• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bbq Chicken Mini Sandwich Recipe Needed

In summary, these are instructions for making BBQ chicken sandwiches. First, place chicken in a deep covered Baker. Brush with garlic oil and sprinkle with BBQ rub. Place in the microwave for 13-14 minutes. After the chicken is cooked, chop it with a salad chopper. To make more BBQ sauce, just double the ingredients in the recipe.
Kimberlymmj
please. I can never remember how much bbq rub.

Is this the one you want:
Smoky BBQ Chicken Sandwhiches & BBQ SAUCE
1 1/2 lbs Boneless Skinless chicken breast
2 teaspoons Garlic Oil
1 1/2 tbs of Smoky BBQ Rub
24 Soft Dinner Rolls

Place Chicken in Deep Covered Baker. Brush with Garlic Oil. Sprinkle with BBQ Rub. Place in Microwave 13-14 minutes. Remove and Chop chicken with Salad Chopper.

BBQ SAUCE - 1 cup Ketchup
2 Tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup of Light Brown Sugar
2 Tbs Smoky BBQ RUB

Add vinegar to Small Micro Cooker, ketchup, sugar, and rub. Stir with Nylon Mix n Masher. Microwave 2 minutes. Stir and serve or stir into chopped chicken.

To make more sauce just double ingredients.

Sounds good enough to eat! I just may try for dinner this week!

This sounds yummy! I may make this tonight!

Just made this for dinner...it's very yummy. Once you make your own BBQ sauce you will NEVER buy it ever again, it's the best!

That's why I put in a request for them to make our BBQ rub in a larger container...you just go through it way to fast after just a couple times of using it. :D

babywings76 said:
That's why I put in a request for them to make our BBQ rub in a larger container...you just go through it way to fast after just a couple times of using it. :D

I have asked for the same thing! We use a TON of it here in our home. Yummy stuff!

What can you use if you don't have apple cider vinegar? I'd hate to buy some and find I don't like this recipe and never use the rest.

I guess you could use regular vinegar, I know here in the states apple cider vinegar isn't very expensive, maybe a couple of dollars so I would say try it because its not like it is a huge expense if you don't use it. You could always use it for your shows also.

I don't think I'd use regular white vinegar in place of the apple cider vinegar. It has a more stringent taste.

If you have other kinds of vinegar - a malt vinegar, or wine vinegar, or a rice vinegar, any of those would be a good sub. But really, at least here in the States, you can buy a small bottle of apple cider vinegar for around $1.25.

(okay - I admit it, I'm obsessed with vinegars. I have 10 different kinds in my pantry right now!:eek:)

My kids won't eat the BBQ sauce made with our rub, they say it's to spicy. But my dds are only 10, 8, & 6, so maybe it's more their ages. I use only about half of what they tell you too and then they'll eat without to much complaining.

Lisa

Lisa/ChefBear said:
My kids won't eat the BBQ sauce made with our rub, they say it's to spicy. But my dds are only 10, 8, & 6, so maybe it's more their ages. I use only about half of what they tell you too and then they'll eat without to much complaining.

Lisa

Add a little more ketchup and bownsugar :) I do this for my DS and he loves it!

1. What ingredients do I need for the BBQ chicken mini sandwich recipe?

To make BBQ chicken mini sandwiches, you will need:

• 4 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
  • 1 cup BBQ sauce
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 12 dinner rolls
  • Butter for basting

2. Can I use a different type of meat for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of shredded meat for these mini sandwiches. Pulled pork or beef would also work well with the BBQ sauce and other ingredients.

3. How do I make the BBQ sauce for this recipe?

In a small saucepan, combine the BBQ sauce, diced onions, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, and salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until the sauce is heated through and the sugar is dissolved. Use this sauce to coat the shredded chicken.

4. Can I make these sandwiches ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the shredded chicken and BBQ sauce ahead of time and store them in the fridge. When you are ready to make the sandwiches, simply assemble them and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until heated through.

5. How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes 12 mini sandwiches, so it can serve 4-6 people as a main dish or more as an appetizer or snack.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leftymac
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • Teresa Lynn
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies