• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bridal Fairs Can Be a Great Business Jump Starter!

In summary,This conversation discusses how to use a bridal fair to get benefits from two different events. A consultant shared how they tripped up an event by only focusing on one benefit. Another consultant shared how they got good turnout at their booth by incorporating a scrapbook and order form.
ChefKelebel
I wanted to share with all my cheffer friends about a Bridal Fair I literally fell into a couple of weeks ago. About 4 days before this bridal fair, I reached out to a fellow consultant who had already booked a booth at a local fair. It turned out he couldn't use the booth so he let me go in his place (cost to me: $75). I thought this was a really great deal because I know how expensive these booths cost. With only 4 days to prepare, I decided to put "bridal packets" together (just like a host packet, only for brides, mother of brides, whoever was giving the shower) and I went in with a plan...

I talked to everyone about "double dipping". I focused on how to use the wedding shower to get one set of great hostess benefits and then use the registry to get another (the double dipping!). I even "triple dipped" a mom of the bride by explaining how she could host a show first (to get her own rewards) and then the wedding shower and registry!

My "double dipping" strategy paid off! I have 8 bridal registries all of them planning their wedding shower with me, up to and including 2 Moms and 1 maid of honora who are hosting cooking shows with me before the wedding showers!

Here's some photos from the event. I'll definately do this again!:D

Attachments

• IMG_3751.JPG
    IMG_3751.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 792
  • IMG_3754.JPG
    IMG_3754.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 698
  • IMG_3757.jpg
    IMG_3757.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 730
Wow! Great display and a super smart idea! Could have used this a few weeks back! lol

Thanks for sharing!

That's great!

I looked up upcoming bridal fairs here in my area and have them on my list to call when the baby takes a nap today :)

Thanks for sharing!What a successful event. Your table looked great!

Most bridal fairs are outrageously priced! My share with 2 other consultants for one hour last year was $68. We all thought it would be worth it because the newspaper promised us "weekly engagement announcements" for one year. I got 2 "sets" from it over a period of 10 months. It seems they would "put them together" for several weeks then send engagement and wedding announcements together! I didn't get a single registry with 12 contacts there at the Show. I passed on the leads to my Recruit and she said no one wanted to even book shows! It was a terrible investment to me and I won't do another one. I think they are grossly overpriced!

In the first picture all the way to the right at the top of the picture what do you have on a stand? It looks like you made grooms cards or something. Your display is very nice. What do you have in the 3 ring binder? I have done this several times and have gotten really good turn out with it. I have made up some boards that I can display with the different and upcoming specials and I have one set-up that is just the bridal info.

The upper right corner is the new 3 tiered stand with the really cute little groomsmen and bridal boxes (found at the Dollar Tree by a fellow consultant). Inside the box were a few hershey kisses and on top a business card.
The book turned out pretty good. It's like a wedding scrapbook, I printed out the free invites that I do for the bridal shower (it's a nice incentive for whoever is hosting that I do the invites for them. And I just did a publisher doc. and print it on cardstock.)
I'm attaching a few photos for you to check out. Sorry if they're a bit fuzzy:blushing:

Attachments

• IMG_3771.JPG
    IMG_3771.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 619
  • IMG_3772.JPG
    IMG_3772.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 650
  • IMG_3773.JPG
    IMG_3773.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 580
  • IMG_3774.JPG
    IMG_3774.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 573
  • IMG_3776.JPG
    IMG_3776.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 579
I tried to post the boxes, but it won't let me:(

And I forgot to mention, a great incentive for brides to book a cooking show a wedding shower and register is that they can use the host benefits to get her bridal party gifts free and discounted (I always showed the bbq turner with the bottle opener on it during this part because it's a great groomsmen's gift. And it can be engraved!) Great review of this product and idea by the brides.

Last edited:
I love the photos of your Wedding Scrapbook!
I think that would be a great idea to be able to incorporate at ANY booth...not just Bridal Fairs. I can't afford them, but having something like this at a booth would be really handy and attractive! I've met lots of engaged couples/brides-to-be just at a regular booth. Our standard pamphlet is very lacking (IMHO).Thanks for sharing!

Alright Kelly, I absolutely love, love the scrapbook. Would you be willing to share your "flyers" that are in your scrapbook? I love the order form one especially.

I would love to see the flyers that you do myself. I have a few that I use, but really like the idea of putting together a scrap book and doing it for everything that we offer instead of just bridal.

You all are so kind, you'll laugh when I tell you how much I spent on this scrapbook. about $2.00!! I'm a garage sale junkie and whenever I see scrapbook stuff, I buy it up and there was a wedding packet (you know the kind, has all the stuff to make some wedding pages) and I got it for 50 cents and the scrapbook was a dollar. I'm adding another 50 cents for the extra stuff I printed out from CC and I was done! I got the order form from here, I am a firm believer in never reinventing the wheel! Here's a couple of the things I put together, I think they are all publisher or word docs. I hope you can use them.

Attachments

• BridalRegisteryRewards.doc
    93.5 KB · Views: 537
  • Bridal Shower Order form.doc
    77.5 KB · Views: 781
  • Bridal Fair Book Inserts.pub
    90 KB · Views: 529
Here's a couple more...K

Attachments

• Bridal Recruiting Flyer.pub
    233.5 KB · Views: 480
  • Bridal Booklet.pub
    227 KB · Views: 504
fyi...I really need to give credit, I am sure I probably got most of the info right here from these files, I just doctored them up or changed a bit for me. Feel free to do the same:)

Would you be able to post any of those in PDF or .doc format? I don't have Publisher.

Thanks so much Kelly. This is SO awesome. I'm going to go scrounge the clearance racks for a scrapbook because I think this is great and eye catching.

Kelly, thank you SO much for this post and the pictures AND the flyers! I'm doing my first Bridal Fair tomorrow, so this comes at the perfect time. I love your booth set up!!

And to pay it forward, here are some of the publisher docs in Word and PDF. Posting the brochure in PDF doesn't help much, since it has my personal info in it--anyone wanting it would need to change it in publisher. Sorry :(

Attachments

• Bridal Binder Inserts.doc
    43 KB · Views: 722
  • Bridal Recruiting Flyer.pdf
    98.3 KB · Views: 569
citymouse said:
Kelly, thank you SO much for this post and the pictures AND the flyers! I'm doing my first Bridal Fair tomorrow, so this comes at the perfect time. I love your booth set up!!

And to pay it forward, here are some of the publisher docs in Word and PDF. Posting the brochure in PDF doesn't help much, since it has my personal info in it--anyone wanting it would need to change it in publisher. Sorry :(

I didn't see any personal info on it...

Thank you so much for all the great ideas. I have been thinking about trying to really push the bridal registry since it is wedding season in just a few short months. I am really inspired now to go for it.

OMG!! I have been doing Bridal Expos for 2 years now and this is the best info, paperwork and ideas I have seen!! You go girl!! Thank you so much. Expos here cost $375/table!! I have never thought of offering both the shower and the registry.
My concern is, if guests attend the shower and buy gifts there, who will buy off the registry? Those who do not attend? Do you think that will be enough to make the registry worth while?

:)I added a registry (the one that adds the well stocked kitchen version) and it gives a total of over $4500 in products. That tells me that there's lots of options for the guests to purchase items. And I would "bride coach" to add all of the extras I could, extra dishes, stemware, etc. I really like the expos because all of the brides (and family/friends) are really interested in all of the options, it's really a great deal, I would have done this myself when I got married if I'd known about it

Where do you find the registry with the well stocked kitchen?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE all of the ideas here. I am going to have to start checking out all of the opportunities in our area.

1. What is a bridal fair?

A bridal fair is an event where various vendors related to weddings, such as caterers, photographers, and planners, come together to showcase their products and services to engaged couples and their families.

2. How can a bridal fair help jump start my business?

Bridal fairs provide a great opportunity for businesses to gain exposure and connect with potential clients. It allows you to showcase your products and services to a targeted audience and make personal connections with potential customers.

3. How do I prepare for a bridal fair?

Preparation for a bridal fair is key. Make sure to have attractive and eye-catching displays, plenty of business cards and promotional materials, and samples or demonstrations of your products. Also, be sure to have a clear understanding of your target market and how your products or services can meet their needs.

4. What should I expect at a bridal fair?

At a bridal fair, you can expect to meet a lot of engaged couples and their families who are actively looking for products and services related to their wedding. You will have the opportunity to network with other vendors and potentially collaborate on future events. There may also be workshops or seminars offered to help you improve your business.

5. How can I stand out at a bridal fair?

To stand out at a bridal fair, focus on creating a visually appealing and interactive display that will attract potential customers. Offer special discounts or promotions for booking at the fair, and make sure to engage with every visitor who comes to your booth. Also, be sure to follow up with any leads after the fair to solidify potential business relationships.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • aPamperedBride
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
aPamperedBride
Replies