• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Calling My Virtual Cluster......

In summary, Amanda is struggling with the stress of not being able to make the required amount of money to pay off her debts, and her director not being supportive. She is also trying to get a booth for her upcoming show and is stressed about the financial situation.
pamperedalf
Silver Member
Okay first I want to say TIA for reading & showing your support. I have so many mixed emotions, I am pulling my hair out.

I was so excited to see Belinda & go to leadership both great! That Jan was going to be a grand new start! Well Leadership was rough because I felt like an odd ball out. My dir just worships my AD & I can't stand my AD, so it was hard to watch her whatever you want fearless leader. Money was extremely tight for me, so I didn't want to go shopping when they wanted to go shopping. So there were some tense moments, I left wanting to recruit to bring someone w/ me to nationals.
+'s about leadership I met some really awesome people and was able to chat during workshops. I also got some awesome new tools.

Got home nothing on the books, but I am excited to get to work, then I check my email. I received an email from one of my teachers, I didn't pass a course w/ a high enough grade so they are holding my degree, telling me to go somewhere else. So what high I did go home with gone, because now I am stressed beyond belief about this. Well then I go check my GPA & I do have a 3.0 barely but it's there. So now they are not responding to me at all.:mad:

Well then I stop by my dir's house to get booth info, and she is stressed because we are not going to make the $4000 this month. But I feel she is preasuring me to get more sales so she doesn't go into relinqueshmint (SP). Normally I am all for helping her, because of everything she has done for me. But I am not the dir, it's her responcibilty (SP) not mine.

Now this booth I did last year, and it was well worth the $200, because from it I recieved 3 $1000 shows (11 bookings total), 1 recruit (kitnapper), but the $1000 show's more than paid for the booth. Well I have to pay up front, because I am running it half now the next half in 2 weeks. So I am trying to convince my DH that it's worth it. Not working very well.

It's tax time & he is stressed, and not thinking I am making any real money and that I should go back to waiting tables (don't want to). Normally my DH
is really supportive, but not at the moment. So I feel like I need to prove him wrong, but having an extremely hard time doing so.

Thanks for your support, I really need the boost to get going again. I want to promote to Dir by July 1st, make enough $ to pay for Maui & pay off some bills. It's really true about what you do now shows up in 90 days, it was 90 days ago when my grandfather passed & that was the start of me not working.

Sorry this is so long!! I am trying to work on my new goals at the moment I will post them later!

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

Amanda,

We are all right here with you and you are in are prayers with all you're going through right now. Take the positives and push the negatives to the back. And, broken record here, get on the phone! Share your goals and ask your client base for help!

{{{{{HUGS!!!}}}}}}

I'm sorry Amanda. I'm so glad that we're all here for each other. I agree with Beth, get on the phone. It takes some courage to pick up that heavy object but once you do, it'll all fall into place.

Tell your customers that you're needing help. Send a customer connection email through PWS.

Good Luck!

Amanda,
I'm sorry too.:( It's an even bigger let-down because you were so psyched but had other things come up to diminish your excitement. You WILL pull out of this and hopefully re-discover the excitement you had when you can get past some of this stress. Definitely don't let your director's situation stress YOU out. This is YOUR business and try to not to feel pressured by her. I'm probably in the same boat (it's not looking like my cluster will hit the $4000 either, based on what's been submitted so far), but I would never pressure my team to submit shows just because I'd be at risk of not meeting that requirement. At the very least, I'd ask them how their month was looking just to have an idea where it might end up, but I wouldn't want them to feel pressured. Most of my team is actively trying to get bookings on their calendar and working their business, so it's not like they can do anymore than they are already doing (much like you!).

I hope things get better for you Amanda! Just take a deep breath and think about what's important for YOU and work toward that. Sorry to hear about the school situation too. 3.0 sounds great to me! Not sure why they're saying that's a problem. Good luck to you! Be sure you're taking good care of yourself through this stressful time.

Last edited:
Waving my happy wond towards you~~~~~~~~~~

You have having such a tough time Amanda, it's going to get better. Try to be positive. I know easier said then done!! I agree you should get on the phone. Send emails, sign up for your booth and never mind your directors worries. It's her problem right now and not yours.

Good luck:) :)

Hugs Amanda! You will get through this one. Take the advise that has been posted and ignore your director right now. Her goals are not your problem! Remember, it's YOUR business YOUR way.

Have you thought about holding a Mystery Host show? I also saw out here someone had good luck handing out recipe cards at their local grocery store, someone else also did some sort of demo (like a 30 minute meals thing) at their grocery store. Search the site maybe you'll come up with other ideas.

We're here for you!

I hope things start looking up for you. I agree with the others about your dir. She shouldn't pressure you into anything. It is ok to vent here, that is what we are here for.

Am I wrong, or doesn't your director's sales count towards the $4000 requirement? She should be pressuring herself, not you! And doesn't relinqueshment only start after 3 consecutive months of not having one of the three "ingredients" of directorship?

gilliandanielle said:
Am I wrong, or doesn't your director's sales count towards the $4000 requirement? She should be pressuring herself, not you! And doesn't relinqueshment only start after 3 consecutive months of not having one of the three "ingredients" of directorship?
Yes, Gillian, you're right. A good guideline is for a Director's own sales to make up the majority of that $4000, if not all. So, she likely isn't pulling her own weight, so she's putting pressure on the rest of her cluster. That's a big bummer!

But, you're right, she wouldn't be totally at risk of losing her Directorship unless this has happened for the last couple months too.

Amanda,

First, don't let your director's problems become yours.
Second, go back to the excitement you felt earlier and find one thing that really excited you and hold onto that.
Third, we've all been there at some time whether with Pampered Chef or with other things in life. A big part of life is pushing through the tough times.

As far as the fair, would it be something your director would consider contributing to or other members of the cluster? Maybe you could split the cost and still get half of the bookings. Remember with Pampered Chef that you are building a business unlike waitressing and the payoff can be much more rewarding!!

Sending hugs and good thoughts your way!

Amanda,If I knew you weren't having a good time at Leadership, I would have invited you to hang out when we ran into eachother in the booth area.{{{{hug}}}}All you can do is what you can do. Ask DH to give you 6 months. It sounds like you're on the ball enough to really make a go for 6 months and get some serious income made. And only half joking-- promoting to Director would allow you to not spend so much time with your upline, who seem to be adding way more stress than they should be.

I first want to say thanks so much for all your support. I feel so drained for the last 3 months and it just doesn't seem to end.I don't have any of Belinda's CD's yet, but I do hear her saying it's all in the attitude. Today I have been working on creating some goals, I know this is key! I also know that darn phone will help me reach my goals, I just have the hardest time trying to get on. Thank you again, you guys are the greatest!! I would not be here right now if it wasn't for this site!!!

A long time ago, my director gave us all fake $100 bills (mini ones) & told us to tape them to our phones. That way, when we got phone-phobia, we could look at that darn phone & remember that every show booked averages $100 comission. That's a motivator! If you can't find the fake ones, you could just make one.
Hang in there! Like someone else said, ask your dh to give you 6 more months. I used to depend on waiting tables for my income too....I don't want to go back to that!
Do you have your dream board made? Put up pictures of Maui, & all your other dreams that you want to achieve with PC....and put them all up somewhere where you'll see them everyday!
You can make it happen:D

Hey Amanda, what part of Nor Cal are you in. There are others of us out here and can help you too. I am by Modesto.

Hey Amanda, what part of Nor Cal are you in
I am just north of Ukiah on Hwy 101, or an hour north of Santa Rosa. Lacy my dream wall is up, part of my problem is I am not practicing what I preach. I am making time on the phone this evening and making a ton of calls. Part of my problem, my dh always seems to come in & get after my son while I am making biz calls. I am banning them both from the office & to leave me alone.I have 3 shows sched. for feb. I want to hold 6, so I am looking for my next 3 bookings. 1 show is a mystery host, but I am trying to do a mystery $1000 catalog show & tie it inot my cust appreciation show. I am in the process of converting the flyer.I think part of the prob. w/ dh is I just went to leadership & probably shouldn't have. Now I have a $400 booth cost that I am trying to persuade him is a good thing. It's a little hard when I haven't done anything this month!! My school district check won't be much next month due to x-mas vac & leadership!!Enough excuses I will book my 3 shows before Wed!!

I am back in action!!!!Okay I received one more booking for Feb. Yeah!! Then I called a past host,( she had a $1000 show in Sept), and she will work on my mystery host show for feb!!!! I also threw together a catalog show and offered her the cookware and she totally ordered more yeah!!!
Now to keep this high and keep going w/ it. My Jan sales won't be anything, but I am working on Feb being my best month ever w/ the company. Thanks to double points it will help w/ the hit I had this month.\

Thanks again you guys are awesome!!!!! Watch out, I changed my attitude!!

I am glad that you are seeing things differently, Amanda! Keep it up!

Related to Calling My Virtual Cluster......

1. What is a virtual cluster?

A virtual cluster is a collection of linked computer resources that function as a single system, allowing for increased computing power and efficiency. This virtual cluster is created and managed through software, rather than physical hardware.

2. How do I access my virtual cluster?

To access your virtual cluster, you will need to log in to the designated platform or software that your company uses for virtual clusters. This may require a username and password, and you may also need to have certain permissions granted by your IT department.

3. Can I customize my virtual cluster?

Yes, you can customize your virtual cluster to fit your specific needs and preferences. This may include selecting the type and number of virtual machines, adjusting storage and network settings, and installing necessary software and applications.

4. What are the benefits of using a virtual cluster?

Virtual clusters offer several benefits, including increased computing power, improved scalability, and cost-effectiveness. They also allow for easier management and maintenance of resources, as well as the ability to easily add or remove nodes as needed.

5. How do I troubleshoot issues with my virtual cluster?

If you are experiencing issues with your virtual cluster, you can contact your company's IT department for assistance. They will be able to troubleshoot and resolve any technical problems that may arise. You can also refer to the user manual or online resources for troubleshooting tips and solutions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cat2000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kcmckay
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • babywings76