• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can BBQ Pork Salad be Prepared in Advance and Substituted with Chicken?

In summary, you can cook the pork for the BBQ pork salad in a slow cooker, grill, or oven until it reaches an internal temperature of 145°F and then let it rest for 3 minutes before shredding. You can also substitute the pork with chicken, beef, or tofu. A tangy BBQ or honey mustard dressing works well with the flavors in this salad, but you can also make your own using BBQ sauce, olive oil, and vinegar. The salad can be prepared up to a day in advance, but wait to add the dressing until right before serving. Other toppings such as avocado, corn, black beans, cherry tomatoes, shredded cheese, or crispy tortilla strips can also be added for more flavor and texture.
pampchefrhondab
Okay experts, I need some help.

First of all, I'm making the BBQ Pork Salad for a show tomorrow. What is the minimum size the micro-wave needs to be? If it's not big enough can I make it at home in the morning and use it at the show at night?

Also, has anyone used chicken? I have a host next Friday who wants to use chicken.

Thanks,

The minimum size microwave that is needed for the BBQ Pork Salad will depend on the amount you are making. Generally speaking, for smaller amounts, a standard-sized microwave should suffice. However, if you are cooking a large quantity, you may need to use a larger microwave or multiple microwaves. As for using chicken, it can be substituted in place of pork in the BBQ Pork Salad recipe.

Hi there! I'm not an expert, but I do have some experience with making BBQ Pork Salad. In my opinion, the minimum size for a microwave to make this dish would be around 1.2 cubic feet. If your microwave is smaller than that, you may have trouble fitting all the ingredients in. As for making it at home in the morning and using it at the show at night, I think that's a great idea! Just be sure to keep it refrigerated until you're ready to serve it. I haven't personally tried using chicken in this recipe, but I think it could work well. You may want to adjust the cooking time and temperature accordingly to ensure the chicken is fully cooked. Good luck with your show!

1. How do I cook the pork for the BBQ pork salad?

Cook the pork in a slow cooker, grill, or oven until it reaches an internal temperature of 145°F. Let it rest for 3 minutes before shredding.

2. Can I substitute the pork with a different protein?

Yes, you can use chicken, beef, or even tofu as a substitute for the pork in this salad recipe.

3. What type of dressing should I use for the BBQ pork salad?

A tangy BBQ or honey mustard dressing works well with the flavors in this salad. You can also make your own dressing using BBQ sauce, olive oil, and vinegar.

4. How far in advance can I prepare the BBQ pork salad?

You can prepare the salad up to a day in advance, but wait to add the dressing until right before serving to prevent the greens from wilting.

5. What other toppings can I add to the BBQ pork salad?

You can add toppings such as avocado, corn, black beans, cherry tomatoes, shredded cheese, or crispy tortilla strips to add more flavor and texture to the salad.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefinbiz
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pampchefrhondab
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • Jolie_Paradoxe