• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cake Mix Troubles? Need Help ASAP - Please!

In summary, there are a few reasons why a cake may sink in the middle, such as inaccurate oven temperature, overmixing, and opening the oven door too frequently. To prevent a cake from sticking to the pan, be sure to properly grease and flour the pan and allow the cake to cool before removing it. A dry and crumbly cake can be caused by overbaking, too much flour, or using old ingredients. To fix a dense and heavy cake, try using a lighter hand when mixing and properly measuring flour, or add a bit of baking powder or baking soda. A cake collapsing in the middle can be due to underbaking, overmixing, or opening the oven door too frequently.
mamabird3
Ok.. got my pans out and ready to go.... can not find my recipe card. How much extra flour do I mix with my cake mix? Per mix or both? UGH... lol Thanks :) Help.... Please

If you ever lose your product use and care cards, you can always look them up on the PC web site. I have attached a copy of it for you.
Brandy

Attachments

• Checkerboard Cake.zip
    5.6 KB · Views: 593
Thanks... The site was not responding that day. I ended up doing the 12 minute microwave cake instead.... Thanks Again.

1. Why is my cake sinking in the middle?

There are a few reasons why a cake may sink in the middle. One common reason is that the oven temperature may be too high, causing the edges of the cake to set faster than the middle. Make sure to check the accuracy of your oven temperature and adjust accordingly. Another reason could be that the cake was overmixed, causing too much air to be incorporated into the batter. Lastly, opening the oven door too frequently while the cake is baking can also cause it to sink.

2. How can I prevent my cake from sticking to the pan?

To prevent your cake from sticking to the pan, make sure to properly grease and flour the pan before pouring in the batter. You can also use parchment paper to line the bottom of the pan for an easier release. Additionally, allow the cake to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before attempting to remove it to prevent it from breaking apart.

3. Why is my cake dry and crumbly?

Dry and crumbly cake can be caused by a few factors. One reason could be that the cake was overbaked, so make sure to check the doneness of the cake a few minutes before the recommended baking time. Another reason could be that there was too much flour in the batter. Make sure to properly measure the flour using measuring cups and spoons specifically designed for baking. Lastly, using old or expired ingredients can also result in a dry and crumbly cake.

4. How can I fix a dense and heavy cake?

A dense and heavy cake can be caused by overmixing the batter or using too much flour. To fix this, try using a lighter hand when mixing the batter and make sure to properly measure the flour. Another solution is to add a little bit of baking powder or baking soda to the batter, which can help make the cake lighter and fluffier.

5. Why did my cake collapse in the middle after taking it out of the oven?

A cake collapsing in the middle can be due to a few reasons. One possible reason is that the cake was not fully baked, so make sure to check the doneness of the cake before taking it out of the oven. Another reason could be that the batter was overmixed, causing too much air to be incorporated. Lastly, opening the oven door too frequently during baking can also cause the cake to collapse.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CRuff
  • Brenda K.