• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparing Ahead: Can I Make a Lunch the Night Before?

In summary, some users have successfully made the dish the night before and served it as leftovers, while others have added extra cream cheese and chicken broth when reheating to prevent drying. There are also suggestions to use a mandoline for slicing garlic and to add grilled chicken to the final product. Some have found the dish to be too peppery and not creamy enough, but adding more cream cheese and using tortellini instead of penne pasta has resulted in a more enjoyable meal. Ultimately, opinions on the effectiveness of the dish as a demo recipe vary.
hoosiergrad802
I decided to make this for a lunch at work, but need to make it the night before. Has anyone made it and served it later? Just wondering how it might turn out.

Thank you!

Oh, it'll be fine! I've had it for leftovers, & it tasted just as good!

Add extra cream cheese when you make it and reheat in the microwave with a little extra chicken broth so it doesn't dry and it should be perfect.

LOVE IT!

Do you all think it's a good demo?
just seems like a lot of slicing...not showing much products...
and do you really cut up the garlic? ...or just use garlic press for less garlic?

It is a great demo recipe. I precut most of the stuff and then just had the guests chop the rest. We used the can opener instead of the tabs on the chicken broth. Used the can strainer for the sun dried tomatoes. Try the mandoline for the garlic. You really do want slices, not pressed.

wadesgirl said:
Add extra cream cheese when you make it and reheat in the microwave with a little extra chicken broth so it doesn't dry and it should be perfect.

I totally agree!

ChefNic said:
LOVE IT!

Do you all think it's a good demo?
just seems like a lot of slicing...not showing much products...
and do you really cut up the garlic? ...or just use garlic press for less garlic?

You can also grill up some chicken breast ahead of time and use the food chopper on it, or the salad choppers and add the chicken to the final product! I also agree...the sliced garlic really makes a different flavor than the pressed. If you decide to use the press, only use 1-2 cloves...the press makes the flavor MUCH more intense, since more of the essential oils are released.

I must be missing something - I've made this twice and I really don't like it that much. It seems like too much pepper and it isn't very creamy.

My family didn't like it either. I wish we did - in theory it seems like a great recipe - but maybe I'm messing it up somehow...

pamperedval said:
I must be missing something - I've made this twice and I really don't like it that much. It seems like too much pepper and it isn't very creamy.

My family didn't like it either. I wish we did - in theory it seems like a great recipe - but maybe I'm messing it up somehow...

I added the whole thing of cream cheese, much better.

Instead of Penne pasta I added 3 cheese tortallini it was so good.

Related to Preparing Ahead: Can I Make a Lunch the Night Before?

1. Can I prepare a salad the night before?

Yes, you can prepare a salad the night before. Make sure to keep the dressing separate and add it right before serving to prevent the lettuce from becoming soggy.

2. Is it safe to make sandwiches ahead of time?

As long as you store the sandwiches properly in an airtight container in the refrigerator, it is safe to make them ahead of time. However, avoid using ingredients that may become soggy overnight, such as tomatoes or lettuce.

3. How far in advance can I make a pasta dish?

You can make a pasta dish up to 2 days in advance. Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator and reheat it before serving. Keep in mind that the texture of the pasta may change slightly after being refrigerated.

4. Can I assemble a wrap the night before?

Yes, you can assemble a wrap the night before. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or foil and store it in the refrigerator. Add any sauces or dressings right before serving to prevent the wrap from becoming soggy.

5. How should I store a prepared lunch for the next day?

To ensure food safety, store your prepared lunch in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator. If you are packing it in a lunchbox, make sure to include an ice pack to keep it fresh until lunchtime.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tpol04
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • cochef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cochef
  • chefheidi2003