• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Fundraiser Success with this Proven Strategy

In summary, Teresa was successful in her animal rescue fundraiser by having each member act like a host and go out and collect orders. She also gave the host benefit to whomever collected the most orders.
Chef Bobby
Gold Member
I tried something that I heard in a class and it worked really well. I told the host to pass out catalogs and order forms to the members. Instead of the members just placing an order, I had each one act like a host and go out and collect orders.

What kind of group was this? Is it something you are a part of or were you invited to do a fundraiser? Does the group meet regularly so collecting orders was easy - one stop/pick up? I have toyed with various ways to promote successful fundraisers but personally always get hung up on wanting to get the bookings rather than have the members collect outside orders. Were you able to do both - orders and bookings?

This is how I always do fundraisers! It works out very well!

It was an animal rescue group. It was my first time to try it that way.

I'm confused..... then are they turned in as separate fundraisers? What is the benefit ?
I'm sure it's a great idea just not clicking with me

Teresa, you let each member of the organization collect orders like they were hosting their own show, then combine them all together into one big fundraiser when you put them into P3. ;)

Animal Rescue...I LIKE that idea!!

I'm assuming you give the host benefit to whomever collects the most orders?

ok duh! I do that too just never tell them to act as host
actually, I don't give them the option either we start off with a cooking show and they have 5 days to gather orders. sorry for misunderstanding.

Chef Bobby said:
It was an animal rescue group. It was my first time to try it that way.

My animal rescue fundraisers usually run between 1100-1300....I do several a year (I'm on a board for Rottweiler Rescue). Always amazes me that people will buy $100 in PC stuff but won't donate that tax deductible amount to the rescue directly :)

minirottie said:
My animal rescue fundraisers usually run between 1100-1300....I do several a year (I'm on a board for Rottweiler Rescue). Always amazes me that people will buy $100 in PC stuff but won't donate that tax deductible amount to the rescue directly :)

I agree. my daughter is in the high school band.. they are selling coffee at $7 a bag and want her to sell 5.... that would be $17.50 profit... I said.. can I just write the Band Boosters a check for $35 and skip the coffee. They didn't get it.....They are doing a PC fundraiser in November closing in December. Since I am on the School Board, I can't make a profit so they will get up to 34% profit. I have a full time job so I am able to do this and am hoping it leads to local bookings where I will get a full profit...... The last time I chose to do this I got a great amount of free publicity in a local newspaper, an editorial was written about my generosity, and I made friends with a family that really put life in perspective so a win win all around... (and got business contacts...)

I know these posts are not really 'current', but I think re-reading the information could prove helpful to some. I do have a question, though. I will be donating an item for the Education Foundation in our school district fundraiser. They will be having door prizes and also an auction of items. I know I can figure out a door prize item. My question is any suggestions on an item that will be auctioned? Last year my students participated in this event by making ceramic bowl, selling them and donating all the $ to the foundation; I also donated a piece of my art, which went for over $350! I was wondering which product that would not be too expensive for me to get would generate the most $ bid. I think I can ask to have the bidding start as a certain amount....maybe a little above what I have to pay for the product. Any thoughts?

byrd1956 said:
I know these posts are not really 'current', but I think re-reading the information could prove helpful to some. I do have a question, though. I will be donating an item for the Education Foundation in our school district fundraiser. They will be having door prizes and also an auction of items. I know I can figure out a door prize item. My question is any suggestions on an item that will be auctioned? Last year my students participated in this event by making ceramic bowl, selling them and donating all the $ to the foundation; I also donated a piece of my art, which went for over $350! I was wondering which product that would not be too expensive for me to get would generate the most $ bid. I think I can ask to have the bidding start as a certain amount....maybe a little above what I have to pay for the product. Any thoughts?

You never know what people will bid on something if it's for a good cause. I donated a small Mardi Gras stuffed animal to a fundraiser auction on ebay. It was probably worth $1 at the most. Someone bid over $80 for it and sent me a thank you email after getting it.

Robyn, it doesn't have to be anything super big. I did a Bamboo Square bowl with a Season's Best in Okinawa. I couldn't find fancy cellophane on or off base, so I wrapped it in saran wrap (of all things) and tied a bow around it to hold it on. The person who fought for it & won, ended up finding me at a booth later, joining my team & is the one who caused me to promote from Director to Advanced Director.The point: Just do what you have on hand or can afford to do. It's the thought that counts. And you never know what kind of a lead you might get from donating. :D

Thanks Sheila. The fundraiser I mentioned is still in the future, but I am so happy with the fundraiser I just submitted for the local chapter of Delta Kappa Gamma. It was $1335 in product sales; 2 bookings! It is indeed the best fundraiser I have even had. ;-)

Related to Boost Your Fundraiser Success with this Proven Strategy

What is the proven strategy for boosting fundraiser success?

The proven strategy for boosting fundraiser success is to offer a variety of products, provide clear and compelling information about the cause, set achievable goals, and promote the fundraiser through various channels.

How can offering a variety of products help with fundraiser success?

Offering a variety of products allows for a wider range of options for potential customers and increases the likelihood of making a sale. It also allows for different price points, catering to different budgets and preferences.

Why is it important to provide clear and compelling information about the cause?

Providing clear and compelling information about the cause helps potential customers understand the purpose and impact of the fundraiser. This can motivate them to support the cause and make a purchase.

How do achievable goals contribute to fundraiser success?

Setting achievable goals provides a sense of direction and motivation for both the organizers and participants of the fundraiser. It also helps track progress and celebrate milestones, which can further motivate and engage supporters.

What are some effective channels for promoting a fundraiser?

Some effective channels for promoting a fundraiser include social media, email marketing, word of mouth, and partnering with local businesses or organizations. Using a combination of these channels can help reach a larger audience and increase the success of the fundraiser.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
3girls
  • pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies