• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Business with a Salon Show at Salon Pompeo: Tips and Ideas

I think it's a great idea, but I don't think it would be a good idea to do it on a busy day. People will be in a hurry and they won't have time to try everything out.
chefann
Gold Member
Good morning, everyone!

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere on this forum, but I'm feeling lazy this morning and don't want to search for it.

Last night, while getting my hair done, the receptionist, Carlo, (who I believe is also the salon owner) came over and mentioned that his wife had a couple of questions for 'the Pampered Chef lady' and was I still doing it? Of course, I told him yes, and I'd be happy to answer her questions. When his wife came in, she was waiting for my stylist to finish with me and I gave her a mini catalog, since that's what I had in my purse. (note: I did get a full catalog out of the car for her when I was done.) As everyone was chatting, etc., Carlo came back and mentioned that if I wanted to do a show there in the salon that would be fine with him. It could be on a slow night (Mon-Wed) or on a busier day.

So I've been thinking about this and getting very excited about it. All the stylists and nail techs could invite their friends and clients, all the clients who would be there for services that day would see me, and anyone there for me would be a potential new client for the salon - so everybody wins!

Has anyone done this type of show and how did it work out for you? I did figure out a couple of things already:
  1. Any demo would have to be no-bake/no-cook. It's a salon after all, and if anything, they've only got a microwave for employee lunches.
  2. An open-house type set up would be the most effective. With no formal demo, people can check things out, play with tools, ask questions and place orders.
  3. The best choice for host would be either Carlo and his wife or a Mystery Host. OR I could track each stylist's guest's orders and give them each their own show if they had enough in sales.

What are your opinions on this opportunity?

BTW, if any of you live in Dallas and are looking for a fantastic stylist, I highly recommend mine. Yes, I know that I'm in Detroit, but Eddie now lives and works in Dallas. He travels to Detroit every 6 weeks to take care of his regular clients up here. Anyhoo, in Dallas he can be found at Salon Pompeo; in Detroit, he's at Salon Bruno in Southfield.

I think this is a great idea especially as an open house without a formal demo. I like either carlo or each stylist being the hosts. You could do a dip & sip party. I know there is a word document in the files section that has a bunch of the dip recipes put together.

Thanks, that's kind of what I was thinking of. Dip recipes are so versatile, and I can even do a dessert dip or 2. I do know they have a coffeemaker, so I can make a pot or 2 of Good Company coffee.

The more I think about it, the more I think I'm going to set up a date, probably on one of the nights I don't usually reserve for shows, so that it's an "extra" for the month. :)

I have done this 3 times with my stylists(owner), unfortunately they never turned out to be good, even on a busy day. I even had food there (no demo). I hope yours works better for you.

Hi there! It's great to hear about your potential opportunity to do a show at the salon. I have done similar shows in the past and they have been very successful. I agree with your ideas about having a no-bake/no-cook demo and an open-house set up. This will allow people to see and try out the products without being too disruptive to the salon atmosphere. As for the host, I think either Carlo and his wife or a Mystery Host would be great options. It's always helpful to have a personal connection to the host, so Carlo and his wife would be a good choice. However, a Mystery Host can also generate excitement and encourage more people to attend. Whichever option you choose, make sure to track each stylist's guests' orders and give them credit for their own show if they have enough sales. As for your stylist, thank you for the recommendation! I will definitely keep him in mind if I am ever in Dallas. Best of luck with your show at the salon!

Related to Boost Your Business with a Salon Show at Salon Pompeo: Tips and Ideas

What is a salon show and how can it benefit my business?

A salon show is a partnership between Pampered Chef and Salon Pompeo, where you can showcase and sell our products to the salon's clients. It's a great way to reach a new audience and increase your sales.

How do I book a salon show at Salon Pompeo?

You can book a salon show by contacting your Pampered Chef consultant or reaching out to Salon Pompeo directly. Make sure to plan ahead and schedule the show at least a few weeks in advance.

What are some tips for a successful salon show?

First, make sure to promote the show to your existing customers and on your social media channels. Bring plenty of product samples and have your consultant on hand to answer any questions. Lastly, offer special discounts or promotions to incentivize sales.

Can I customize the salon show to fit my business needs?

Absolutely! You can work with your consultant and the salon to tailor the show to your specific business goals. This can include featuring specific products or offering themed demonstrations.

Are there any costs associated with hosting a salon show at Salon Pompeo?

There is no cost to book a salon show at Salon Pompeo. However, you may need to cover any travel expenses for you and your consultant, as well as the cost of product samples and promotional materials.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCwithStay-C
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PCwithStay-C
  • cewcooks
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • AlowayFamily