• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Weird Phone Call from 613 Area Code: Ipsos Marketing or Scam?

well, you get the idea. I told her to go to Dish Network's website and do a search for "do not call list" and see if I am on it. If I am, she could report them and I would be happy to remove my name.Ipros is a company that does surveys. They might have been calling to do a survey. Don't answer and block them if you are on the do not call list.
amyv
Gold Member
Not sure where to put this so I will start here.

I just got a weird call on my home phone gotta love caller id, it said Ontario and was a 613 phone number. When I googled it was linked to Ipsos marketing on one of those websites that tracks annoying phone numbers. Isn't this the company that sent out the website emails? And if so, why are they calling us?

Bottom line, anyone else getting weird calls from 613 area code?

I thought Ispos was the company that Pampered Chef was doing all this surveying and research through.

maybe they are calling to tell you you won but you had to answer the phone like the radio contests
gotta go my phones ringing with a 613 area code :) HA!!

Teresa Lynn said:
maybe they are calling to tell you you won but you had to answer the phone like the radio contests
gotta go my phones ringing with a 613 area code :) HA!!

LOL! Maybe they were just calling to do a survey. I didn't get a call with 613. Probably wouldn't answer it anyway!!! hehe

My guess is there are other companies that use this same organization to do research, so who knows if it was related to PC.

But, I HAVE Been getting calls from Ontario! And I don't answer and there's no message. Hmmm, maybe I'll have to answer it next time!

Don't feel too bad, I have been getting phone calls from that area code as well as (614) Ohio. They leave message like this Allied Interstate we need to speak to the head of the household who has a past due bill with us. Oh brother, I wish there was a way to block these creeps. I am tired of getting phone calls all different times of the day. :mad: :mad:

I did a survey for Leadership, and one about the PC website and I think it said that there was going to be a drawing for a prize...I know there was because it said that the survey was anonymous, but you had to put your name in to be eligible for the prize.

CALL THEM BACK!!!!

PChefPEI said:
LOL! Maybe they were just calling to do a survey. I didn't get a call with 613. Probably wouldn't answer it anyway!!! hehe

HEY! Now noone is gonna answer when I call! :( I live in the 613 area code :D (which is Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec)

So it's you Jodi impersonating a survey company now LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta love that caller ID, Jodi & Harriet.

With all of the political calls, surveys and what not we had here in NH I may have gotten a call from Ipros and told them to leave me alone thinking it was political--oh well if one was I missed out! It got to the point that if I didn't recognize the name/number on my caller ID I stopped answering the phone which drove my DH crazy.

Oh, I am so there with ya. I have no problem ignoring a ringing phone. I am not its servant.

DH is incapable of it.

The only comment my DH made that made sense was what if it is a potential customer? My comment was if they want me bad enough they will e-mail me. I didn't think the calls from WA DC were customers!

A potential customer would leave a message, probably.

The DC calling engines wouldn't.

I received a call the other night and my caller ID just said Ontario...I didn't answer...My guess is it's the same people. Really weird.

Maybe they had questions about some of your answers?

DH is incapable of it.

Mine can ignore it ringing but when it does, he always says "Who the h*ll is that?" like it's a surprise it's ringing. I told him if he wanted to know so badly, get up and answer and find out. Why do we pay for caller id when they can't stand the suspense? :rolleyes:

They leave message like this Allied Interstate we need to speak to the head of the household who has a past due bill with us.

Are you on the national do not call list? If you are, and you do not have a business relationship of any kind with that company, turn them in. I had a Dish Network rep who wouldn't leave me alone. She called every day, after telling her I wasn't interested, asking why I had changed my mind. I told her I don't like high pressure sales tactics, I don't give out my credit card info on a call I didn't initiate, and because I decided I don't like the way you do your job. She said you were so nice before and now you're being mean. I finally said honey, you haven't seen mean yet but you're going to if you call me again. Guess what....she did. lol I turned the company in and haven't heard back from her. :D

my theory is if it is important they will leave a message...
they called here 4 times, the last time I was out getting my DD and DH picked up, heard the word survey and hung up....He has no patience!!!

What is Ipsos and how does it relate to a phone call?

Ipsos is a market research company that conducts surveys and collects data from consumers through phone calls. They use this information to provide insights and analysis to businesses and organizations.

How does Ipsos choose who to call for their surveys?

Ipsos uses a random sampling method to select phone numbers to call. This ensures that their data is representative of the population they are studying.

Do I have to participate in Ipsos' phone surveys?

No, participation in Ipsos' surveys is voluntary. They may call you, but you are not obligated to answer their questions.

Is Ipsos a legitimate company?

Yes, Ipsos is a reputable market research company that has been in business for over 40 years. They are a global leader in market research and have a strong reputation for providing accurate and reliable data.

How can I ensure that the Ipsos phone call I receive is legitimate?

Ipsos will identify themselves and the purpose of the call at the beginning of the conversation. You can also ask for their contact information and verify it on Ipsos' official website. Additionally, Ipsos will never ask for any personal or financial information during their surveys.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • Ginger428
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • NooraK
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies