• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bookings From Halloween Gift Bags to Parents

In summary, other consultants have had mixed results with handing out little Halloween poems about booking a party and little treat bags for the parents. Some have had positive outcomes while others have not had any responses.
jenniwest04
I love the little Halloween poems about booking a party and the idea of a little treat bag for the parents, but what kind of response have other consultants had with this? I'm REALLY trying to book November solid and have some cute (and free!!) Fall/Halloween gift bags and realize the candy won't cost much but do you see any outcomes on this?I'm thinking of passing them out to the neighbors the Monday or Tuesday before Halloween, too, in addition to trick or treat night.Thoughts? Experiences?

Last edited:
I did some last Halloween. I meant to hand out more, but they got misplaced (long story) and were found at the last minute! I handed out maybe 10. I got one Open House from them. Another DS consultant saw it and invited me to participate.

I made some up this year for the first time, so will see how it goes? But I'm handing mine out at a booth and not halloween night.

These sound like great ideas what do you do? Do you just put your card on them or make little booking stickers. . . .please share.

I am not waiting till Halloween night to give them out I am giving them to all of the guests at my October show

I did this last year and got no business from them but it all depends on who comes to your door.

chef131doreen said:
I am not waiting till Halloween night to give them out I am giving them to all of the guests at my October show

Oh me too, I forgot to add my Oct shows besides the booth.

Thanks, I think that I will give them to my September Catalog hosts when they get their items (hopefully, soon!) and to my October cooking show guests (I only have 2 this month--the week of Halloween...all others are catalog right now) and whatever is left I'll pass out to the neighbors that week and to the parents that night. There's so little money involved with it that even one party should take care of it :)

I've done it the last two years in two different neighborhoods I've lived in and did'nt get any response. I'd do it if I were you. It was quick to print off and just one booking would make it worth your time.

I dressed up like Raggety Anne and walked around my neighborhood. I handed Mom's or Dad's an old catalog along with a treat bag with the cute poem on it (took treats for kids too). I got a recruit out of it. She was a Nanny for this couple in my neighborhood and saw my catalog at their house. Called me and I got a recruit...I would do it. This year I am dressing up like a PC Consultant w/Chef's Hat and walking a different neighborhood. Last year if I saw people sitting on their porches giving out candy, I walked up to them and said "Trick or Treat" then I said "I bet I'm the youngest trick or treater youv'e seen today without a parent huh?" they laughed and I gave them a treat w/catalog! If nothing else...it's fun!! I don't have kids at home anymore so I have nothing better to do anyway!

Great idea about going door-to-door Halloween night in a costume! I could leave for awhile and leave my boyfriend in charge of candy duty to do that :) I totally like it!!

I've done it the past two years w/no response...but for all the time and effort it takes me (5 minutes of printing and no effort at all really) I will continue to do it. It;s free advertising and it certainly can't hurt, you know?

That's what I'm thinking...I think I'm going to come up with a new little poem to utilize some candy I found that looks like little board games like "Life," "Clue," and "Sorry." I'm sure I could play those words to my advantage ;-) And the candy is too cute--it's shaped like the game pieces!

This sounds really neat, but I'm like Kara. What do you do? Do you just put your card on them or make little booking stickers. . . .please share. I also think this would be great at for a booth.

My plan is utilizing (well, with some slight adjustments) a poem I found on here about booking a show--it used candy names in the poem and you include the candy mentioned in a cellophane treat bag (I have a bunch free from a friend and you can get them really cheap at the dollar tree). I was going to include my business card with perhaps the offer of a free show on the back or my special of getting the new holiday cookbook with a qualified order and either the mini cat for the holidays or a gift idea brochure I got off of here. I might add a recipe card in there, too...I have a pretty good stash of them already.

This is what I use:

TO ALL MUMMY’S OUT THERE:
Don’t be a “DUD” for the holiday,
Book a Pampered Chef Show of your own today!
They are easy, fun and really great;
So don’t wait too long to pick your date!
Earn FREE product really quick;
Call Jayne for details at 674-0356
So be a real "SMARTIE",
Call me now to book your Party!!
Guaranteed to be one “WHOPPER” of a good time!!
If you don't want to call on this night of fright,
You can take a look at my Pampered Chef website!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

I'm trying for the first time. I used Vista Print and made a Halloween postcard with a poem I got off here. I'm using Halloween sandwich bags I purchased from the Dollar Store with Halloween designs. I'm putting the Halloween postcard, my business card, and the three candies mentioned in the poem in the bag. I thought the clear ziploc bags were cute and people can see what's in them so they don't think some psycho is running around handing out candy or something else. The 100 postcards were free, only paid shipping but I purchased other items from Vista Print so it's affordable. 100 ziploc bags, plus candy for a huge neighborhood might just be worth it for me. It's pretty much the only neighborhood where parents would drive all the way over to to take their kids treat or treating in a safe neighborhood. We'll see what happens.

I updated the poem a little bit from my post on another thread. I don't have business cards yet, so I'm printing all my info on orange paper that I found at Walmart and using a whole punch to be able to thread the paper over the twistie tie. I put the poem and my info on the front, and the November Specials on the back. I found all the candy at Walmart too except for the Sprees which I found in a mixed bag of candy from I-party. A little pricey, though at $9/bag. Does anyone know of a better source for Sprees? Here's what I picked up at Walmart:

Orange paper
Wilton goodie bags
Whoppers
Smarties
Smiley Face Gum Balls (could use lollipops and/or smiley stickers)
Little baggies of candy corn to act as filler (I wouldn't trust loose candy)

I'm going to hand some out at my shows and maybe some on Halloween night.

Attachments

• Mummies Generic.doc
    32 KB · Views: 270
  • Mummies Reverse Generic.doc
    33 KB · Views: 280
I don't give out candy...not a lot people come to our house because we are out so far. BUT we go to a street that EVERYONE takes their little kids to (we have a 2 and 3 year old) on the way to the Block Party, Downtown. So, I am going to be in my PC "costume" and handing out something. I haven't decided yet.
Whatever I give out that night, the teachers will receive that day at school...at least the school that is across the street from me. My son no longer goes there (it's the elem. school, he's in JH) but the teachers are big on supporting the community there! I probably will send something in to my son's teachers as well.

Here is what I handed out. One was for the women and one for the men - I didn't want to leave them out.

Attachments

• TO ALL THE MUMMIES.doc
    172.5 KB · Views: 338
  • And the Daddies.doc
    68 KB · Views: 362

1. How do I get started with booking parties using Halloween gift bags for parents?

To get started with booking parties using Halloween gift bags for parents, first create a list of potential hosts who may be interested in hosting a party. Then, reach out to them and offer to provide them with a Halloween gift bag as a thank you for hosting a party. Make sure to highlight the benefits of hosting a party, such as getting free products and discounts. You can also offer to provide additional themed decorations or treats to make the party even more fun.

2. How do I approach potential hosts about booking a party with Halloween gift bags for parents?

When approaching potential hosts, be sure to emphasize the convenience of hosting a party with Halloween gift bags for parents. Let them know that they won't have to worry about finding a costume or coming up with party favors, as the gift bags will take care of both. You can also mention the variety of products available for purchase at the party, and how hosting a party can help them earn free products for themselves.

3. How far in advance should I start booking parties with Halloween gift bags for parents?

It's best to start booking parties with Halloween gift bags for parents at least 4-6 weeks in advance. This will give you enough time to prepare the gift bags and plan for the party. It also allows enough time for potential hosts to invite guests and for guests to RSVP.

4. Can I customize the Halloween gift bags for parents to fit different party themes?

Yes, you can definitely customize the Halloween gift bags for parents to fit different party themes. For example, if a host is having a Harry Potter-themed party, you can include small wizard-themed items in the gift bags. It's also a good idea to have a variety of bag designs and contents available to cater to different preferences and themes.

5. What are some creative ways to promote booking parties with Halloween gift bags for parents?

One creative way to promote booking parties with Halloween gift bags for parents is to host a virtual party where you showcase the gift bags and other party-related products. You can also offer special discounts or incentives for guests who book a party during the event. Utilizing social media and creating eye-catching graphics or videos can also help attract potential hosts and guests. Additionally, word-of-mouth marketing through satisfied customers can be a powerful tool in promoting bookings for Halloween gift bag parties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pedey
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered_Princess
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
kristyjab
  • kristyjab