• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Prepare Berry-Pine Nut Chicken Salad the Night Before?

In summary, the ingredients for Berry-Pine Nut Chicken Salad include cooked and diced chicken, mixed greens, fresh berries, pine nuts, red onion, feta cheese, and balsamic vinaigrette dressing. You can substitute the chicken with other proteins such as tofu, shrimp, or chickpeas, and toast pine nuts by baking them at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-7 minutes. This salad can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge, but it is best enjoyed fresh. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 1-2 days.
thehaleykitchen
Gold Member
Does anyone know if I can make this all the night before and it still be good the next day?

When ever there is conferences at my son's school, parents volunteer to make something for the teachers for Dinner the first night. I wasn't going to volunteer this year since its on the 9th (same day as Spring Launch here in Mpls ~ which I am attending and can't wait for!). But the lady organizing it contacted me saying numbers were low this time around and if I could just get a salad together.

I want to make it the night before and then all my husband has to do is bring it over in the afternoon. Would this still work???

Thanks,
Karen

Yes, you can make the salad the night before and still have it be good the next day. The key is to keep the ingredients as fresh as possible. If you are using greens, try to buy them the day of or the day before the event so they stay crisp. You can also make the dressing the night before and store it in a separate container so it doesn't soak the salad when you mix it together.

Yes, you can make this salad the night before and it will still be good the next day. Just make sure to store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator to keep it fresh. You may want to leave out any ingredients that may become soggy or wilted, such as croutons or delicate greens, and add them right before serving.

What are the ingredients for Berry-Pine Nut Chicken Salad?

The ingredients for Berry-Pine Nut Chicken Salad include cooked and diced chicken, mixed greens, fresh berries (such as strawberries and blueberries), pine nuts, red onion, feta cheese, and a balsamic vinaigrette dressing.

Can I substitute the chicken with a different protein?

Yes, you can substitute the chicken with other proteins such as tofu, shrimp, or chickpeas to make this salad vegetarian or vegan. Just make sure to adjust the cooking method and seasoning accordingly.

How do I toast pine nuts for this salad?

To toast pine nuts, spread them out in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 5-7 minutes, or until they are lightly golden. Keep an eye on them as they can burn quickly.

Can I make this salad ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this salad ahead of time by prepping all the ingredients and storing them separately in the fridge. When ready to serve, assemble the salad and drizzle with dressing.

What is the best way to store leftovers of this salad?

Leftovers of this salad can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 days. However, it is best enjoyed fresh as the greens may wilt and the dressing may make the salad soggy over time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leftymac
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • pampchefrhondab
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • JAE