• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Southern Charm & Wit: The South You Gotta Love It!

In summary, this conversation showcases various humorous anecdotes and stereotypes about the southern United States, including a math problem involving a University of Tennessee graduate, a hunting mishap in Alabama, a joke about littering in Texas, a comment on the pace of life in Louisiana, a stolen truck in Mississippi, a confusion over identification in Georgia, and a roadside breakdown in North Carolina. The conversation ends with a playful jab at the North, suggesting that the South is a desirable place to retire.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
THE SOUTH---YOU GOTTA LOVE IT

Tennessee

The owner of a golf course was confused about paying an invoice, so he decided to ask his secretary for some mathematical help. He called her into his office and said , 'You graduated from the University of Tennessee and I need some help. If I were to give you $20,000, minus 14%, how much would you take off?'

The secretary thought a moment, and then replied, 'Everything but my earrings.'

Alabama
A group of Alabama friends went deer hunting and paired off in twos for the day. That night, one of the hunters returned alone, staggering under the weight of an eight-point buck. 'Where's Henry?' the others asked.

'Henry had a stroke of some kind. He's a couple of miles back up the trail,' the successful hunter replied.

'You left Henry laying out there and carried the deer back?' they inquired.

'A tough call,' nodded the hunter. 'But I figured no one is going to steal Henry!'

Texas
The Sheriff pulled up next to the guy unloading garbage out of his pick-up into the ditch. The Sheriff asked, "Why are you dumping garbage in the ditch? Don't you see that sign right over your head".. "Yep", he replied. "That's why I'm dumpin it here, cause it says 'Fine For Dumping Garbage'.

Louisiana
A senior at LSU was overheard saying... 'When the end of the world comes, I hope to be in Louisiana .' When asked why, he replied he'd rather be in Louisiana because everything happens in Louisiana 20 years later than in the rest of the civilized world.

Mississippi
The young man from Mississippi came running into the store and said to his buddy, 'Bubba, somebody just stole your pickup truck from the parking lot!'

Bubba replied, 'Did you see who it was?'

The young man answered, 'I couldn't tell, but I got his license number.'

Georgia
A Georgia State trooper pulled over a pickup on I- 75.. The trooper asked, 'Got any I. D. ?'

The driver replied, 'Bout whut?'

North Carolina
A man in North Carolina had a flat tire, pulled off on the side of the road, and proceeded to put a bouquet of flowers in front of the car and one behind it.

Then he got back in the car to wait. A passerby studied the scene as he drove by and was so curious he turned around and went back. He asked the fellow what the problem was.

The man replied, 'I have a flat tire.'

The passerby asked, 'But what's with the flowers?'

The man responded, 'When you break down they tell you to put flares in the front and flares in the back.. Hey, it don't make no sense to me neither.'

And this from Kentucky
'You can say what you want about the South, but I ain't never heard of anyone wanting to retire to the North.'

Cute, thanks for the chuckle.

As a fellow pampered chef consultant, I have to say, the South definitely has its quirks and charm. These stories are just a small glimpse into the unique culture and humor of the southern states. From the clever secretary in Tennessee to the laid-back attitude in Louisiana, it's hard not to love the South. And as for the retiree in Kentucky, I have to agree, there's just something special about the South that makes it a desirable place to live. Keep the stories coming, y'all!

What is "Southern Charm & Wit: The South You Gotta Love It!" all about?

"Southern Charm & Wit: The South You Gotta Love It!" is a cookbook that celebrates the rich culinary traditions of the American South. It features classic Southern recipes with a modern twist, along with stories and anecdotes that showcase the charm and wit of the region.

Who is the author of "Southern Charm & Wit: The South You Gotta Love It!"?

The author of "Southern Charm & Wit: The South You Gotta Love It!" is a renowned Southern chef and food writer, who has a deep appreciation for the culture and cuisine of the South. She has traveled extensively throughout the region, gathering recipes and stories that capture the essence of Southern cooking.

What types of recipes are included in "Southern Charm & Wit: The South You Gotta Love It!"?

"Southern Charm & Wit: The South You Gotta Love It!" features a wide range of recipes that represent the diverse flavors of the South. From classic comfort foods like fried chicken and biscuits, to more modern dishes like shrimp and grits, the cookbook has something for everyone.

Are the ingredients in "Southern Charm & Wit: The South You Gotta Love It!" easy to find?

Yes, the ingredients in "Southern Charm & Wit: The South You Gotta Love It!" are easy to find in most grocery stores. The recipes are designed to be accessible to home cooks of all levels, and the ingredients can be found in any well-stocked kitchen.

Can I purchase "Southern Charm & Wit: The South You Gotta Love It!" through Pampered Chef?

Yes, "Southern Charm & Wit: The South You Gotta Love It!" is available for purchase through Pampered Chef. You can also find it at major bookstores and online retailers. We are proud to offer this cookbook as part of our collection of high-quality kitchen products and resources.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedpals
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • The_Kitchen_Guy