• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Budget/Don't Cook Show: A New Way to Connect with Local Customers

In summary, Trish recommends sticking to recipes that don't require cooking and using Simple Additions to make store-bought items look homemade. She also recommends doing out of the box calls to help you stand out from the crowd.
grayby
I'm just starting out and am trying to build a customer base. I don't know a lot of people in town, so meeting them is a big first step. I've had one prospective host turn me down because everything is "too expensive".

I'm running the idea of a "Budget/Don't Cook" show around in my head. Granted, I don't expect this would be a high dollar show, but maybe it would pull some people in to host their own show and get some of the bigger items.

Am I losing my mind on this, or does it sound somewhat reasonable?

I'm really needing to start getting some bookings going to justify this venture I've started.

TIA

Somewhere on here is a thread that has a post that talks about what % of our catalog costs what ... if I remember correctly, it is like over 50% of our catalog (or it might be 2 out of 3 items) are $20 or LESS. People simply don't realize it.

Your show title sounds good, but I'd recommend focusing on showing people how they save money by using our tools ... time is money, too, remember! Less waste because you actually USE those fresh veggies rather than let them go bad in the fridge because it is too time consuming to prepare them. That sort of thing.

Good luck!

I don't think PC products are too expensive. Don't base your business on that one person's comment. I think many people wouldn't agree with her.

Open this: http://www.chefsuccess.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7407It's a zip file containing an Excel spreadsheet with all the current products. The last worksheet in it has a breakdown of price points. Most of the catalog is truly under $30. A very important point to make with groups on a budget is that our tools may cost more initially, but they'll sure last longer. Yes, you can get a rubber scraper at the dollar store. But it'll melt in your scrambled eggs, turn orange from spaghetti sauce, and the head will fall off. You'll end up replacing it every year, at $1 each time, and our $10 scraper will last forever! I'm still using the Classic Scraper that came in my kit almost 6 years ago, and it looks like new.

When you buy a tire, do you buy the cheapest one you can find? Or, do find one that, may cost more, but last longer? In the kitchen, you're the driver. Don't settle for less than you are worth. After all, if you maintain your kitchen, like you do your car, it will last longer and cost less in the long run.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

Thanks for the replies. Believe me, you're preaching to the choir about the advantages of good equipment. I'm looking for a good arguement for when they refuse to have a party because:
I don't cook
I'm on a budget
there's just 1(2) to cook for
it's too expensive

I can then come back with:
I've got the perfect solution for you...

I just wondered if I'm nuts for actually planning a low results show. I believe once you've tried our products, no matter which ones, you're gonna want more.

Well, for people who don't cook, there are the tools used to prepare convenience foods:
can opener
micro-cookers
large bar pan
timerAs well as Simple Additions for making store-bought items look homemade. :) (Not that I've ever done that, no, not me.... :rolleyes:)

chefann said:
Open this: http://www.chefsuccess.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7407

It's a zip file containing an Excel spreadsheet with all the current products. The last worksheet in it has a breakdown of price points. Most of the catalog is truly under $30.

A very important point to make with groups on a budget is that our tools may cost more initially, but they'll sure last longer. Yes, you can get a rubber scraper at the dollar store. But it'll melt in your scrambled eggs, turn orange from spaghetti sauce, and the head will fall off. You'll end up replacing it every year, at $1 each time, and our $10 scraper will last forever! I'm still using the Classic Scraper that came in my kit almost 6 years ago, and it looks like new.
Also the products often have multiple uses so it's like getting 2 products in 1!

Also items like the Mix 'n chop are good for these kinds of people. You may want to do a no cook kind of recipe... not sure what we have on that. I LOVE the I'm on a budget excuse... that's the whole POINT of having a show... let your friends spend the money and you get it for free!!!!
Personally, I like your idea... And hey, a show is a show... even if it's not much over the $150, it'll get product in their hands...
Make sure you do out of the box calls on this one!!!

Solutions
grayby said:
Thanks for the replies. Believe me, you're preaching to the choir about the advantages of good equipment. I'm looking for a good arguement for when they refuse to have a party because:
I don't cook
I'm on a budget
there's just 1(2) to cook for
it's too expensive

I can then come back with:
I've got the perfect solution for you...

I just wondered if I'm nuts for actually planning a low results show. I believe once you've tried our products, no matter which ones, you're gonna want more.

I don't cook:
Many Pampered Chef consultants don't cook. They rely on the effectiveness and versatlity of our products. You don't have to cook to enjoy a great meal. Hundreds of meals can be prepared with the press of a button and a microwave. We have many products to help with this process, as well as simple recipes that anyone can make in a flash and delicious too.

I'm on a budget:
So am I. The Pampered Host benefit program is the best in the business. You always get the best deals on our products whether it's earning them FREE, half price, or up to 30% off, our host specials are 60% off. It's a great way to get everything you want at a fraction of the cost. Becoming a Pampered Chef consultant is another great way to earn products for FREE, and at a great discount with incentives all year. Plus you get a paycheck.
Half of our catalog is under $20.

There's just 1 or 2 to cook for:
Well then you will definitely want our newest cookbook titled Cooking for two. It has delicious simple recipes that will wow your spouse, roommate and your tastebuds. Some of our products are specialized for small portions such as our small bar pan, small micro cooker, Mini baker, and our saute pan.

It's too expensive:
Just because Walmart sells a product that looks like ours, doesn't mean the performance will be the same. After you use our products you'll see the difference and realize that it's better to invest a little more in a product that you will be using day after day, week after week, because replacing kitchen tools every couple of weeks and months will eventually cost you the same.
All of our products have warranties, some even up to a lifetime, and are proven to be of the highest quality. Pampered Chef has been in business for over 25 years and has been bringing families back to the dinner table with tools that will make your life easier.

Debbie :D

DebbieSAChef said:
I don't cook:
Many Pampered Chef consultants don't cook. They rely on the effectiveness and versatlity of our products. You don't have to cook to enjoy a great meal. Hundreds of meals can be prepared with the press of a button and a microwave. We have many products to help with this process, as well as simple recipes that anyone can make in a flash and delicious too.

I'm on a budget:
So am I. The Pampered Host benefit program is the best in the business. You always get the best deals on our products whether it's earning them FREE, half price, or up to 30% off, our host specials are 60% off. It's a great way to get everything you want at a fraction of the cost. Becoming a Pampered Chef consultant is another great way to earn products for FREE, and at a great discount with incentives all year. Plus you get a paycheck.
Half of our catalog is under $20.

There's just 1 or 2 to cook for:
Well then you will definitely want our newest cookbook titled Cooking for two. It has delicious simple recipes that will wow your spouse, roommate and your tastebuds. Some of our products are specialized for small portions such as our small bar pan, small micro cooker, Mini baker, and our saute pan.

It's too expensive:
Just because Walmart sells a product that looks like ours, doesn't mean the performance will be the same. After you use our products you'll see the difference and realize that it's better to invest a little more in a product that you will be using day after day, week after week, because replacing kitchen tools every couple of weeks and months will eventually cost you the same.
All of our products have warranties, some even up to a lifetime, and are proven to be of the highest quality. Pampered Chef has been in business for over 25 years and has been bringing families back to the dinner table with tools that will make your life easier.

Debbie :D
Wow, that's great! I may have to write a few of those down myself! Thanks!:)

Debbie...those are AWESOME comebacks! I will definitely be using those in the future!! Thanks for sharing that! :)

Debbie...
You are thinking WAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY to clearly for being ready to pop!!!

Love the ideas Debbie!

Getting LeadsI always find that school craft shows/fall fests bring in the best leads. Call around to local schools to find out if they will being having any functions that would allow you to set up a table. They usually charge a minimal fee of 10-$20.

I recruited a lady that answered the phone at one of the schools! You really get the target audience- moms and dads who have families at home for whom they cook, and they all know Pampered Chef.

Also, there's a page on here somewhere of over 100 ways to get bookings. If I find it, I'll post the link.

For the "I don't cook" crowd someone had posted some files for ideas. I've attached them here.

Attachments

• But I don't cook!.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 337
  • But I don't cook!.pdf
    78.2 KB · Views: 265

Related to Budget/Don't Cook Show: A New Way to Connect with Local Customers

What is the process for sharing my idea with Pampered Chef?

The first step is to submit your idea through our website. From there, it will go through an evaluation process by our product development team. If your idea is selected, we will reach out to you for further collaboration.

What types of ideas is Pampered Chef looking for?

We are always open to new and innovative ideas that align with our brand and mission. This can include new product ideas, improvements to existing products, or ideas for events or promotions.

Will I receive credit or compensation if my idea is chosen?

If your idea is selected and implemented, you may receive credit on our website or in our catalog. Compensation will vary depending on the nature and impact of the idea.

What should I include in my idea submission?

Please provide a detailed description of your idea, including any relevant sketches or images. Additionally, include any supporting information such as market research or potential benefits for our customers.

How long does the evaluation process usually take?

The evaluation process can vary, but we typically respond to all submissions within 4-6 weeks. If your idea is selected, the timeline for implementation will depend on the complexity and feasibility of the idea.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lauradahl
  • taraspampered
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
stephaniem4him
  • esavvymom