• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Apple computer compatibility with Pampered Partner - Tech Support options

Intel-based) Mac, you can run Windows in Boot Camp (or other options), and run Pampered Partner through that.In summary, if you are looking to get a version of Pampered Partner for your Apple computer, you may be out of luck as as there is no official support for that at this time. However, you can run Windows in Boot Camp and use the program that way.
jbechtel
Are any of you apple computer users? Is there a version of Pampered Partner available for apple computers? Do I contact Tech Support to get an apple version?

Our hard drive on our computer is going as I type this and we're looking to get an apple computer but want to make sure I can still use Pampered Partner.

Thanks!

As of now, PC does NOT have a version of PP for Apple. Sorry!

If you get a new (Intel-based) Mac, you can run Windows in Boot Camp (or other options), and run Pampered Partner through that.I asked one of the tech folks in the tech room at Leadership about a Mac version of PP, now that P3 (Pampered Partner Plus) is a web-based Java program. He said that they haven't tested it on any Macs and it isn't officially supported - yet. So there is hope! If I were you, I'd go ahead and get the Mac. :)

Get the MacGet the Mac, I've never regretted it! NO, I can't use PP (yet, but there's hope!) but in every other aspect of my life the Mac is the better product for me.I have not tried running PP in PCsoft or any similar products, so I can't say what will happen if you do.Ann

chefann said:
If you get a new (Intel-based) Mac, you can run Windows in Boot Camp (or other options), and run Pampered Partner through that.

I asked one of the tech folks in the tech room at Leadership about a Mac version of PP, now that P3 (Pampered Partner Plus) is a web-based Java program. He said that they haven't tested it on any Macs and it isn't officially supported - yet. So there is hope! If I were you, I'd go ahead and get the Mac. :)

I second a Intel Based Mac...I don't suggest the 17" MacBookPro (the biggest laptop that they have available) at this point though....hate to say it, but I feel like it is going to overheat any minute!! It gets so hot in a few areas that I can't even hold my finger on it! I did buy an expensive fan cooled stand that didn't work, so I returned it and bought a cheap(er) rubbermaid laptop stand at WalMart that lifts it up so that there is some airflow, but that doesn't help much either. I love my iBook that I personally have...it is older, pre-Intel Based...but it works great, and I use multiple graphic design programs on it and it handles them perfectly. I would stick with that... much easier to bring places too!

PP on Mac
jenniferknapp said:
I don't suggest the 17" MacBookPro (the biggest laptop that they have available) at this point though....hate to say it, but I feel like it is going to overheat any minute!! It gets so hot in a few areas that I can't even hold my finger on it!

My husband has a MacBook Pro, and he doesn't seem to have that problem for daily use. He said sometimes it does get warmer if there's a program that he's running that requires a lot of video memory. Perhaps it's your computer that has something amiss.

I run Parallels on my MacBook which allows me to run Windows within the Mac environment, which in turn lets me run PP. Works perfectly for me. I even export my contacts to a file and import it into Address Book allowing me to send a newsletter using my much-friendlier Mac programs. :p

siderits said:
My husband has a MacBook Pro, and he doesn't seem to have that problem for daily use. He said sometimes it does get warmer if there's a program that he's running that requires a lot of video memory. Perhaps it's your computer that has something amiss.

I run Parallels on my MacBook which allows me to run Windows within the Mac environment, which in turn lets me run PP. Works perfectly for me. I even export my contacts to a file and import it into Address Book allowing me to send a newsletter using my much-friendlier Mac programs. :p

Maybe running Word, Outlook, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and a few other programs may explain the heat! But, that is why I love Mac...it can handle so many simultaneous programs...

I really don't see much of a difference between my personal ibook that is maxed out with RAM and my brand new MacBookPro....when it comes time to buy a new personal computer, I will pay the cheaper price for a MacBook, and use the extra money to max out the RAM again!

Go for a Mac!! You'll love it :)

OOPS!! :eek:

I don't speak this language - I better skidaddle....:p

PCGINA said:
OOPS!! :eek:

I don't speak this language - I better skidaddle....:p
you and me both Gina! LOL!!!

PCGINA said:
I don't speak this language - I better skidaddle....
Welcome to Nerdville. We speak Geek. Do you?

chefann said:
Welcome to Nerdville. We speak Geek. Do you?
My husbands speaks GEEK!! I think that is our problem-LOL!!!

Related to Apple computer compatibility with Pampered Partner - Tech Support options

What is the best way to slice an apple?

The best way to slice an apple is to use a sharp knife and cut the apple into quarters, removing the core and seeds. Then, slice each quarter into desired thickness.

Can I use the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer on other fruits?

Yes, the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer can also be used on other fruits such as pears and potatoes.

How do I clean the Apple Wedger?

To clean the Apple Wedger, simply hand wash with warm soapy water and dry thoroughly before storing. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or the dishwasher.

Can I use the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer on apples with irregular shapes?

The Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer is designed to work best with round and symmetrical apples. Irregularly shaped apples may not work as well and could lead to uneven slices.

Is the Apple Wedger safe for children to use?

The Apple Wedger is not recommended for children to use without adult supervision. The sharp blades can be dangerous and should be handled with caution.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ahinchey
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jules
  • Kjurich
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
grgann
  • danaher3