• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Booth Success: Top Tips for a Standout Display

In summary, the best tips for a successful booth are to give away mini catalogs, recipe cards, or older catalogs, Smile, say hello to everyone, do not sit behind a table, if you need to sit get a high stool, display lots and lots of items, make follow up phone calls within 24-48 hours, and hand out a recipe.
lluvs2laugh
What are your best tips for a successful booth?

What is the most important thing to have?

Don't give away too many catalogs. Ask people if they'd like to win a free cooking show or a cookbook (it can be Season's Best - they don't know it's $1 cookbook) then be prepared to purchase the ingredients for their show. Insist that they fill out all pertinent info (ie phone number and email) in order to be considered for the drawing. Instead of business cards to give away, post your information on a sticker and place it on a recipe. Less likely that they will throw away a recipe than a business card. You can make any orders be a part of a mystery host order. Hope that helps.

Thanks for posting a reply on this one. It is very timely, since I will be doing a parish
bazaar next weekend. We can afford to give away a lot of SBCK, if it leads to a booking.
You are right about the full catalogs and business cards. None have ever led to them
calling me, afterward. We have to get their names and numbers.

Smile, say hello to everyone, do not sit behind a table. If you need to sit get a high stool. No chatting on a cell phone or texting unless absolutely neccessary!!!

Stand IN FRONT of the table.

Give away mini catalogs, recipe cards, or older catalogs. I hang on to my current catalogs for dear life, not to mention I need to re-order.

I try to greet each person that comes near my table and ask if they are familiar with PC; if so, I ask what their favorite product is then try to show some of the new ones. I also give out recipe cards. I have found that having the current catalog in a 3-ring binder, each sheet in a plastic protective cover, makes a nice way to flip through it. Display lots and lots of items -- they like to buy what they can see.

I find that I make friends with my fellow vendors. Being nice and friendly really does work. I always seem to get a booking or something from one of them because everyone LOVES Pampered Chef.

Did see a nifty idea from a home interior type person this Saturday. Check this out. My booth buddy, Liz, and I are going to work up two of these.

Attachments

• Recruit board.jpg
    Recruit board.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 769
Don't put too much stuff on your table - it can be overwhelming for people to look at!
Try to put a little bit from each of the big lines on your table (stone, pans, SA, kives) and be sure to put out some cookbooks and/or spices for people to check out.

I find that the cookbooks sell well when people get to view them and then decide which suits them best. That is one of our lines that people really need to see more of in person than some of our products that speak for themselves.

Don't forget your calendar!!! And I always have something like lollipops for the kids, they want it they need their parent to be with them and it gets them to the table. I buy the dum-dum ones, cheap and they still will beg parents to get one LOL

I hand out this recipe (that has some "coupons") attached. Give it to everyone, even if they are not super interested, you never know...

Ask everyone to fill out a door prize slip, if you have a great conversation with them put a star on the top or make a note. When you make your calls start with your stars- this will get you off to a great start and get you excited to make the other calls.

My best tip: MAKE FOLLOW UP PHONE CALLS WITHIN 24-48 HOURS. (If it is a Sat booth I call on Monday- I don't like to make phone calls on Sunday- that is a day for church, rest, and family.

Hope this helps!

Attachments

• Booth_Handout_with_Coupons[1].doc
    911 KB · Views: 811
PamperChefCarol said:
I find that I make friends with my fellow vendors. Being nice and friendly really does work. I always seem to get a booking or something from one of them because everyone LOVES Pampered Chef.

Did see a nifty idea from a home interior type person this Saturday. Check this out. My booth buddy, Liz, and I are going to work up two of these.

This is so important! I have made friends with several other vendors, and many have ended up hosting shows for me! My BEST consultant on my team (and now my best friend also) I met because she was a vendor at an event where I had a booth.

I also occasionally give catalogs to the vendors. They usually give them back when they are done looking at them or tell me they will pass it along to a friend. I have put special stickers on the catalogs in the past that have a special just for vendors. I think I may have gotten that idea on here at some point, can't remember. Here's the wording though...
VENDOR SPECIALS
* Free shipping on your order (save $4).
* Schedule to host your own Cooking or Catalog Show to be held before 8/31/08, and receive an extra $10 in free product at your show.
** Redeem through Jane Phillips (xxx-xxx-xxxx or email address).

mscharf said:
I hand out this recipe (that has some "coupons") attached. Give it to everyone, even if they are not super interested, you never know...

Ask everyone to fill out a door prize slip, if you have a great conversation with them put a star on the top or make a note. When you make your calls start with your stars- this will get you off to a great start and get you excited to make the other calls.

My best tip: MAKE FOLLOW UP PHONE CALLS WITHIN 24-48 HOURS. (If it is a Sat booth I call on Monday- I don't like to make phone calls on Sunday- that is a day for church, rest, and family.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Michelle! What is the free gift that you give them when they go to your website within 48 hours?

Don't take too much. At the moment Carol and I only take "what's hot", holiday items and booking specials for 2 months out.

Don't spend a fortune on printing or copying items. The PC recipe cards work great. Sticker or stamp and that's it.

Don't give out the actual catalog, unless someone persists, and at that point - get ALL of their contact information.

Scatter biz cards around the table. People tend to pick those up a lot. I got 2 great outlet repeat ordering people from a booth Carol and I did in May. I'll take their $100/month outlet orders from scattering my biz card on the table!

Prize drawings. Don't give away the bank. Keep it under $10. If someone doesn't want it because it's a low priced item give away - oh well. Speaking of these. Carol and I have made up a ton of different drawing slips. The ones that we keep coming back to is the ones you get from the company. No one wants to answer a ton of questions, the company one works just fine - and hey it's $1 for 100 - can't beat that!

I'll second what Carol said. Get their early, get set up, and then do the walk around and talk with all the other vendors. You make contacts that can give you great leads on future booths.

STAND STAND STAND. Don't behind your table and talk with people. We both sit periodically thoughout the day for a brief rest, but for the most part we are standing - talking with people.

Act like you are having FUN. If you are acting like it's a chore to be there, then they are not going to want to stop, or book a show with you. People come by our tables and they say "oh The Pampered Chef!' We typcially respnod "Oh you LOVE the pampered Chef!" With a big emphasis on Love. They always say "yes, I love the pampered chef".

Put a sign up that says you have cash and carry (if you do) or that you'll sell Seasons Bests Cookbooks for $1, or that you have quickut paring knives for $1. People are always looking for those. If you don't have a sign, they won't know.

At a lot of the vendor fairs we have done lately we have handed out booth coupons with a recipe on it and it brings people into the booth. Then they sign up for our drawing and are looking at our items. This got us quite a few orders this weekend PLUS more names that we would not have gotten otherwise.

These are great ideas!! Thanks for all the tips. I was also wondering what the Free Gift is for contacting with info w/in 48 hours? Keep the tips coming!!

I use the recipe cards (30/$1) and put my label on them with my name, phone#, email, and website. People will pick those up and KEEP them whereas with a business card, they throw it away usually! I agree with everything else people say here! Don't sit down, smile, greet everyone... Make each person feel special when you talk with them. I have the catalog in a binder and people love it! I am especially grateful to do that when people have "sticky hands" from eating...

Can I just say you are all amazing!! Thank you so much for your guidance! what I'm not getting from my director, you ladies are making up for 100% I appreciate it so much!!! :)

1. What are some tips for attracting customers to my booth?

One tip is to have eye-catching displays and samples that showcase your products. Another is to engage with potential customers and offer them a taste or demonstration of your products.

2. How can I make my booth stand out at a crowded event?

Consider using colorful tablecloths, banners, and other decorations to make your booth visually appealing. Also, having unique and high-quality products can help set your booth apart from others.

3. What should I do to prepare for a booth event?

Make sure you have enough products, samples, and business cards to last throughout the event. You should also have a clear idea of your target audience and how to best appeal to them.

4. How can I make my booth more interactive?

Consider having live demonstrations or interactive games related to your products. You can also offer free samples or hold a raffle to engage with potential customers.

5. What are some common mistakes to avoid when setting up a booth?

Some common mistakes include having a cluttered or disorganized display, not having enough products or samples, and not engaging with potential customers. It's also important to have a clear and visible pricing system for your products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kasper2010
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
jbondr
  • dme.grant
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
katreallycooks
  • vanscootin