• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Conference Experience with Tips from My Awesome Director!

In summary, my director had a conference all we me and one of the other consultants in our cluster - We are both Conference virgins. She made us a great binder with pre-conference goal setting - a tab for each workshop with a a workshop recap page. She gave of lots of tips on which ribbons to look for to ask for tips. She said Burgundy is TPC - Also that it usually says which catagory Yello is speakers. We will have pink ribbons since we are Futures. I don't know that I have any amazing tips to share. One things I thought was cool is she encouraged me to meet with my cheffer friends since I rarely get to see them. She really encouraged getting out
Kathytnt
My director had a conference all we me and one of the other consultants in our cluster - We are both Conference virgins

She made us a great binder with pre-conference goal setting - a tab for each workshop with a a workshop recap page

Gave of lots of tips on which ribbons to look for to ask for tips

She said Burgundy is TPC - Also that it usually says which catagory Yello is speakers. We will have pink ribbons since we are Futures

I don't know that I have any amazing tips to share

One things I thought was cool is she encouraged me to meet with my cheffer friends since I rarely get to see them. She really encouraged getting out of our comfort zone and hanging with our cluster and instead talking with other consultants to get tips and network.

She encouraged me to go to the Cheffer meeting on Monday night over the cluster getting together. After all we will be having dinner together most likely at the banquet the next night.

Just wanted to sing the praises of my Director, Lorlee Clark and Advanced Director Leigh Ann Johnson. They are my upline between me and nancy Jo Ryan

It's great to have a good director isn't it? Though I think mine's the best;) She always does up great binders for us too, with paper & pens & goal setting sheets.

I like that the spine has the conference info and year so it will be esay to refer back to later.

That's very cool!
My director emailed me the Conference Binder, but I'm not going w/ her :( She was in Wave 1.
But, I plan on doing the binder and paper for myself.
Any tips for a virgin goer?

yeah Melissa, but you are going with the VERY best director!

Hopefully we can meet at our wave Think about what your goals will be post conference Then ask everyone for thier tips on that topic.

Where are you weak - What do you want to improve on

The ribbons are helpful because then you know who is TPC in a catagory where your want to improve.

I am a newbie but I have heard there are ribbons and buttons for different things

If this is true this year I should get a ribbon as a Future Director and a pin or button for first timer at conference and $15K in sales during the TPC year

Not sure if I qualified for anything else

Leave some space in your suitcase because you might buy thing as souvenirs, you will probably get the new RUFTH trivet and other trinkets while on the trip

Be sure to ask Ann on the Wave 3 loop about getting a copy of other Cheffers from Wave 3 if you want to attend the meet up or just catch up

Chozengirl said:
That's very cool!
My director emailed me the Conference Binder, but I'm not going w/ her :( She was in Wave 1.
But, I plan on doing the binder and paper for myself.
Any tips for a virgin goer?

This was my first conference and it was great! My tip... talk to strangers! After a few minutes most of them (at least the ones that will talk with you) will become friends. I was in line for the 7a HO tour on Monday and was supposed to meet up with a gal from my cluster. We never did find each other and I ended up talking with someone behind me that was on her own as well. We ended up spending much of the day together and I ended up with a really fun new friend (who only lives about 1.5 hours from me AND has the same NED!!!). We also found two people in front of us in line and started talking with them and the four of us had a great time! If you are with clustermates at workshops, try not to sit with all of them. Get to your room early (if possible) and sit with someone who appears to be by themselves and start talking. "Where are you from?", "How long have you been with PC?" and "What workshop do you have next/did you just have?" are some of the most popular conversation starters at conference. If you are not comfortable with that, take one or two other clustermate with you at meals and sit at a table with people you don't know. You will learn so much more and hopefully end up with a new friend or two like I did!
Oh, and make sure you wear your Chef Success button and keep on the lookout for others with them as well!
Have a great time!!!

Now Katie - You know our momma's told us not to talk to stranger - Of course if it's a Cheffer we should embrace our strangeness!! Why be normal

Except that other consultants at Conference aren't really strangers. We're all united by our PC businesses. :)

I was just kidding of course - I love this business and I love the Cheffers

Kathy- I didn't mean to imply that you weren't kidding. My post was also meant to be in a light-hearted tone.If you can't talk to just about anyone you end up next to at conference, then either you or they are in the wrong place!

LOL - All the consultants I have met either on CS or elsewhere have been great!

ShanaSmith said:
yeah Melissa, but you are going with the VERY best director!
Can not argue w/ that one Shana!!!!!!!!
Thank you everyone else. You are doing great at calming my nerves!
Keep it up ;) :D

What are some tips for maximizing my conference experience?

Some tips for maximizing your conference experience include: networking with other attendees, attending workshops and seminars, setting specific goals for what you want to learn or achieve, and taking advantage of any resources or materials provided by the conference.

How can I make the most of my time at the conference?

To make the most of your time at the conference, you should prioritize your schedule and focus on attending sessions or events that align with your goals. It can also be helpful to take notes and actively participate in discussions to fully engage with the material being presented.

What are some common mistakes people make at conferences?

Some common mistakes people make at conferences include not planning ahead and missing out on important sessions or events, not networking and making connections with other attendees, and not taking advantage of all the resources and opportunities available.

How can I connect with my director at the conference?

You can connect with your director at the conference by attending any sessions or events they are hosting or speaking at, reaching out to them during breaks or networking events, and scheduling a one-on-one meeting if possible.

What can I do to stand out at the conference?

To stand out at the conference, you can actively participate in discussions and ask thoughtful questions during sessions, dress professionally and make a good first impression, and follow up with any new connections or contacts you make during the conference.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
imported_heat123
Replies
Views
EpTxGuy
  • Becky0216
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
legacypc46