• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Business with Disciplined Phone Calls - Overcoming Procrastination

However, the key to overcoming this is discipline. Even if you don't feel like starting, you must push yourself and get into the mindset that your dreams are depending on you to take action now. By immediately making the first call and gaining momentum, you will feel a sense of accomplishment and motivation. Procrastination leads to guilt and drains your energy, making you unproductive. Instead, focus and be disciplined. As the saying goes, "You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great." A recent challenge from your director to make 5 contacts a day resulted in over 20 calls and multiple bookings for catalog and cooking shows. This re-energized you
crissy11
Gold Member
I think you would agree with me, the best way to move your business forward is by making phone calls. You need to call potential customers.... But often times you sit and stare at the phone—you procrastinate and think of the 537 other things you’d like to be doing right now (and making phone calls is not one of them).

So what’s the problem? How do you overcome this? With discipline. Discipline must rule your life when you don’t feel like starting. Get into a mindset that will help motivate you to start. For example, would you make five business calls right now if you knew your life depended on it? I venture to say you would, and without hesitation. Do you realize your dreams are depending on you to be disciplined to start taking action right now? Don’t wait!

There is a cycle you will continually find yourself going through when you don’t want to do something. For example, let’s take phone calls. You have a one hour block of time and you have 15 business phone calls you need to make—but you don’t feel like making them. It’s crucial, at this point, for you to immediately pick up the phone and get the first call made. Then move on to the second and third calls. By doing this, you will find you’ll gain momentum. Your enthusiasm will start to increase, as will your level of excitement. Even though you may not get the responses you were hoping to get, you feel good.

Why is that? Why do you feel good, even though you are hearing a lot of no’s? It’s because you made yourself work your plan and now you feel a sense of accomplishment because you are doing what you need to do—you’re resisting the temptation to procrastinate.

When you put something off that needs to be done, what feeling always comes over you? Guilt. Guilt will emotionally drain you, which makes you totally unproductive. It occupies your mind and can often times lead you down a path of feeling depressed.

You have your daily action plan and you know what needs to be done. Do it right now, even if you don’t feel like it. Do it right now, even though your favorite television show is on. Do it right now, even though the 537 other things are calling your name. Focus and be disciplined. You will find excitement and motivation once you start—and you may feel so energized you’ll end up spending two hours making calls instead of just one!

“You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.”

Thanks for that kick in the behind!

Needed that also. I made OOB calls last night. My director just gave us a 21 day challenge to make 5 contacts a day. Maybe hard this weekend, my hubby and I are going away for our 23rd anniversary.

Ann R.

I procrastinate quite a bit!! I come up with the craziest excuses at time. I have to tell you that we recently issued a challenge to our teams (I pair up with a couple other directors for cluster meetings). The 3 directors also decided to be part of the challenge. That TOTALLY got my butt in gear. I made well over 20 calls yesterday. About half I left messages for, but had really good results with the others. Just from those calls yesterday, I booked three catalog shows (2 for Oct, 1 for Nov), am waiting to hear back regarding a Cooking Show date for Nov, am sending out at four new catalogs because they want to look at them and then decide if they want to do a fall show and a couple booking leads for early next year! I would have had NONE of those if I didn't get on the phone and dedicate some time to calls. That felt SOOOO good to get on the phone like that. I need to remember that when I procrastinate next time. I kept track of it all too, so it's kind of fun to look at Tuesday the 2nd in my planner and see this huge list of names of all the people I called.

I love the results from it so far, but I mostly like how it re-energized me. I highly suggest it!!! Maybe people can do similar things and post their results....it may encourage some of us out there who'd rather do 537 other things to JUST DO IT!!:D

Wow
crissy11 said:
I think you would agree with me, the best way to move your business forward is by making phone calls. You need to call potential customers.... But often times you sit and stare at the phone—you procrastinate and think of the 537 other things you’d like to be doing right now (and making phone calls is not one of them).

So what’s the problem? How do you overcome this? With discipline. Discipline must rule your life when you don’t feel like starting. Get into a mindset that will help motivate you to start. For example, would you make five business calls right now if you knew your life depended on it? I venture to say you would, and without hesitation. Do you realize your dreams are depending on you to be disciplined to start taking action right now? Don’t wait!

There is a cycle you will continually find yourself going through when you don’t want to do something. For example, let’s take phone calls. You have a one hour block of time and you have 15 business phone calls you need to make—but you don’t feel like making them. It’s crucial, at this point, for you to immediately pick up the phone and get the first call made. Then move on to the second and third calls. By doing this, you will find you’ll gain momentum. Your enthusiasm will start to increase, as will your level of excitement. Even though you may not get the responses you were hoping to get, you feel good.

Why is that? Why do you feel good, even though you are hearing a lot of no’s? It’s because you made yourself work your plan and now you feel a sense of accomplishment because you are doing what you need to do—you’re resisting the temptation to procrastinate.

When you put something off that needs to be done, what feeling always comes over you? Guilt. Guilt will emotionally drain you, which makes you totally unproductive. It occupies your mind and can often times lead you down a path of feeling depressed.

You have your daily action plan and you know what needs to be done. Do it right now, even if you don’t feel like it. Do it right now, even though your favorite television show is on. Do it right now, even though the 537 other things are calling your name. Focus and be disciplined. You will find excitement and motivation once you start—and you may feel so energized you’ll end up spending two hours making calls instead of just one!

“You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.”
O My goodness! You don't know how bad I needed to hear this. I feel like you were talking to me. I'm the queen of guilt,and it is emotionally draining. I am going to pick the phone up and make my calls. Thank you for the kick I needed. :D

No Karen, I think she was talking to me. LOL

Made one this afternoon, got a october catty party. WAHOOO>>

I made phone calls last night, before I even saw this post this morning. I made 11 calls and booked one show for November and left 6 message. The others said, no thank, but they love receiving my newsletter.

That was pretty cool! I will make more on Sunday evening.:)

vwpamperedchef said:
No Karen, I think she was talking to me. LOL

Made one this afternoon, got a october catty party. WAHOOO>>

LOL Whatever works:) I also made a few calls, Left messages. Hopefully I will get a few call backs.
Congrats on the catty show.:D

1. How do I start making phone calls as a Pampered Chef consultant?

To start making phone calls as a Pampered Chef consultant, you need to have a list of potential customers or hosts. This can include family, friends, acquaintances, and even people you meet at events or through networking. You can also use social media to reach a larger audience. Once you have a list, you can start making calls to introduce yourself and your business.

2. What should I say when making phone calls as a Pampered Chef consultant?

When making phone calls, it's important to have a script or outline of what you want to say. Start by introducing yourself and your business, and then ask if the person is interested in hearing more about Pampered Chef products or hosting a party. Be friendly, enthusiastic, and genuine. Remember to also mention any current promotions or specials to entice potential customers or hosts.

3. How can I make my phone calls more effective as a Pampered Chef consultant?

To make your phone calls more effective, it's important to be prepared and organized. Have a list of potential customers or hosts ready, along with any information or materials you may need to share. It's also helpful to have a goal in mind for each call, whether it's to schedule a party or make a sale. Be confident, polite, and professional during your calls.

4. What should I do if someone says no during a phone call as a Pampered Chef consultant?

It's important to remember that not everyone will be interested in Pampered Chef products or hosting a party. If someone says no, thank them for their time and ask if they know anyone who may be interested. You can also offer to send them more information or keep them updated on future promotions or specials. Stay positive and don't take rejection personally.

5. Can I make phone calls as a Pampered Chef consultant using my personal phone number?

While you can use your personal phone number to make calls as a Pampered Chef consultant, it's recommended to use a separate business phone number. This will help to maintain a professional image and also keep your personal and business calls separate. You can easily set up a separate phone number through a virtual phone service or use a work phone provided by Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tinawhite07
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • scottcooks
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • Rosebud