• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Beware of Suspicious Email from Former Pampered Partner Tech

In summary, a consultant received a suspicious email from someone claiming to be a former Pampered Chef employee and offering to help with the Pampered Partner software. The consultant and other team members deemed it to be a scam and forwarded it to the appropriate channels at HO. They also reminded each other to never give out personal information or money in response to unsolicited emails and to be cautious of potential scams.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
Hi all!

I just received this email and thought it sounded rather fishy. Just wanted to give you all a heads up about this! DON'T give out any of your information! DH says this guy could be a hacker!

Hello Kelly,

My name is Tom. I used to be a Pampered Partner Tech. I no longer work there. I just wanted to let you know that I can help you with the Pampered Partner software. Just imagine calling at the month where you have to submit your shows before midnight and waited and waited. Well, please email me with any questions. My yahoo nick is twilliamsummer2007. Please add me to your yahoo messenger and we can chat.

Also, I can help your team too if they add me to their Yahoo friend list. I should be online most of the time at the end of the month.

I am doing this for a good cause. Basically, I am raising money for Churches. Any donation will work.

Thanks in advance.

Oh...who should I forward this to at HO?

WOW! I would definitely not respond to this! Forward it to the solution center - they will get it to the right place. Maybe this is one for Richard...

Very odd!!!! I am not sure who to send that to.

KellyTheChef said:
Hi all!

I just received this email and thought it sounded rather fishy. Just wanted to give you all a heads up about this! DON'T give out any of your information! DH says this guy could be a hacker!

Hello Kelly,

My name is Tom. I used to be a Pampered Partner Tech. I no longer work there. I just wanted to let you know that I can help you with the Pampered Partner software. Just imagine calling at the month where you have to submit your shows before midnight and waited and waited. Well, please email me with any questions. My yahoo nick is twilliamsummer2007. Please add me to your yahoo messenger and we can chat.

Also, I can help your team too if they add me to their Yahoo friend list. I should be online most of the time at the end of the month.

I am doing this for a good cause. Basically, I am raising money for Churches. Any donation will work.

Thanks in advance.

C'mere little girl...you want some candy?;)

Sounds fishy to me, too, Kelly. I'd let HO take care of it.

Denarella said:

Bahaha - that's just what I was thinking!! LOL

I sent it to Richard and to the Solution Center!

Way to go Kelly!! Definately sounds like a scam. I wonder how they got your info? I guess anything is possible these days.

Let us know the outcome!

vwpamperedchef said:
Way to go Kelly!! Definately sounds like a scam. I wonder how they got your info? I guess anything is possible these days.

Let us know the outcome!
All anyone would need to do is start entering things to find PWSes, and go to the "contact me" pages. This is a good reminder to never, never, NEVER give out money or personal information in response to unsolicited email. And if you see something on the net that sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

chefann said:
All anyone would need to do is start entering things to find PWSes, and go to the "contact me" pages. This is a good reminder to never, never, NEVER give out money or personal information in response to unsolicited email. And if you see something on the net that sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

kelly
he could have gotten your pws off your back window :grumpy:
trying not to scare you (sorry) but thats the first place i though of
and be careful

I think we all agree...send to HO! We should be sure to warn other consultants on our teams as well.

heather9892 said:
kelly
he could have gotten your pws off your back window :grumpy:
trying not to scare you (sorry) but thats the first place i though of
and be careful

The one thing that would make me think that he is more of a "PC Insider" is that he says he used to be a PP tech......and I don't think the average person on the street would know the PC lingo enough to know that our program is called Pampered Partner.......I think he did probably work for PC at sometime, but is now running a scam.....

ChefBeckyD said:
The one thing that would make me think that he is more of a "PC Insider" is that he says he used to be a PP tech......and I don't think the average person on the street would know the PC lingo enough to know that our program is called Pampered Partner.......I think he did probably work for PC at sometime, but is now running a scam.....

true
i was still half asleep when i first read this

ChefBeckyD said:

That is what I was thinking

You never know...he could be a disgruntled past consultant, past HO worker, etc. He could also be truly legit and working for a good cause....it is so hard to find these things out - that is why we have Richard and HO!

Here is what I received from Richard:

Hi Kelly,

Thank you very much for forwarding this to us. Of course we recommended all of our Consultants to contact our Technical Support Department here at The Home Office. I have forwarded the e-mail to our Legal Department so they can investigate further.

Thanks,

Richard Laiche

Geez Scary!!!:eek:

OH.... something smell's rotten and it isn't the eggs I SMELL!!!

'scuse me...
mommyhugz1978 said:
OH.... something smell's rotten and it isn't the eggs I SMELL!!!

...I had beans for dinner.

Robin :)

priscilla said:
...I had beans for dinner.

Robin :)

haha........ I am not sure that would be it either......... LOL it could be Demark????;) :rolleyes:

Richard contacted me again...we were all right in our assumptions that this is NOT on the up and up!

Hi Kelly,

Our Legal Department just notified me that we never had a gentleman by the name of Tom William working in our Tech Department at any time. It is good to know that you would never contact him. It appears as though he is simply trying to use our Consultant’s to get “donations” by claiming he was a former Tech Support rep.

Thanks,

Richard Laiche

Good Job Kelly! You are such the crime-stopper.

pamperedlinda said:
Good Job Kelly! You are such the crime-stopper.

Aww thanks! :blushing: I try!

That is good that they got to the bottom of it that quickly!!! Way to go Kelly

Hopefully no one else fell for his scam! Good thing you're a smarty pants Kelly!

Way to go, Kelly! We're so lucky to have you here! :D

Denarella said:
LOL!!!
That is the perfect correlation!

Freaky!
He must come here to CS ...eery!

I hope no one fell for it. :grumpy:

Related to Beware of Suspicious Email from Former Pampered Partner Tech

1. What is the email about?

The email is about a person claiming to be a former Pampered Partner Tech who wants to offer help with the Pampered Partner software.

2. Why does the sender want recipients to add him on Yahoo Messenger?

The sender wants recipients to add him on Yahoo Messenger so they can chat and he can offer assistance with the Pampered Partner software.

3. What is the supposed "good cause" the sender is raising money for?

The sender claims to be raising money for Churches.

4. What warning does the email give to recipients?

The email warns recipients not to give out any personal information and suggests that the sender could be a hacker.

5. Why is the sender no longer working at Pampered Partner?

The email does not specify why the sender is no longer working at Pampered Partner.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ahinchey
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jules
  • naekelsey
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • esavvymom