• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Booking Shows: Communication & Expectations

In summary, Amy has been hosting for 1 million years and is experienced in hosting parties. She likes to keep her hosts in touch through postcards and emails, and will book up to 6 months out.
amy07
Not sure if this should be here, but......Just curious as to how far out will you book a show? AND what level of communication you keep with a host that has dated a show later? What works best for you? I've got people wanting to book in May, which is great, but honestly I'm afraid that it'll be easy for me to put them on the back burner :eek: and not coach them properly and keep them excited about their show.

I'm currently booking for May as well. If someone books more than a 4 weeks out, I make sure I give them an extra "Hey, I'm really excited about your party!" calls. I do a lot of my host coaching through postcards, and I use those to keep my hosts enthusiastic.

I'm curious about your listed experience, Amy. To me it says 1 million years.

I'm not THAT old - even if I do feel like it most days!!:eek: LOL
Guess I better fix that.......I'm starting my 2nd month!

Ah. I figured there was a logical explanation. I was tempted to ask what kind of amazing face cream you use, then I remembered that PC hasn't been around quite that long.

Rae, back to your calls, how often do you call? I've gotten some postcards ready to send out, but I don't want to be a pest either.......;)

Amy - I have bookings for June already...At my first show, one wanted to book for March, 1 already had a booking for April, one took May and one June. I figured it was a good thing - it "balances" my business and keeps it steady...

Wow, I thought I would lose touch with people, cause I am scaredy cat of the phone of course, but I guess that far out is ok.. COOL

Honestly, it depends on how busy I am.

If it's booked waaay out, I'll ask them how soon they want their kit. Some people want it right away so they can get started. Some don't want it until a few weeks before their show.

If they don't want it right away, I call them about a week after we talk. I confirm that the date will work for them and make sure I know exactly when they want the kit. I call just before I send the kit to see if they have a specific number of catalogs they want, if they need any extra OOFs, etc. It's basically just to get them prepared to receive the kit. I call a few days after they get it to see if they have any questions.

If they want the kit right away, I call a few days after they receive it. I call or send a postcard every week to 10 days after that. The last two are my standard cards that I send to every host:

2 weeks before is "Beat This"--an incentive to beat $1000 in sales
1 week before is "Some Suggestions"--instructions to make reminder calls, start making a wish list, etc.

I will book up to 6 months out. I hate the phone so I use postcards to keep in touch with them and an occasional email to make sure they're still alive and interested in the interim. At 6 weeks otu I send them a confirmation packet:
cover letter
blank guest list
who are potential guests flyer
key dates postcard from Nancy's

Once I receive their guest list, I send them their host packet.

If I book far out, I just tell them that they can rest assured I have them on my calendar and I'll contact them about a month before their show to start planning.

Then I mail them a show confirmation postcard and that's it until about 4 weeks before their show.

Works for me...

I am constantly booking 6 months out. I like to leave my hostesses house the night of the show with a soft booking for 6 months out. That way there are new products out, and they get two host specials at the next show. I just ask them to pick a day that looks good now, and we can confirm/move it later. I call 4-6 weeks before their show and see if they need to move it, but they rarely do!

I am already booking in May also. All my Saturdays are booked from now until May, that's why I have to. I can only do saturdays right now until the end of May. But I am looking into booking for June and July also!!!!

Gillian-that's a great idea! I have my first show tonight (it's my girlfriend) and I know she'll book again with me in 6 months-I just wouldn't have thought to ask.

thanks for the help from all of you!:) Don't get me wrong.......I'm not turning away anybody........just wanted to see about follow up. Seems like we all have the same idea....get the booking, and occasional follow-up and once the date gets closer start the coaching.......You guys are all awesome, I LOVE this site!:p

And another thing...

I like to book 2 months at a time. I'm not going to book June until my April is where I want it (still need a couple more). Then I won't book July til May is looking good, etc.

DebbieJ said:
And another thing...

I like to book 2 months at a time. I'm not going to book June until my April is where I want it (still need a couple more). Then I won't book July til May is looking good, etc.
I used to do this but just recently found that if I open up my calendar to all months for booking that it really evens itself out. I always think after the first week of a month that whatever I have is what I have for that month. This month I got two March catalog shows just a few days ago!

I am hoping that April will fill itself in as well!

SilverCeladon said:
Gillian-that's a great idea! I have my first show tonight (it's my girlfriend) and I know she'll book again with me in 6 months-I just wouldn't have thought to ask.
No host can turn down TWO host specials at the next show, even when they don't know what it is going to be. People have no problem with picking a "soft" date, especially that far out. Then when you call to confirm you ask if that date is still okay or if they need to move it. They will stay or move- I have never had someone cancel! It is like an auto-booking!!

gilliandanielle said:
No host can turn down TWO host specials at the next show, even when they don't know what it is going to be. People have no problem with picking a "soft" date, especially that far out. Then when you call to confirm you ask if that date is still okay or if they need to move it. They will stay or move- I have never had someone cancel! It is like an auto-booking!!

This may be one of my "dumber" questions, but can they get 2 of the same item? Say in March, can they get 2 mandolins, or does it have to be one mandolin and the cutting board? I'm just thinking that in June that would be awesome to get two sets of the knives

Yes they can get two of the same thing. You have to enter it as a guest but under their name with just the host item. They have to pay shipping/tax on it but it is still a great deal.

Since it is nearing the end of March.. I am booking shows for April.. if someone wants a May show I will do that.... but I do book past May.... less canclations.....

Related to Booking Shows: Communication & Expectations

What is the best way to communicate with potential hosts about booking a show?

The best way to communicate with potential hosts is through a personal phone call or face-to-face conversation. This allows for a more personal and direct approach, and also gives the host the opportunity to ask any questions they may have.

How often should I follow up with potential hosts about booking a show?

It is recommended to follow up with potential hosts at least once a week until they have made a decision about hosting a party. However, be sure not to come across as too pushy or aggressive with your follow-ups.

What expectations should I set with potential hosts when booking a show?

It is important to set clear expectations with potential hosts about their responsibilities as a host, such as inviting guests, providing a suitable space for the party, and possibly even preparing some refreshments. Also, be sure to communicate the benefits the host will receive for hosting a successful show.

How far in advance should I book shows?

It is recommended to book shows at least 2-3 weeks in advance to allow enough time for the host to invite guests and for you to prepare for the show.

What should I do if a host cancels a show?

If a host cancels a show, it is important to handle the situation professionally and with understanding. Offer to reschedule the show for a different date, or offer to do a virtual party instead. It is also a good idea to have a backup plan in case of cancellations, such as having a list of potential hosts who may be interested in booking a show on short notice.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CAPCnewbie
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Rosechef
  • ShelbyMichalek
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • purpleluvs3