. I have my personal website, so I could ask them to all order from there. All my catalogs and order forms I had got ruined in the flooding, so I cant do a traditional catalog show right now.

Can I do this and any tips to make it a success?

Wow. Hope the all-day morning sickness is gone! Has the nesting instinct hit you yet? Hope you get back to your home before that happens!

Absolutely, put it in your own name with yourself acting as host. I did this about 2 years ago to keep myself active during a busy time at work. Only two friends wanted to order something at the last minute. I was the 3rd guest and ordered enough stuff to get to the $150, and bought the host special (it was the ultimate mandoline) to donate to my son's school fundraiser to drum up future business. But you don't HAVE to order the host special if you are just trying to stay active.

I completely disagree with the advice about putting it in someone else's name. There is no need for it and it violates your consultant agreement. Believe it or not, my former director told me to do this! Somebody posted the actual policy above, so let that be your guide.

Yes, you will have to pay the $4.50 shipping on your own guest order. You will also get 20% commission on your own guest order.

Why not make it a mystery host show where someone will win the host benefits?

Since I'm very "part time" as a PC consultant who wants to stay active I host my own catalog show almost every month. I set it up on my website, and send email invites to every one in my contact list. It's saved my bacon many times!

Go for it, good luck!

1. Can I host my own show as a consultant?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the opportunity to host your own shows and earn commission on sales.

2. How do I become a consultant and host my own show?

To become a consultant and host your own show, you can sign up through our website or contact a current consultant for more information. Our team will guide you through the process and provide you with all the necessary tools to host a successful show.

3. Do I need to purchase products in order to host a show?

No, as a consultant, you do not need to purchase products in order to host a show. You will have access to a variety of products to showcase at your show and can also use products borrowed from other consultants.

4. How much commission do I earn as a host?

As a host, you can earn up to 25% commission on product sales. Plus, you may also receive free and discounted products based on your sales and the number of bookings you receive from your show.

5. Can I host a show with friends and family?

Yes, you can host a show with friends and family. In fact, hosting a show with people you know can be a great way to kickstart your business as a consultant. However, you can also host shows with new customers and expand your network through your shows.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennsRAQ
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • cochef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cochef
  • ashleypc