• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Door Prize(S) Idea for a First Show

In summary, a good idea for a show drawing prize at a first show would be a garlic press, whisk, mix-n-scraper, measuring cup, or Mini-serving spatula.
esavvymom
Staff member
What would be a good idea for a show drawing prize at my first show? I've only got my basic kit, and that was just a few days ago...so I didn't have enough time to order any show door prizes from PC (nor did I know how to!).So what can I do instead for a door prize drawing that doesn't cost me much?
Do you do the really inexpensive kinds of things or more value? (about how much do you average your prizes for the drawings?)I could probably do either the garlic press ($16), the whisk ($12.50), mix-n-scraper ($13.50), the Measure-all cup ($9.50), or the Mini-serving spatula ($4.00). THese are the items from my kit that I have already in my kitchen, and that I have not used...so they'd be new. The problem is, I have already opened them and washed them (but not used). :( DARN! Wish I had thought about that two days ago. I could also give my Season's Best, and then just order a new one with my supply order next week.Any ideas/suggestions? The less money I have to give up, the better. OH, and there are currently only 5 people confirmed coming.

you can always give them free shipping on their order :)

chefmoseley said:
you can always give them free shipping on their order :)

How do I do that? Do I just not add in the shipping on their order form, and then just calculate the sales tax on their product only? Then I cover the extra shipping charge?

Sorry- I've not done any of this yet or seen it done. I'm hoping to hook up with a local group next week to get the visual guidance in things like this, but until then, I'm kind of winging it as best I can until I can talk to my upline.

I wouldn't give away anything so expensive! You can give away a Seasons Best (SB) by adding it to the hosts order (order one for her, and one for your prize) and pay for it as a "consultant gift" when you choose her payment - you can put in more than one payemnt, so she pays for her order, and you pay the $2 ish for the SBs (you get her discount on them, but still pay tax).

And when you do order gifts, you can order the 10 packs of SBs, also packs of citrus peelers and twixits. I keep my gifts inexpensive, most people are happy to win anything at all :). There are a few things for under $4, if you do want to go higher - the quick-cut paring knives are also very cheap.

I have a basket of several things like Annie mentioned - citrus peelers, twixits, spice sample packs, scrapers, and a few quickut paring knives - which I know doesn't help you at all for this show! But what I give away for my winner of "Queen of the Shoppers" and "Ugly [fill in the blank]" contest might: I made a gift certificate that gives the winner of a choice of (1) Season's Best added to their order (2) free shipping on order of $60 or more (3) free cooking show (I provide the ingredients, plates, etc) for a cooking show scheduled that evening.For little prizes throughout the evening ("Flying Fingers" product finders, "Vanna of the Moment" (do the Vanna White/Barker's Beauties wave of a product, asking a question about my job) I've found the Hershey's Treasures work great - bigger than a Kiss, but smaller than a Fun Size bar... and it's chocolate!

I would not give out those higher priced items either. You are just starting out,and if you give great gifts from the start, your guests/hosts will expect it at future shows as well. Make some money before you spend so much - even if it was "free".

I love the chocolate idea. And the spice samples. My "brought a friend" gift basket is full of $ store items like notepads, recipe cards (blank), etc. It does not have to be a PC item. I try to keep everything kitchen related.

Season's Best are simple and well loved. Free shipping to many people is enough to get their attention. Also if you have a business card and want to get bookings try having them write down the time they decided to book a party. The earliest one wins, you can get them something under $15, but make them wait until they have the party and get enough orders. When you turn in that order you order it under the host after all her other items so that you get it for much less than you would have paid.

esavvymom said:
What would be a good idea for a show drawing prize at my first show? I've only got my basic kit, and that was just a few days ago...so I didn't have enough time to order any show door prizes from PC (nor did I know how to!).

So what can I do instead for a door prize drawing that doesn't cost me much?
Do you do the really inexpensive kinds of things or more value? (about how much do you average your prizes for the drawings?)

I could probably do either the garlic press ($16), the whisk ($12.50), mix-n-scraper ($13.50), the Measure-all cup ($9.50), or the Mini-serving spatula ($4.00). THese are the items from my kit that I have already in my kitchen, and that I have not used...so they'd be new. The problem is, I have already opened them and washed them (but not used). :( DARN! Wish I had thought about that two days ago. I could also give my Season's Best, and then just order a new one with my supply order next week.

Any ideas/suggestions? The less money I have to give up, the better. OH, and there are currently only 5 people confirmed coming.

I would never give away any of my expensive items(Garlic Press).This has worked for me....the Season's Best Cookbook! Everybody loves 'em & they are inexpensive.Door prizes are great, but concentrate mainly on your presentation.
BTW, you can give out the one(SB...that came with your kit & order more with your supply order 10 for $6.00)just make copies of the recipies that you need to hold you over until your supply order comes in.

I agree with the above - your kit products are too expensive to use as prizes. Keep them! If you don't have time to get a supply order you can use kitchen-related items from elsewhere. My upline uses cute things from the dollar store or the dollar spot at Target, like recipe cards, candles, etc. Personally, I like to offer free shipping as my door prize. It has, over the years, encouraged people to order who won and hadn't been planning to order anything. Just charge tax on the product amount, then you cover the $4.25 (plus tax, if applicable) and mark that amount as payment type consultant gift. You'll need to cover it when you submit the order to HO, so make sure you've got that $5 in your account or put it on a credit card (however you pay for the show).

chefann said:
I agree with the above - your kit products are too expensive to use as prizes. Keep them! If you don't have time to get a supply order you can use kitchen-related items from elsewhere. My upline uses cute things from the dollar store or the dollar spot at Target, like recipe cards, candles, etc. Personally, I like to offer free shipping as my door prize. It has, over the years, encouraged people to order who won and hadn't been planning to order anything. Just charge tax on the product amount, then you cover the $4.25 (plus tax, if applicable) and mark that amount as payment type consultant gift. You'll need to cover it when you submit the order to HO, so make sure you've got that $5 in your account or put it on a credit card (however you pay for the show).

Thanks for the specifics on how to do the free shipping.

And thanks for all of the other great ideas! Definitely will use them.

1. What are some affordable door prize ideas for a first Pampered Chef show?

Some affordable door prize ideas for a first Pampered Chef show could include: mini kitchen tools, spice blends, small kitchen gadgets, recipe cards, or a gift certificate for a future Pampered Chef purchase.

2. Are there any door prizes that are specifically geared towards first-time Pampered Chef guests?

Yes, there are door prizes that are specifically geared towards first-time Pampered Chef guests. Some ideas could include a Pampered Chef apron, a cookbook featuring Pampered Chef recipes, or a kitchen tool set.

3. Can I offer a door prize that is related to the theme of my first Pampered Chef show?

Absolutely! Offering a door prize that is related to the theme of your first Pampered Chef show is a great way to engage guests and get them excited about the products. For example, if your show is focused on grilling, you could offer a BBQ tool set as a door prize.

4. How many door prizes should I offer at my first Pampered Chef show?

It's recommended to offer at least 3-5 door prizes at your first Pampered Chef show. This will give guests multiple chances to win and keep them engaged throughout the show.

5. Can I personalize the door prizes for my first Pampered Chef show?

Yes, you can definitely personalize the door prizes for your first Pampered Chef show. You could include a handwritten note or a small gift along with the door prize to make it more special for the winner.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
vhadley
  • VAGirlChef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
flemings99