• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What do you give each fundraiser participant?

chefheidi2003

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2007
I am trying to organize a fundraiser to make money for a class reunion. And I am not sure what to give each participant.

I was thinking

1 Catalog
1 Mini Catalog
Several outside order forms
Guest special flyer

Is there anything that I am missing??

NooraK

Legend Member
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2008
A letter explaining the fundraiser and any details about collecting orders. And I would stick with just one type of catalog.

You might also put a sticker on the catalog that says something like "Please return all orders to ______________ no later than <a couple of days before your closing date>. Thank you for supporting <name of organization>" then each participant can write their own name on the line.

Jewel

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
I include a flyer I found on here that says something about how 70% of the catalog is under $30. Probably not that exact figure but there was something in Newswire that said the exact amount I think.

chefheidi2003

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2007
A letter explaining the fundraiser and any details about collecting orders. And I would stick with just one type of catalog.

You might also put a sticker on the catalog that says something like "Please return all orders to ______________ no later than <a couple of days before your closing date>. Thank you for supporting <name of organization>" then each participant can write their own name on the line.

Thank you..I did plan on a sticker like that..

Out of curiousity..why only 1 type of catalog??

taterbug

Mar 31, 2009
I am doing my first fundraiser, for a soccer booster club for my son's high school. I probably did way more than necessary, but the feedback I am getting from the parents is very positive; they appreciated the organization and materials.
For each participant, I made two packets (one to keep with them and one for the parent to take to work, church, etc. or just pass around).
Inside each packet I put:
*one catalog w/stickers on the front that noted the guest special and referenced the page number the item could be found on (we are doing this as a March fundraiser) and letting customers know that the organization would receive an additional $5 if they booked a show ($3 from TPC and $2 from me for a total of $5).
*ten outside order forms with the guest special printed on the back of the order form
*an envelope labeled "collected funds"
*an envelope containing online ordering instructions for them to hand out
*one of my personlized ink pens
I put a rubber band around the two packets and slid in the cover letter, outlining the details. Each packet was labeled with each participant's name on the front.
I also emailed each participant (and their parents) a link to the online ordering page.....I went through all of the search for host stuff and got to where they actually start shopping. Now they can forward that email to anyone they wish and it will avoid any confusion regarding the specific instructions for online ordering.

NooraK

Legend Member
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2008
Thank you..I did plan on a sticker like that..

Out of curiousity..why only 1 type of catalog??

Personally, I just think it keeps things simpler. There isn't anything in the mini that isn't in the big catalog. It also gives the participant the ability to say "It's my only catalog, and there are several people interested in seeing it, so please return it to me with your order ASAP."

chefheidi2003

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2007
Personally, I just think it keeps things simpler. There isn't anything in the mini that isn't in the big catalog. It also gives the participant the ability to say "It's my only catalog, and there are several people interested in seeing it, so please return it to me with your order ASAP."

Very good idea..thank you very much..

May 17, 2008
Taterbug
I like your approach, the more info the better off in the long run, how did the fundraiser show turn out? I am getting ready to set one up for my little girl's elementry school for mother's day, trying to get a grasp of what I should have prepared that sort of thing....

PamperedSD

Jun 29, 2009
I am doing my first fundraiser, for a soccer booster club for my son's high school. I probably did way more than necessary, but the feedback I am getting from the parents is very positive; they appreciated the organization and materials.
For each participant, I made two packets (one to keep with them and one for the parent to take to work, church, etc. or just pass around).
*one catalog w/stickers on the front that noted the guest special and referenced the page number the item could be found on (we are doing this as a March fundraiser) and letting customers know that the organization would receive an additional $5 if they booked a show ($3 from TPC and $2 from me for a total of $5).
*ten outside order forms with the guest special printed on the back of the order form
I put a rubber band around the two packets and slid in the cover letter, outlining the details. Each packet was labeled with each participant's name on the front.
I also emailed each participant (and their parents) a link to the online ordering page.....I went through all of the search for host stuff and got to where they actually start shopping. Now they can forward that email to anyone they wish and it will avoid any confusion regarding the specific instructions for online ordering.

Taterbug - I know this is an old post but how did your fundraiser go after all that hard work?

yankfan24

Gold Member
May 13, 2010

How did this turn out? what worked well? What would you do differently? Any other suggestions?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
MicheleATX
Replies
Views
Hillary
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
Replies
Views