• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Wedding Registry with Incentives from Local Photographers

In summary, The photographer in the area is well-known for their weddings, and the couple was thinking of asking the photographer to give out a brochure with information on wedding registries. The couple would like to offer some incentive, like a free or discounted extra portrait, to make the photographer want to give out the flyer and make the couple want to create a registry.
ChefSteph06
I know of several photographers in my area that are well known for their weddings they do, I was thinking of visiting them to ask if they would give engaged couples the wedding registry brochure with my information. I would like to offer some incentive, like a free or discounted extra portrait (that I would pay for) if they make a wedding registry with me - to hopefully make the photographer want to give out my flyer & make the couple want to create a registry - but something not too expensive. Has anyone ever tried anything like this? Any Ideas would be great!

What a great idea!!
A former neighbor of ours is a wedding photgrapher - I should drop by and talk to him!!

I think its a great idea!!!

I have also thought about going to the hotels in the are to see if they could put a wedding registry pamphlet into their packages. The hotel I got married at had one stop shopping. I was able to get everything through them. They did not have any registry info though!!

chefkristin said:
I think its a great idea!!!

I have also thought about going to the hotels in the are to see if they could put a wedding registry pamphlet into their packages. The hotel I got married at had one stop shopping. I was able to get everything through them. They did not have any registry info though!!

That's another FABULOUS idea!!! Ohhhh...I am going to get working on this right away!!!

I would only offer the incentive when the first purchase is made on a registry. I had one registry so far with no purchases. I bought the apron & markers for her shower (non-PC, it was planned before she signed up but the MIL did take catalogs and cards for me since it was out of town). Not a SINGLE sale and the wedding is Tuesday. I don't feel as bad about the gift since it is one of my good friends, but I won't do it again until an order is placed, or unless it's a PC shower I'm demoing so I know I'll make something back.

have you had portraits done lately? We had our son's SR portraits done last fall, & spent over $1,000 not sure offering a free or discounted portrait would be cost effective. they were pricey!! I would think good photographers would run about the same prices.
Teresa

Perhaps you could find one really good and busy photographer and do a team kind of thing. They hand out your registery pamphlets to their wedding photo customers and you hand out their pamphlets to your wedding registery customers? Just an idea.

I agree with Teresa...we just had our pictures taken and a 5x7 was $60. Good photographers are pricey. Maybe offer the photographer a deal, for every registry that is set up (have a code that the couple gives you) you will give the photographer a $5 or $10 gc valid only through you.

Good point, Lisa! So many of the registries don't pan out as the outcome depends on the bride and groom promoting it and people taking the time to get online. I love the registry but for chronic procrastinators who want to show up at the event carrying their present, it is much quicker to run to the local department or super store. I would hold off on the gift until a certain amount of purchases were made or maybe tie it to a wedding shower. That way you know you have something coming from it. Probably something like a gift certificate is a little more doable.

Of course, ideal would be Katie's suggestion that you make it a mutual benefit by offering to hand out their information to brides that come your way or maybe a prize for the business that refers the most registries over a certain time period.

Good luck and let us know how it works out!

I know a wedding photographer that my hubby cuts grass for and his package starts at $1200. So, I would definitely check in to the prices before you offered to pay for a picture...

Related to Boost Your Wedding Registry with Incentives from Local Photographers

1. What type of incentives do local photographers typically offer for wedding registries?

Local photographers may offer a variety of incentives for couples who include them in their wedding registry. This could include discounted engagement photo sessions, free prints or albums, or even a discount on the cost of wedding day photography packages.

2. How can we ensure that our guests know about the incentives from local photographers?

To make sure your guests are aware of the incentives from local photographers, be sure to include information about them on your wedding website and registry. You can also mention them in the notes section of your registry items and include a link to the photographer's website for more information.

3. Do we have to choose a specific photographer to offer incentives from?

No, you can include multiple local photographers in your wedding registry and guests can choose which one they would like to contribute to. This allows for flexibility and ensures that you will receive the best deal possible.

4. Can we add incentives from local photographers to our existing registry?

Yes, you can add incentives from local photographers to your existing registry. Simply contact the photographer and ask if they offer any registry incentives, then add them to your registry items or website.

5. Are there any restrictions on using the incentives from local photographers?

Restrictions may vary depending on the photographer, but it is important to communicate with them beforehand. Some may have restrictions on the time frame in which the incentives can be used, while others may require a minimum purchase amount. It's best to clarify any restrictions with the photographer before adding their incentives to your registry.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
mrshamel3808
  • leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies