• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Buckeye Fans Unite! Monday Night Football Here We Come!

One of my cluster-mates will be watching the game from any sports bar she can find at Leadership. She went to Michigan, but will be rooting for OSU for 2 reasons: they're Big 10, and some of her family went to Florida, so she wants to see them whipped!I'm originally from Mount Vernon, Ohio. But since I'm in Germany now, I didn't even realize the game is Monday!I'm going to have to see when it's showing here.I'm rooting for the Buckeyes, but only because it's Big 10... I'm a die hard Wisconsin Badgers fan (Capitol Bowl winners ... 12-1 at end of season ... yippee
nicki25
Silver Member
Just wanted to know if anyone out there is a BUCKEYE fan. Can't wait till the game on Monday night. GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, but I have one Giants fan and one Jets fan in my house!!LOL

Sorry-New England Patriots all the way!;)

OH ---- IO

Let's Go Bucks!!!!!!

One of my cluster-mates will be watching the game from any sports bar she can find at Leadership. She went to Michigan, but will be rooting for OSU for 2 reasons: they're Big 10, and some of her family went to Florida, so she wants to see them whipped! :D

I'm originally from Mount Vernon, Ohio. But since I'm in Germany now, I didn't even realize the game is Monday! I'm going to have to see when it's showing here.

I'm rooting for the Buckeyes, but only because it's Big 10... I'm a die hard Wisconsin Badgers fan (Capitol Bowl winners ... 12-1 at end of season ... yippee!).

GO GATORS!!! FLORIDA ALL THE WAY BABY!!!!

Go Bucks!!! My hubby is from Ohio & is a HUGE Buckeye fan! When they beat Michigan (the team up north, as he calls them), DH, my 1 year old daughter & me all put on our OSU jerseys for our Christmas card picture! I have my cluster meeting that night,but will come home as soon as I can to watch it with him. We were down in Miami at a friend's house when they played them in 2002--talk about being in the minority--everyone but the two of us were rooting for Miami!

GO BUCKS!!!!!

We're right in Buckeye country....and HUGE Buckeye fans too!!!! My poor hubby is on the road and I'm hoping he will be able to see the game. Worst case it he'll listen to it on his XM radio. And I'm sure our dil will TIVO it!!!

I found out it will air at 1 am here! A bunch of the guys from my church are all getting together to watch it. Some even get to go in late the next morning, can you believe?

Of course I can believe it that people would get up and watch the game at 1am. I would do it. We have been ready to watch the game for a long while, ever since we beat that team up north.

OH

LOL! Where are you from in Ohio? I remember MANY years ago when I was in high school one of the Columbus stations always played this thing before the annual game with that team up north. It may have been on many other radio stations too. It was this guy with a REALLY deep voice saying "Michigan SUCKS, Ohio State ROCKS!" Just one of those silly things I remember about home!

[/QUOTE]OH[/QUOTE]

IO

I will be watching the game alone, my husband is in New Mexico all week for work and hopefully my 2 little ones will be in bed so that I can enjoy the game without constant interuptions. I already have the OSU flag outside and mine and my kids jeans and jersey laid out for tommorrow.

GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!

Tracy

I'm glad to see that the majority on this thread are for the UNDEFEATED OHIO STATE BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A guy from our church is the guy inside of Brutus the Buckeye on the field. He wore his Brutus outfit to a church fellowship and let all the kids get their picture taken with him. It was very cool. (Our church building is maybe 2 miles from campus.)

I am from Marysville Oh. It's about 30 minutes north of Columbus and I wasn't really a buckeye fan when I moved here but it kinda grows on you when you live this close to Columbus. I would love to get a picture of my son with Brutus. His whole room is Buckeyes.

My husband is a dentist & made one of his operatories his "Buckeyes" room. It has pictures of the stadium, of him & his dad when they went to a game this season & of the players from the 2002 championship game. I'm going to try to get him OSU outlet covers, etc., to add to what he has. One of our friends is a Michigan fan & he always tries to put him in the OSU room when he comes in.

Go bucks..... that is all that is lived and breath here where i live...

nicki25 said:

IO

I can't wait for the game! I only got to go to one game this year but the Buckeyes are having an awesome season and I can't wait to see them win the National Championship tonight.

GO BUCKS!

amya said:
OH ---- IO

Let's Go Bucks!!!!!!
So do I, and I don't have enough bucks to pay it all off, which is why I have to keep working.

The winner of this game should play Boise State and settle this thing once and for all.

I grew up in Xenia, Ohio, my husband grew up in East Sparta, Ohio. We have listened to ESPN all afternoon. (For once I didn't mind!) Can't wait for the game tonight (and I HATE football!)

GO BUCKS!!!!

OH - IO

Well, I'm messaging from right in the middle! (Well, pretty close anyway.)

I live in an outside suburb of Columbus, and I actually attend OSU! I'm finishing up my bachelor's degree, and I can tell you that this place is buzzing! I'm sure every central Ohioan will be glued to Fox or ESPN tonight! :D I know I will be!

I have a couple of gator friends, and honestly, they are actually preparing to LOSE!!!! I can't believe it! lol I guess they know that no matter what they are, buckeyes will kill anything!!! Buckeyes are poisonous NUTS! :p So go ahead gators - GET SOME!

Ok....I'm never usually into sports, but this is my DH's alma mater, and soon to be mine! ;)

GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my husband works for a delivery company in columbus (not fedex or ups) and he said they have been dead today. it must be a national holiday in columbus because no one is working!!
Only 3ish hours till game time!!!! GO BUCKS!!!

hmolah said:
Well, I'm messaging from right in the middle! (Well, pretty close anyway.)

I live in an outside suburb of Columbus, and I actually attend OSU!

Where do you live in Columbus? I went to Ohio State and graduated 2000, one of my sisters graduated 2001 and another is currently attending. I work in Gahanna but recently moved back close to my parents, near Chillicothe.

I have not got anything accomplished at work today because of all the talk and excitement about tonights game and checking this web site for Leadership updates.

Ok, I thought Londonderry sounded familiar!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't seem to actually place the location....

Well, long story short, I lived in CMH from 1996-2003 and then married my husband, did the military thing for a while, moved back in Nov. 2005 and lived in Gahanna. I LOVE Gahanna. However, homes are a bit pricey there for us, and so we moved to Galloway. (South of Hilliard) So, that is where we are now.

My dad is from Chilli-town ;) , and I actually grew up there and Frankfort. (If you know Frankfort, then you are one of the few true Ohioans, because it is so small!!!! ;))

I'm still at OSU at 28, because I had to work full time to put myself through school, so I've had to take the long road. I love PC, and doubt I'll ever use my degree much, but I HAVE to finish it! It's a sense of accomplishment thing....

SO, remind me...where is Londonderry??? I know that I know that place.....

I do know where Frankfort is. That would be the Adena school district area of Ross County. I went to Southeastern. Londonderry is about 5 miles east of Chilli on Route 50. I know some people that used to live in Frankfort. The Wilson's- Woody, Trish, Matt, Lollie, JP.

I lived in Hilliard right out of college then Canal Winchester for five years before moving back south this past summer. One of my best friends lives in Galloway. That's where I did my first PC show last month.

I'm a native of Ohio but don't tell anybody. My non-TPC employer is in Columbus and it HAS been difficult to get anything accomplished today!

As far as the game tonight goes:
  • I live in WIsconsin and I'm a Bucky fan.
  • My brother is a U of M grad, so once a year (last game, you know) I have to root for Michigan.
  • But since I'm a Big 10 fan, and except for Wisconsin and Penn State, the Big 10 stunk up the bowl games - so I HAVE to root for OSU tonight.

But I still want the winner to play Boise State.

Brigitte said:
I do know where Frankfort is. That would be the Adena school district area of Ross County. I went to Southeastern. Londonderry is about 5 miles east of Chilli on Route 50. I know some people that used to live in Frankfort. The Wilson's- Woody, Trish, Matt, Lollie, JP.

I lived in Hilliard right out of college then Canal Winchester for five years before moving back south this past summer. One of my best friends lives in Galloway. That's where I did my first PC show last month.

Yep! Adena Warriors! lol. Wilson.....was the 'father' a band director? If so, I was in his junior high band class! My parents divorced after 7th grade for me, and so then I moved about 50 miles south-east to Jackson. But, Matt sounds familiar.....maybe he was in my class??? :confused: *thinking* I know a lot of people in Frankfort. Technically, my father still resides there!

Funny about Galloway! Small world....:cool:

P.S. That's right! That is why it doesn't ring so familiar...I haven't been out on Rt. 50 in a long time...funny thing, last weekend DH (who is from LA - FAR from Ohio) and I went to reminisce (sp?) in Chilli town and Frankfort. SO much has changed! I would consider heading back to Chilli someday....

I don't think that Woody was a band director. A man of many talents but I don't think that is one. I think I probably live closer to Jackson than I do to Frankfort. My parents have friends that live there and my grandfather prefers the Jackson Walmart to the Chillicothe Walmart. I just like that there is a Sonic. I love their deserts. If your from Jackson you probably know where Richmond Dale is. Londonderry is just a few miles down Vigo Road. It actually ends there.

Ahhh...ok. When I saw Londenderry, I thought of Richmondale. Which of course, I really don't pass through since the new 35 was done. That makes traveling from Chillicothe (or it used to be Columbus in my case) to Jackson quicker. My parents don't live in Jackson anymore, so I rarely go down there, but yes, DH and I love Sonic too! We're huge fans of the Cherry Limeades...

Oops...we might have 'hijacked' the thread. :eek:

GO BUCKS! :D

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I'm a native of Ohio but don't tell anybody. My non-TPC employer is in Columbus and it HAS been difficult to get anything accomplished today!

As far as the game tonight goes:
  • I live in WIsconsin and I'm a Bucky fan.
  • My brother is a U of M grad, so once a year (last game, you know) I have to root for Michigan.
  • But since I'm a Big 10 fan, and except for Wisconsin and Penn State, the Big 10 stunk up the bowl games - so I HAVE to root for OSU tonight.

But I still want the winner to play Boise State.

I knew there was a reason I liked you Kitchen Guy. Must be the Ohio connection. LOL
I don't think you should feel obligated to root for the team up North just because of your brother. It's okay to love him but some times you just have to let those crazy kids do their own thing.
I'm up for playing Boise, how's next weekend work for everybody?

hmolah said:
Oops...we might have 'hijacked' the thread. :eek:

GO BUCKS! :D

I was just thinking the same thing. The game starts in a few minutes so I guess it is time to let the thread die.

With that opening play, I don't think this thread is going to die anytime soon.

That was the way you open a football game. I was so excited that my kids got out of bed to see what was wrong.:)

Tracy

I dunno - Florida is making this look awfully easy.

We'll bounce back. I have faith. Tressel will get these boys back on task.

He better, because so far, Tressel has been pretty well outcoached.

Okay, so maybe somebody needs to sit Tressel down for a little chat.

The first quarter belongs to Florida.

The second quarter starts in their hands.

OSU has one first down and no offensive yardage. Florida has 9 first downs and three touchdowns.

OSU has to score on this opening drive of the second quarter. 51 days off might have caused a sluggish first half but if the offense doesn't get going right now, the defense is going to be completely gassed and this will turn into a blowout.

We're currently living in Indiana (not my idea of fun!!) but we are all huge Buckeye fans!! My family is watching the game right now. I'm more excited
about the new Pampered Chef products than a game!!!
Bev

Now, just WHERE are your priorities?

OSU just scored - you better get excited!

GO GATORS! THEY'RE KICKING *SS!!!:D

So far, you're right, Kristi.

Long way to go, though.

(My favorite coach is in the booth tonight.)

Stampaholic1961 said:
We're currently living in Indiana (not my idea of fun!!) but we are all huge Buckeye fans!! My family is watching the game right now. I'm more excited
about the new Pampered Chef products than a game!!!
Bev

Hey now, Bev! I live in Indiana!!:D DH is pacing right now--HUGE Buckeye fan. He REALLY gets into games. He even took tomorrow morning off work!

I don't know about you guys, but I've seen enough of that &^%$#! Rock 'em Sock 'em Robot commercial that I never want to buy either Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots OR a Dodge.

If the second half doesn't go better I'm going to need one of those Rock 'em Sock 'ems for myself.

:D
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I don't know about you guys, but I've seen enough of that &^%$#! Rock 'em Sock 'em Robot commercial that I never want to buy either Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots OR a Dodge.

That is so funny! My hubby said the same thing so I just read him what you wrote and he totally agreed!

pamperedgirl3 said:
Hey now, Bev! I live in Indiana!!:D DH is pacing right now--HUGE Buckeye fan. He REALLY gets into games. He even took tomorrow morning off work!

I'm hearing lots of yelling from the living room!!! He is even letting
the kids (13 & 16) stay up to watch the game!! They are usually
in bed at 9:00!!!

Bev

I am watching the game right now (and getting my quick fix of Chef's success, as usual!) and we aren't doing the greatest. I thought we would have done better. It's only half time now so hopefully we get our butts going! I remember 3 years ago, I was in the hospital and had just given birth to my 4th baby, my husband was spending the night and he fell asleep before the championship game was over.....I wouldn't take pain meds until the game was over. Then I jumped up out of bed when we won......woke the hubbie up and he thought something was wrong with me! lol He's at work now, works swing shifts as a police officer in our city. Well, back to the game.... GO BUCKS!!!! No more turnovers please!

I agree with that commercial. Do we have to see it again??? No more Rock'em Sock'em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebbieJ
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
pcchris
  • Kodeysmom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg