• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Caller ID: Do You Check It? | Importance and Etiquette Explained

S
sfdavis918
I was just curious, if you have caller ID, do you check it when you get home from somewhere? I have called a couple of people today and just hung up on their answering machine because I want to call them back this evening to try to get someone. If they aren't home again this evening I will leave a message. If they check their caller ID when I call, will they think that's wierd?

I sometimes check it when I come home, but I don't think I would think it was strange if they didn't leave a message on my answering machine. What do you think?

If I remember to check it, yes I do check when I get home as my family tends to not leave messages. Next time you call and you get their voice mail, I'd suggest leaving a short message that you'll call them later in the evening.

I always check my caller ID when I return home because our answering machine is "internal" so I know whether to check it or not. I don't think it's weird if people don't leave a message...the first time they call. If they continue to call and don't leave a message I get a bit peeved at them :rolleyes:

I would suggest leaving a short, simple message if you get a machine the second time. Could be that they are screening their calls and won't answer unless they know who you are. I also suggest not giving them the (whole)reason why you are calling....if I'm calling to book a show, I'll say something like...."I have a quick question for you, I'll try you again later or if you would like to call me back my number is xxx-xxxx." I don't want to give them another reason to avoid my calls :)

I check mine when I get home, but I only return the call if I know who it is. I do not return all the calls on it. So, if I do not recognize your name and number and you do not leave a message, I do not call you back.

GeorgiaPeach said:
I always check my caller ID when I return home because our answering machine is "internal" so I know whether to check it or not. I don't think it's weird if people don't leave a message...the first time they call. If they continue to call and don't leave a message I get a bit peeved at them :rolleyes:

I agree with this...

some people don't have Caller ID :eek:

I can't live without it:eek:

So if you call and don't leave a message, they might not know that you call them back.

I believe that if you receive reach voice mail, then leave a message, if not then don't complain when someone calls you and don't leave a message.

Don't mean to sound so mean:mad::grumpy: but . . .

~

whiteyteresa said:
some people don't have Caller ID :eek:

I can't live without it:eek:

So if you call and don't leave a message, they might not know that you call them back.

I believe that if you receive reach voice mail, then leave a message, if not then don't complain when someone calls you and don't leave a message.

Don't mean to sound so mean:mad::grumpy: but . . .

~

I'm not expecting them to call me back at all. The point of me not leaving a message is so that I can call them back. I have caller id too and never have complained if someone didn't leave a message. I figure if it was important then they would leave a message or they will call back.

I was just trying to get other opinions so that I might know what the people I am calling might be thinking.

I always leave a message regarless. I don't like it when people I know call and don't leave a message.

FWIW, here's my opinion. I have had caller ID since it was introduced, and I use it to screen calls from callers I don't know. I may not answer the phone, even if I am at home, esp. if I don't know or recognize the number or the caller. I let it go to voicemail. Then, if they leave me a voicemail and it's someone I want to call back, I will call them back. I never call someone back just because they called and didn't leave a message, but sometimes, I'll do a little "checking" to see who it was who's call I missed (I check http://www.whitepages.com and do a "reverse phone" search). I'm nosey, and I like to know who I'm talking to before I answer. JMO! :)

cathyskitchen said:
FWIW, here's my opinion. I have had caller ID since it was introduced, and I use it to screen calls from callers I don't know. I may not answer the phone, even if I am at home, esp. if I don't know or recognize the number or the caller. I let it go to voicemail. Then, if they leave me a voicemail and it's someone I want to call back, I will call them back. I never call someone back just because they called and didn't leave a message, but sometimes, I'll do a little "checking" to see who it was who's call I missed (I check http://www.whitepages.com and do a "reverse phone" search). I'm nosey, and I like to know who I'm talking to before I answer. JMO! :)

Hey Cathy, want me to call you? LOL My name doesn't come up on the Caller IDs because I have Vonage as my phone company. And because I'm unlisted, I don't show up on Whitepages.

I always check my id...and sometimes I call people using my cell phone because the number is blocked and some people I can only get that way...I really think they screen me...

Related to Caller ID: Do You Check It? | Importance and Etiquette Explained

1. Do most people check their caller ID when they come home?

It is difficult to determine the exact percentage, but studies have shown that a majority of people do check their caller ID when they come home.

2. Is it considered rude to call someone back without leaving a message if they have caller ID?

It is generally considered polite to leave a message if you are unable to reach someone, even if they have caller ID. This shows that you made an effort to contact them and allows them to know the reason for your call.

3. If someone does not leave a message, will the recipient think it is strange if they check their caller ID?

It is possible that the recipient may find it strange if you do not leave a message, especially if they have caller ID. However, this may vary depending on the individual's personal preferences and habits.

4. Is checking caller ID a common practice in telephone etiquette?

Yes, checking caller ID is a common practice in telephone etiquette. It allows the recipient to know who is calling and decide whether or not to answer the call.

5. Is there a specific reason for checking caller ID when coming home?

People often check their caller ID when they come home to see if they missed any important calls or to avoid potential spam or telemarketer calls.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jules711
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pampered.chris
  • Karen Weber
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Karen Weber
Replies