• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Welcome Auburn Fans! Share Your Love and Pride Here!

In summary, I loved Auburn football because it was a very physical game and the fans were amazing. I also loved the campus and the stadium.
chefmeg
Gold Member
If you know what that means, then this is the place for you! Us Auburn fans were hijacking another thread, so we have moved over here! Tell us why you love Auburn and Auburn football as well as where you are from and any other fun info you want to share about our beloved "plains"

Thanks Meg!

I'll post my football tribute here too:

WOMEN'S ACCESSORIES
North: Chap stick in back pocket and a $20 bill in the front pocket.
South: Louis Vuitton duffel with two lipsticks, water-proof mascara, and a fifth of bourbon. Money not necessary that's what dates are for.

STADIUM SIZE
North: College football stadiums hold 20,000 people.
South: High School football stadiums hold 20,000 people.

FATHERS
North: Expect their daughters to understand Sylvia Plath
South: Expect their daughters to understand pass interference.

CAMPUS DECOR
North: Statues of founding fathers.
South: Statues of Heisman Trophy winners.

HOMECOMING QUEEN
North: Also a physics major.
South: Also Miss USA

HEROES
North: Mario Cuomo
South: Paul "Bear" Bryant

GETTING TICKETS
North: 5 days before the game you walk into the ticket office on campus and purchase tickets.
South: 5 months before the game walk into the ticket office on campus and put name on waiting list for tickets.

FRIDAY CLASSES AFTER A THURSDAY NIGHT GAME
North: Students and teacher are not sure if they are going to the game, because they have classes on Friday.
South: Teachers cancel Friday classes because they don't want to see the few hung over students that might actually make it to class.

PARKING
North: An hour before game time the University open the campus for game parking.
South: RV's sporting their school flags begin arriving on Wednesday for the weekend festivities. The really faithful arrive on Tuesday.

GAME DAY
North: A few students party in the dorm and watch ESPN on TV.
South: Every student wakes up, has a beer for breakfast and rushes over to where ESPN is broadcasting "Game Day Live" to get on camera and wave to the idiots up North who wonder why "Game Day Live" is never broadcast from their campus.

TAILGATING
North: Raw meat on a grill, beer with lime in it, listening to local radio station with truck tailgate down.
South: 30-foot custom pig-shaped smoker fires up at dawn. Cooking accompanied by live performance by "David Allen Coe," who comes over during breaks and asks for a hit off bottle of bourbon.

GETTING TO THE STADIUM
North: You ask "Where's the stadium?". When you find it, you walk right in.
South: When you're near it, you'll hear it. On game day it becomes the state's third largest city.

CONCESSIONS
North: Drinks served in a paper cup, filled to the top with soda.
South: Drinks served in a plastic cup with the home team's mascot on it, filled less than halfway with soda, to ensure enough room for bourbon.

WHEN NATIONAL ANTHEM IS PLAYED
North: Stands are less than half full, and less than half of them stand up.
South: 100,000 fans, all standing, sing along in perfect 3-part harmony.

THE SMELL IN THE AIR AFTER THE FIRST SCORE
North: Nothing changes.
South: Fireworks, with a touch of bourbon.

COMMENTARY (MALE)
North: "Nice play."
South: "Dammit, you slow sum***** - tackle him and break his legs!!"

COMMENTARY (FEMALE)
North: "My, this certainly is a violent sport."
South: "Dammit, you slow sum***** - tackle him and break his legs!!"

ANNOUNCERS
North: Neutral and paid.
South: Announcer harmonizes with the crowd in the fight song, with a tear in his eye because he is so proud of his team.

AFTER THE GAME
North: The stadium is empty way before the game ends.
South: Another rack of ribs goes on the smoker. While somebody goes to the nearest package store for more bourbon, planning begins for next week's game.

My Auburn stats:

Sept 79 - Aug 83

Majored in Foreign Language International Trade

Member of Pi Beta Phi Sorrority

Lived in: Liberty Hall :yuck: , Dorm J, and Fox Den apts

Worked at Captain D's and WalMart

Favorite party spot: The War Eagle Supper Club, Hungry Hunter....don't remember the other one, but it was a Country Music Bar in a hotel in Opelika

ROLL TIDE! GO BAMA!!!

Sorry I could not resists! :D

Jennifer, you really should have resisted, as the title of this thread hasn't got anything to do rolling or tide.

chefmeg said:
Jennifer, you really should have resisted, as the title of this thread hasn't got anything to do rolling or tide.

I know I should not have even clicked on it!!

Jennifer.....ahem, that was very unladylike of you....shame shame shame! Just incase you were confused this thread is all about.....
WAR EAGLE!!!!

My AU stats:

September 86-August 88

graduated with a BS in Medical Technolgy

lived in Whittle Dorm on Gay Street-was the Dorm Mommy there my last year with 35 FRESHMAN girls :yuck: AND stayed through 2 summers with no A/C!

Worked at the mall in a clothing store for a SHORT while and then went with AU catering

LOVED the War Eagle Supper Club and an hole in the wall club out near the mall whose name totally escapes me...it was a pool hall, really but lots of fun music.

Best football game moment: when the Tigers beat Bama in 1987 in a driving rain in B'ham on a reverse by Lawyer Tillman!

How many years has it been since Bama won the Iron Bowl?!
chefmeg said:
The only "Rolling" we do is at Toomer's Corner after we BEAT BAMA for 5, yes I said FIVE, years in a row!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hard to believe that so many 5th year Seniors at Bama will never know what it is like to win an Iron Bowl...Jennifer, sorry, but you shouldn't have said anything! LOL

Chefmeg, I was at AU from 93-97. :thumbup: Graduated with a Psych and Criminology major. I just saw your other post on the voting thread...

Remember The Flush? Toomer's Lemonade? When is the last time you were back there? My family went a couple of years ago and I wouldn't have recognized the place if I didn't see the signs! My how things change!

I lived at Noble Hall (now destroyed and new building sits in it place - thank GOD!) I also lived on Glenn about 1 block from campus (can't remember the Apt name) and then on Toomer Street again about 1 block from campus - in a house with a clown painted on the front...yes, a clown and the mouth was the door so use your imagination about the size of the clown face as it took up the entire house front.

My hubby and I talk about winning the lottery so we can buy a huge RV and tailgate for every game in style! Aaahh, dare to dream right?:balloon:

I've been thinking and we can't fault those who cheer for Bama...they don't know any better! :D

Oh yeah, I loved the Supper Club too! I dated a guy for a while who lived across the street...dangerous crossing the street after a few drinks, but man that was fun!

I didn't graduate from Auburn, but I have been a true fan since childhood, long, long ago!
DH Undergrad @ AU 96
Grad @ AU 2001

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR EAGLE !! HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Earthquake game
pamperedlinda said:
GETTING TO THE STADIUM
North: You ask "Where's the stadium?". When you find it, you walk right in.
South: When you're near it, you'll hear it. On game day it becomes the state's third largest city.

Speaking of southern football...I'm sure you guys remember this one:
Earthquake Game - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(LSU vs AU 1988)...not happy about the outcome, but the game registered on the Richter scale:eek: ...Yes, there is something to be said about SEC football and the fans!:D

My husband took our kids to this last weekend game. It was the first game for my 5 year old son. He loved it. They sat on the first row behind the field goal where they bring the eagle out. Mr. Penny was beside them. Remember he is the black guy who does push ups for every down and touchdown they make. My family were on the pay per view tv. When the cameras would clue in on Mr. Penny they were to his left.
It is a 4 hour drive for us but they love it. I am the only one who is a Tennessee fan so I worked a booth that day.
My daughter's friend went also and she is the only Auburn fan in a house of Bama fans. She bought a elephant that has a tshirt saying I want to be like Aubie. She said her dad was going to kill her. :)
Crystal

Had to bump this thread due to the outcome of the game! It was a doozy and I am so glad I managed to stay awake to watch the whole thing! When they play in Jordan-Hare, I just feel like I may never see that game in that setting! The first game there, I had already graduated and couldn't afford the ticket prices, so I sat in my tiny apartment in Tallahassee FL and cried knowing that my friends were all there and wasted in the student section! I did have a dream about a week ago that my ex-boyfriend that I dated while at AU managed to get my whole family tickets....ya, right!
I really miss the atmosphere in Auburn, but I am very lucky that my DH graduated from East Carolina University and we have season tickets there. It is as close as I'll get to what I had at AU:cry:

Chef Meg, I went searching for this thread as well...we (AU) has beaten Alabama for 6 (yes, SIX) years in a row! WAR EAGLE! It's great to be an Auburn Tiger!

Related to Welcome Auburn Fans! Share Your Love and Pride Here!

1. What is the purpose of the "Welcome Auburn Fans!" page?

The "Welcome Auburn Fans!" page is a space for Auburn University fans to come together and share their love and pride for the university. It is a community-driven page where fans can connect, interact, and show their support for Auburn.

2. How do I become a member of the "Welcome Auburn Fans!" page?

To become a member of the "Welcome Auburn Fans!" page, simply click on the "Join Group" button located at the top of the page. This will prompt you to log in to your Facebook account and request to join the group. Once your request is approved by an administrator, you will be able to access the page and participate in discussions and activities.

3. Can I promote my business or sell items on the "Welcome Auburn Fans!" page?

No, the "Welcome Auburn Fans!" page is strictly for the purpose of sharing love and pride for Auburn University. Any posts promoting businesses or selling items will be removed by the administrators.

4. Is the "Welcome Auburn Fans!" page officially affiliated with Auburn University?

No, the "Welcome Auburn Fans!" page is not officially affiliated with Auburn University. It is a community-driven page created and managed by fans of the university.

5. How can I report inappropriate content or behavior on the "Welcome Auburn Fans!" page?

If you come across any content or behavior on the "Welcome Auburn Fans!" page that you believe is inappropriate, you can report it to the administrators by clicking on the three dots in the top right corner of the post and selecting "Report to Admin." The administrators will review the report and take appropriate action.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • susanr613
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • Pampered Laura