• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do I Plan a Salon Show with Multiple Hosts and Door Prizes?

In summary, a new member on a hosting website asks for opinions on hosting a show in a hair salon, either for just the staff or for customers as well. They also ask for advice on invitations, food, and door prizes. Suggestions are given for having multiple hosts, pre-making food, and ordering door prizes on the supply order form. The conversation also includes ideas for door prizes and the potential for a mega show with each owner hosting their own party. The member is encouraged to call for further help and decides on having three separate hosts and giving out hold'n'slice and mini whisk door prizes.
PCwithStay-C
Hi
Im a newbie on here and wanted to get some opinions on a show I will be hosting in Aug.

My hairdresser wants to host a show in her salon. Right now were trying to decide if its going to be just staff (theres about 13 of them!) or if we do it as a customer thing as well?

I just wondered if anyone had done something like this before and how I should go about it. I have some sepcific questions so Ill post those but I would really appreciate any ideas :)

- how do you go about doing invites? Could I just leave flyers/pamphlets at the salon and let customers take them? Then how would I go about finding out how many people would be there?

- should I just premake the food and bring it ready to go? Then just set up a table with all my tools on it, the recipe cards and what not?

- How would you handle the host situation for this? The salon itself is owned by 3 seperate people, and they all want to do this. Can I have 3 hosts for a show? How do I go about doing that?

- What are some good ideas for door prizes and how do you go about doing that? Do I have the prizes there or add them to the order for the show? What are some good (but inexpensive) ideas for door prizes?

OK I know I will have more questions, but that is all I can think of at midnite!!

Thanks so much for anyones input.

You can only have 2 hosts.

You could treat this as a "mega show". Have each owner invite people to the show. Have outside-order-forms in 3 different colors - one for each owner. The owners would make sure that their "guests" get the right forms. You would do it as 3 different shows in PP3 one for each owner.

Make sure the owners get outside orders during the week of the show from customers that won't be able to make it to the show to help it be a success.

You can order door prizes on the supply order form and it is much cheaper. You can also ask your director for help with door prizes. Mine loaned me some for my 1st show and then I paid her back when my order arrived.

For door prizes you can get a couple of hold n slices since they look like a hair pic!!! Thought that would be cute! Or, the mini whippers to mix the hair coloring solution or bleach? Good luck and let us know how it goes!

STACEY!!!!

I'm so glad to see you on here. Its such an awesome website with TONS of help and ideas!

I think if the owners want to do it, you should include the customers, it just has the potential to bring in more sales than if it was just for staff and their guests. Plus I think their customers would like the opportunity for a "Customer Appreciation" type thing.

I like the idea of having it as a mega show with each host having their own "party". Or if they want you can do one each month or something and have the host be different each time.

Depending on the amoutn of people that would come (and if you leave invites there just have them RSVP to the salon beforehand so you can get a count), you can do a demo, but if its alot of people I would just make it beforehand and then you could just explain the tools and the benefits of each one while everyone is there tasting everything.

Feel free to call me anytime with your questions, You dont have to ask if you can call! :) Good luck girl! I know you will do great!

BLAH!! I hate my computer!! I had a nice long reply and now its gone :(

OK so again :) Thanks for everyones Ideas. I am going to try and meet with our hairdresser on Monday to discuss all the ideas with her and decide on a definate date.
Here is what I am going to go with.

Hosts: I am going to suggest the 3 seperate hosts, especially since they all have their own clients and friends I think that is the way to go. Im hoping they do it as a customer appreciation type thing too.

Door Prizes: I ordered the hold'n'slice and the mini whisks which Im going to put in clear goody bags and put little hair clips to close them, plus a little certificate for an extra $25 off their order if they host a show (can I do that?). I ordered 4 sets, I figure the show will be about 2-3hrs so one door prize every 30-45mins.

Demo: I think I will just set a time to do the demo. Like if we start the show at 6pm Ill say on the invites that we will be doing a demo at 6:30pm. Then people will know if they want to see the demo. Plus Im going to try and set up 'stations' with each pre made dish and the tools used to make it (dont know if I have enough tools yet!?!?!)

Invites/Flyers: I made an attempt at doing some last nite. I have to work on them abit more. I think Ill make them postcard size, so they can leave them on the front desk. Also Im going to ask the guy who works the front desk (who Im so lucky, is the guitarist in Hubbys band, and a good friend :D ) to hand them out with customers receipts.

So that is where Im going as of right now. Ill know more about what Im doing once I talk to our hairdresser on Mon.

Thanks again for everyones ideas and help :D

Hey Laurie, love this site :) I think Ill be on here as much as SP :D

Attachments

• salon invite.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 308
For a recipe, You could do a dessert or a pizza with a prebaked crust. There are a few around. A brownie pizza is always a hit and it will feed a big crowd. You could also do the cllosal chopped salad. That also feeds a lot of people. If you do not have all the tools you need you can always borrow from your director or fellow cluster mates. I am sure they will want to help you have the most success ful show possible! Good Luck!

Oh wow! I would TOTALLY go with the "mega show" idea!! You could really rack up the PC dollars if you could get THREE shows out of one night!!!! Talk it up to them that they EACH could benefit from the Host Rewards program!!

As for doing an actual demo - do it!!!!! I did an "open house" type show for my first and it didn't bring in nearly as much as my past shows for other consultants did. People like a show.

As for the invites - you can go to www.vistaprint.com and get some FREE ones made up! You have to pay shipping, but it's minimal and the products look great!!

Good luck!

I decided one day that I had been going to my hairdresser for a few years. It wasn't a show like you are describing but what I made was the Tomato Basil Squares. I just made them in already made. I have done a couple office shows and say that the Banana Split Brownie Sundae Pizza or similiar type pizzas are great do the crust ahead of time. Have the majority of items cut ahead of time and just finish it off. They may not have the time for a full demo of a recipe but you always talk about anything you used in any recipe with out actually showing it.

Mego show as a great idea with the order forms in different colors. You can always combine it if it doesn't work out for 3 shows but if they are all game then you will have 3 shows in one day - isn't that GREAT!!!

Good luck!

I did a show at a salon last month. It was after hours and I did it as an open house (no demo) I set up a few products on a couple of tables and I brought a few things for people to chop, grate etc. so people could try products. IU talked to people individually and took orders. I also made Strawberry Amaretto Pastries (way too many, actually). The host did the invites she sent them to her family and friends and then had a few leftover for customers. It was a really good show, actually and shes planning on another one! If you have any other questions that I did not answer let me know! I had a lot of fun doing it this way and have offered the open house style to other hosts as well.

Will the health code permit you to make and serve food (especuially if it includes customers not just the staff) ??

So what is the brownie pizza? I think I have picked out what I will do, but this caught my interest :) I cant bake at the show, but if its something I can do before hand and bring along that would be great.

I am going to do the Strawberry Amarettos as my demo. I will have to prebake the pastry but will do the rest at the salon. I will make a couple of batches of the Artichoke cups to bring with me. And then Im thinking I should do one more thing. Thats why I was curious about the brownie pizza.

Unfortunately I cant borrow from anyone :( I dont live near anyone from my cluster group. But I will figure something out :) Im good at that!!

They actually held a big party there when the salon opened about 18mths ago with food and alcohol. They had to have a permit for the alcohol but not the food. I will remember to double check with her tomorrow when I talk with her.

OK, Im getting really excited about this show now. I redid the invites tonite. Make them a little more easily readable. Plus they are small enough to keep on the counter and hand to customers.

Thanks for everyones great ideas.

Attachments

• postcard salon invites.doc
    35 KB · Views: 366
  • postcard salon invites back.doc
    23.5 KB · Views: 234
You should be able to find the brownie or cookie pizza recipe at http://joycesfinecooking.com/pamperedchefs.htm .

Thanks Tasha

PCwithStay-C said:
Door Prizes: I ordered the hold'n'slice and the mini whisks which Im going to put in clear goody bags and put little hair clips to close them, plus a little certificate for an extra $25 off their order if they host a show (can I do that?). I ordered 4 sets, I figure the show will be about 2-3hrs so one door prize every 30-45mins.

Close your bags with twix-it clips. I use them to hold my hair up all the time. People always notice and comment on them!

--Jenny L

jlevernier said:
Close your bags with twix-it clips. I use them to hold my hair up all the time. People always notice and comment on them!

That is so cute :) Might have to do that!!

jlevernier said:

--Jenny L

That is so cute :) I might have to do that!!

Stacey - I'm so sorry you arent able to borrow anything from me! But I know how resilient you are and how you will figure something out! We need to get you set up with a hospitality cluster up there so you can get some great support from fellow pc'ers in that area. Anyways, your invites look good and it looks like you are on a great start! make sure you practice those amoretto pastries alot before hand, just so you can get the feel for the demo ... and make sure you let me know about the meeting!

I own a salon. My director actually made a German Chocolate Cake in the Stoneware Fluted pan in the Microwave (approx 15 min). She brought the ingredients in the Batter bowls, prep bowls, etc. and basically just mixed it and cooked it in the microwave. It was pretty awesome. Obviously, I am a consultant now! I can get the info if you would like that recipe.

Thanks Laurie, I know youd let me borrow stuff, just wish we were closer :)
I definately have to try those pastries this week cause Im doing them for my show on Sunday.
Well I completely screwed up on the meeting today. Thats what I get for writing things from memory and not confirming!! Our hairdresser in in Jamiaca till tomorrow, so Im gonna call the salon on Wed and see if she minds meeting me after work. Hopefully we can get the ball rolling. I really want to do this thing before we head on our vaca!!

I dont have the fluted pan is the only problem. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and buy one!! Seems like I may get some serious use out of it.

I use mine a lot, because it fits in most microwaves. I love your invites by the way.

when do you go on vacation? is that when youa re going to florida to look at houses? you will have to let me know so we can meet up! i would love to meet you for a bit!!!!

OK I just have to convince DH to let me spend his money on one :pThanks on the invites :)Laurie, we will be leaving on the 18th to head to Florida for some more house hunting, and were driving, so well probably be by you on Sun the 19th. I definately want to stop in if you guys will be around. This trip will be a little less chaotic than the last one so we will have time to stop on the way down.
I will let you know when it gets a little closer and we can organise something.

If you have the Rice Cooker Plus, you can do a molten chocolate lava cake in it. I served it at a dinner party and had a guest order one to do the same! PM me if you need more info! Make sure you have parchment paper if you do the brownie pizza. (Store brands are OK if you don't have PC's). Another show idea is this: have the ingredients on hand to make a few of the Power Cooking recipes. You can serve the Chicken Ceasar Salad if you want to cook the chicken beforehand, and you can start by doing the lettuce in the Salad Spinner. If you didn't earn it free and have the rice cooker, do the Teriyaki Chicken ahead of time and make rice in the microwave while there. Once they are eating the food, you can assemble another of the same meal while they watch, so they see the answer to the age-old question "Does the garlic press really work?" (I'm amazed how many people have bought other garlic presses that they hate. They always buy a PC one after seeing it in action.) I assembled Teriyaki Chicke and Chicken Ceasar Salad power cooking recipes at an Open House last weekend and everyone was impressed (I was fixing dinner while they gabbed!)

aPamperedBride ... could you send me some info on how that show went for you? I'm planning on making those two recipes for a power cooking demo and would love all the help I could get ... my email address is [email protected] Thanks!

Stacey - yeah, we will have to organize something when it gets closer ..we are usually home in the afternoon on sundays, after church. If its right after church that your going to be here, we can meet in savannah, thats where I go to church and you wont have to drive far off the interstate! Good luck with your calls tomorrow .. .I"m gonna try to make esome myself!

Pampering Pool at partyThanks again for everyones advice on this, as a newbie I really appreciate all the support :)

I have one other question. I was thinking of doing the Pampered Pool Game at the party. If I did could I split the winnings. I was thinking of doing half for PC and half for the salon. Does that make sense?

Related to How Do I Plan a Salon Show with Multiple Hosts and Door Prizes?

1. How can I come up with a creative theme for my Pampered Chef show?

One way to come up with a theme for your show is to think about the season or holiday. For example, a "Summer BBQ" theme could feature grilling tools and recipes perfect for summer gatherings. You can also consider hosting a themed show based on a specific product line, such as "Baking Bonanza" for showcasing Pampered Chef's baking products.

2. Can I customize my Pampered Chef show to fit my guests' preferences?

Absolutely! As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the flexibility to personalize your show to cater to your guests' interests and needs. You can ask them beforehand if they have any specific kitchen goals or dietary restrictions so you can tailor the show accordingly.

3. What are some unique ways to make my Pampered Chef show more interactive?

Consider incorporating games or challenges into your show to keep your guests engaged and entertained. You can also encourage them to participate in product demonstrations or try out some of the recipes themselves. Additionally, you can offer prizes or giveaways to add an element of excitement.

4. How can I make my Pampered Chef show stand out from other direct sales parties?

One way to make your show unique is to offer exclusive deals or discounts for attendees. You can also differentiate yourself by providing hands-on experiences, such as letting guests try out the products or hosting a cooking demo. Additionally, personalized touches like handwritten invitations or thank you notes can make your show more memorable.

5. Can I get support from Pampered Chef for my show?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers various resources and support for consultants hosting shows. You can access training materials, marketing materials, and tips for hosting successful shows on the consultant portal. You can also reach out to your upline or the Pampered Chef customer service team for additional assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • VAGirlChef