• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bridal Fair Promo: Up to $200 in Free Product!

In summary, the conversation is about a consultant's upcoming bridal fair and their promotional offer of a mystery host drawing for orders over $10. The consultant is seeking advice on what payment methods to accept, with suggestions to only accept cash and credit cards. Others share their experiences with bridal shows, with some having success and others not. Some advise on gathering registry information and offering a giveaway to entice registrations. The conversation also touches on the costs and potential returns of participating in bridal fairs.
chefgailliard
Hi All!

I have a bridal fair coming up (yea! :thumbup: ) and I have a promo that if people order a minimum of $10, they will be entered in a drawing to receive up to $200 in free product. So it's a mystery host type of thing.

The question is what payments do you accept? I think because these are people I do not know or I don't have a point of contact like with a show that I would just accept cash and credit cards. I don't want to hunt people down for checks. I figure if people have check cards, they should be ok to use that instead of a check. Has anyone done this? How successful was it?

Also, if you have done bridal shows, do you get a lot of orders? I just want to know if I can make a show out of sales at the show, or if it is realistic.

Thanks!

Glinnesa

I just finished a bridal show this past weekend and to tell you the truth, I am not so sure I would do another one. I did a raffle for a free piece of stoneware when you held a bridal shower and the brides were all for it until they heard you didn't get the stoneware until the show was held. But what frustrated me the most is when I returned home, I found that out of 220 registry forms, only about 50 were filled in with the correct information. VERY FRUSTRATING!! Especially when you have spent over $1000 on the booth, flyers, hotel, travel, preparation, etc. I don't expect to see any return at all. Sorry, I didn't mean to rain on your parade, I know how EXCITED I was the week and even the day of the Expo. I just didn't want you to be as disappointed as I was the day after. Hopefully, it will be better for you. I have seen post on here where it was GREAT for some consultants and NOT SO great for others.

I won't do another one either. I did one when I moved to MI in 2001. The cost was $300 and I got 3 shows out of it so I covered the cost. The leads were mostly bogus.

What I would do is take the Well-Stocked Kitchen form and get as many as possible to register with you. Make up a simple form with all of the required info for the registry (see the registry form for more info) and have them fill out the form and tell them that automatically registers them for the well-stocked kitchen. No need for them to fill it all out. Then I would tell them, everyone who registers gets their name in a drawing for a PC Apron and Cookbook and then I'd send the winner the white apron and a season's best.

Good luck!

This fair was free to me, so the only cost is time. If I get three leads, that's three I didn't have when the day started. I am actually doing three promotions...free gift with a wedding registry (they will be filling out registry forms), free products for booking a show on that day, an then the last stated above. Hopefully this will work to get me something. Like I said, anything I get from this show will be a bonus.

I would definitely only take cash or cards. I wouldn't expect many orders from this type of event, but you never know. I will attach the form I use for bridal info. I can't remember who I got it from, probably from here.

Good luck!! I have a big one coming up in Jan. I am kinda nervous because it was so expensive and I haven't been hearing good things about the bridal fairs. If it works great!! If it doesn't work then I'll chalk it up as a lesson learned.

Attachments

• wedding registry sign up for fairs.doc
    68 KB · Views: 511
Last edited:
I prefer credit cards. Anything else means a trip to the bank.

I've taken checks from people I don't know. So far, no bouncies! I'd hate to have to turn into a bill collector...$30 from my bank, if I get a bad one.

chefgailliard said:
Hi All!

I have a bridal fair coming up (yea! :thumbup: ) and I have a promo that if people order a minimum of $10, they will be entered in a drawing to receive up to $200 in free product. So it's a mystery host type of thing.

The question is what payments do you accept? I think because these are people I do not know or I don't have a point of contact like with a show that I would just accept cash and credit cards. I don't want to hunt people down for checks. I figure if people have check cards, they should be ok to use that instead of a check. Has anyone done this? How successful was it?

Also, if you have done bridal shows, do you get a lot of orders? I just want to know if I can make a show out of sales at the show, or if it is realistic.

Thanks!

Glinnesa

I don't think you should expect many orders. (I may be wrong though!) Most people come to Bridal Fairs to get ideas to help make Wedding decisions. In my experience, most don't come to shop. I would concentrate on Bridal Registries, and the benefits of a PC Bridal Shower.

These brides are so overwhelmed, they just try to hit each booth and get out. They get so tired of giving their info out at each booth, so they really start to slack on getting ALL of the info filled out.

I wouldn't go into this booth looking for sales. I would focus more on leads.
Just try to tell them a few key points about our registry and bridal showers to get their attention. Then get their info and follow up! Call within 48 hours and chat when they are out of the Bridal Fair whirlwind. You'll get a much better response from them then.

At least, that has been my experience.

Great point Cindy!

With that, on your DPS or whatever you're planning on using, have a section for the name of the person who would be throwing the shower for the bride. The bride doesn't throw her own shower so you'll need to talk to her mom or maid of honor or sister about it.

ChefBeckyD said:
I don't think you should expect many orders. (I may be wrong though!) Most people come to Bridal Fairs to get ideas to help make Wedding decisions. In my experience, most don't come to shop. I would concentrate on Bridal Registries, and the benefits of a PC Bridal Shower.

Don't forget recruiting! More and more brides are paying for their own weddings now and could use the extra cash!

Here is a document that I borrowed from this site that outlines the differences in our registry opposed to others. I will also try to upload a few photos from the expo I just finished if I can get them to download onto my computer and the post to here. I am still new to this MB thing. :eek:

Attachments

• weddingregistrycompare.doc
    53 KB · Views: 417
Roxy...that would be wonderful. It will help to see what others have done. Thank you if you can do that. If not, email me at [email protected].

roxylady said:
Here is a document that I borrowed from this site that outlines the differences in our registry opposed to others. I will also try to upload a few photos from the expo I just finished if I can get them to download onto my computer and the post to here. I am still new to this MB thing. :eek:

I like this, thanks! Now if I just remember I have it when I need it! (Anyone else have that problem?):)

I did notice Macy's now give a percentage off for their registry, but only the products left on the list after the wedding. I'm not sure if their on-line or not.

Yes, that was pointed out to me this past weekend by a bride-to-be. I was fortunate to be at a Bridal Expo that had not only me but Macy's, Cuisanart, Linens and Things, JCPenney, Dilliards and Target in attendance. The brides would ask if we had bed linens and other larger appliances. I told them we did not but we could stock their kitchens for a lifetime with quality kitchen tools that would not have to be replaced by them in 1-2 years by their dime; after receiving them as gifts. I also pointed out that our SS and Executive cookware had lifetime warranties, so when they had children 10 years from now that wanted to stand on the pan to reach the cereal and dent it- it would be replaced for free and the groom would not have to purchase another WHOLE set just to get that one pan at an astronomical price. At that, the groom said- how does she sign up?:D It was a learning experience for me as I am still within my 60 days and this was my first expo.

Okay, I hope this work. These are pictures of how I set things up for the Bridal Expo in Orlando,Fl. I hope this helps. I put out a sign with the comparisons and then put copies in flyer form in a document holder behind the sign. I also put flyers in a holder next to it on both sides of the tables. As people would come by I would ask them if they were familiar with PC and then would tell them about us and the registry as I placed a comparison flyer inside the registry flyer and handed it to them. If they were REALLY interested I would also give them a Holiday/Fall mini catalog. Everyone that filled out a registry form, I gave them a coupon for a season's best cookbook. Anyone that signed up for a shower, I gave a coupon for a free apron to be redeemed when the show held. I also had a sign stating that when the registry reached $150 in sales, I would give them a stoneware piece of their choice FREE. I hope this helps. ;)

:blushing: Sorry, forgot the pics. I could only get two to upload, I have to leave for a show but later tonight or tomorrow I will attempt to convert the files to smaller sizes and upload the rest. Sorry.:(

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 364
  • sacaddy.jpg
    sacaddy.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 418
OMG Roxy! Those are so cute!! I have a Bridal fair coming up in January and I think I may have to "steal" your ideas. I hope you can get the others to load, I would love to get more ideas. If not, maybe you could email them to me? [email protected]. What kind of results did you get from the show?

That TTA is darling!

LOVE the Wedding Registry comparison!

Thanks for sharing.....I can't wait to finish qualifying so I can start promoting my registery too!

Well, I am going to confess. Please don't hate me. But a loooonng time ago (way before PC), I went to a bridal show with a girlfriend--neither one of us was engaged! We just went to "dream". I vaguely remember--but I probably gave bogus info, too. I know better now, I promise!!!!! Oh, the things we do, huh?!!!I would do a bridal show/fair only if the cost was reasonable.

I am still trying to put the other pictures on here, the problem is that they are too large. I can not get them smaller than 108kb and the limit is 97. So if you would like to see them please give me your email address and I will email them to you.

Related to Bridal Fair Promo: Up to $200 in Free Product!

What products are included in the Bridal Fair Promo?

The Bridal Fair Promo includes a wide range of Pampered Chef products, including cookware, bakeware, kitchen tools, and pantry items. You can use your free product credit towards any item on our website or in our catalog.

How can I redeem my free product credit?

You can redeem your free product credit by entering the promo code provided at checkout when placing an order on our website. If you prefer to order through a consultant, simply provide them with the promo code and they can place the order for you.

Can I combine the Bridal Fair Promo with other offers or discounts?

No, the Bridal Fair Promo cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts. Only one promo code can be used per order.

How long is the Bridal Fair Promo available?

The Bridal Fair Promo is available for a limited time only. Please check the expiration date on the promo code to ensure it is still valid.

Do I have to be a bride or groom to participate in the Bridal Fair Promo?

No, the Bridal Fair Promo is open to anyone who is hosting a bridal fair event or attending as a guest. The promo code can be used for any type of order, not just for bridal-related products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• christinaspc
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
reneenshelcook4u
  • ChefChris
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • ChefKelebel