• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Brownie in Family Skillet & Banana Split Brownie Questions

In summary, Ruthie recommends using the cake-like instructions for the brownie on the box. She says it came out perfect and she is going to offer this as a September recipe. She also recommends using the skillet to demonstrate the cookware. Thanks for your feedback!
jrstephens
My host Thursday night wants to do the Banana Split Brownie. I want to do the brownie in the skillet to promote the cookware.

Do I follow the cake-like instructions or the regular?

I am trying this at home tonight.

Also, can you help me out on different products to demo? This does not seem to use very many products. But then I am thinking of starting to do something short and sweet and do some type of catalog walk through to change things up a bit?

Hey Jennifer,

I've never made the Banana Split Brownie in the Family Skillet (only on the large round stone) but I would think that you could do it as the cake-like and it should flip out easily for you.
As for the other products to use:

Large round platter to flip the brownie on to
SS bowl to cream the cream cheese and the sugar together in
Mix n' Scraper to cream the above with
Core and more to core the strawberries and the Egg slicer plus to slice them and the bananas with
Easy read measure cup to heat the fudge topping in the micro and to pour on top of brownie
Food Chopper to chop the nuts with...I put these in a Prep Bowl and set to the side in case anyone is allergic to nuts
Can Opener to open the can of pineapple tidbits
EAD to put whipped topping in
Pizza cutter to cut the pizza
Mini Serve Spatula to serve

HTH

Ruthie

I have never made the Banana Split Brownie, but I used the cake like directions with the molten chocolate brownie.

hey Jennifer, how will you do the catalog walk throughs?? Just talk about everything in the catalogs?

jrstephens said:
My host Thursday night wants to do the Banana Split Brownie. I want to do the brownie in the skillet to promote the cookware.

Do I follow the cake-like instructions or the regular?

I am trying this at home tonight.
Let us know how your run-through goes! This sounds like a good recipe to use to show the cookware. I usually do the Turtle Fudge Skillet cake, but it'll be nice to have a new one to try.:D

Let us know how it turns out, could be a good cookware choice.

feather18 said:
hey Jennifer, how will you do the catalog walk throughs?? Just talk about everything in the catalogs?

I usually play a game. I call out products and the first one to find it gets a ticket. I usually do this for about 25 tickets and at the end the person with the most tickets wins a small prize.

I bake it in the skillet using cake-like instuctions. It came out perfect!! Now I just hope this happens at my show!! I plan to cook it while at the host's house and then turn it out when everyone gets there since the brownie needs to be cool for the toppings.

I do not have the round platter, so, I am going to turn it out on my large round stone sitting in the weave.

I did not do the whole recipe last night, I just baked the brownie to make sure it did not stick in my skillet!

Ruthie- thanks for the list of prudcts to use. I knew someone would put their "thinking cap" on - I just was not in a thinking mood yesterday! HA!:blushing:

My pleasure! I am going to offer this as a September recipe also, now that I know it works in the skillet. Thanks for letting us know it turned out great. Thiis recipe is really impressive and tastes so yummy. I made this all the time when I first started in 1994. It is still my DH favorite PC dessert recipe.

Did you spray the skillet before you put in the batter?

RUthie

chefruthie said:
Did you spray the skillet before you put in the batter?

RUthie

I did spray it. I used our pump and sprayed it with that not Pam or anything. I was very impressed with the way it just "fell out."

jrstephens said:
I did spray it. I used our pump and sprayed it with that not Pam or anything. I was very impressed with the way it just "fell out."
So you used the cake-like instructions on the brownie box? Did you use their oven temps and time? How long did you bake it at and what temp? Thanks so much! I may have to practice this myself and figure out somewhere else to take it so I don't eat it....maybe a new neighbor's?:confused:

Thanks for your feedback!:D

pamperedbecky said:
So you used the cake-like instructions on the brownie box? Did you use their oven temps and time? How long did you bake it at and what temp? Thanks so much! I may have to practice this myself and figure out somewhere else to take it so I don't eat it....maybe a new neighbor's?:confused:

Thanks for your feedback!:D

Yep, I did the cake like instructions. I baked it at 350 degrees and it took about 23 minutes to bake. I timed it. I think I could have taken it off a couple minutes earlier b/c I like my brownies a little gooey and this was not. If i had another pack I would try it not using the cake like instructions but I don't need that much brownie laying around either!!!!

1. What is a "Brownie in Family Skillet"?

The "Brownie in Family Skillet" is a delicious and easy dessert made with Pampered Chef's Brownie Mix and baked in our Family Skillet. It is perfect for sharing with a group or enjoying on your own!

2. How do I make a "Brownie in Family Skillet"?

To make a "Brownie in Family Skillet", simply follow the instructions on the back of the Brownie Mix package. Pour the prepared batter into the Family Skillet and bake according to the recommended time and temperature. Once done, let it cool before serving and adding toppings.

3. Can I use any type of skillet for the "Brownie in Family Skillet"?

We recommend using our Family Skillet for the best results. The size and shape of the skillet are perfect for creating a deep dish brownie that is evenly baked and easy to serve.

4. What is a "Banana Split Brownie"?

The "Banana Split Brownie" is a fun twist on the classic dessert, combining a rich and fudgy brownie with the flavors of a banana split. It is made with our Brownie Mix, topped with sliced bananas, chocolate sauce, and a dollop of whipped cream.

5. Can I customize the toppings on the "Banana Split Brownie"?

Absolutely! While we recommend using sliced bananas, chocolate sauce, and whipped cream, you can get creative and add your favorite toppings such as nuts, sprinkles, or even cherries to make it your own.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Carissidy
  • mhrivera
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
mhrivera
  • stefani2