1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: BBQ Chicken Mini Sandwich recipe needed

1. Kimberlymmj

Kimberlymmj Member

please. I can never remember how much bbq rub.

Jul 25, 2009
  2. lmradlein

lmradlein Member Gold Member

Is this the one you want:
    Smoky BBQ Chicken Sandwhiches & BBQ SAUCE
    1 1/2 lbs Boneless Skinless chicken breast
    2 teaspoons Garlic Oil
    1 1/2 tbs of Smoky BBQ Rub
    24 Soft Dinner Rolls

Place Chicken in Deep Covered Baker. Brush with Garlic Oil. Sprinkle with BBQ Rub. Place in Microwave 13-14 minutes. Remove and Chop chicken with Salad Chopper.

BBQ SAUCE - 1 cup Ketchup
    2 Tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
    1/4 cup of Light Brown Sugar
    2 Tbs Smoky BBQ RUB

Add vinegar to Small Micro Cooker, ketchup, sugar, and rub. Stir with Nylon Mix n Masher. Microwave 2 minutes. Stir and serve or stir into chopped chicken.

To make more sauce just double ingredients.

Jul 25, 2009
  3. Melissa78

Melissa78 Veteran Member Gold Member

Sounds good enough to eat! I just may try for dinner this week!

Jul 26, 2009
  4. tabnat80

tabnat80 Advanced Member Gold Member

This sounds yummy! I may make this tonight!

Jul 27, 2009
  5. lmradlein

Just made this for dinner...it's very yummy. Once you make your own BBQ sauce you will NEVER buy it ever again, it's the best!

Jul 27, 2009
  6. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

That's why I put in a request for them to make our BBQ rub in a larger container...you just go through it way to fast after just a couple times of using it. :D

Jul 27, 2009
  7. lmradlein

I have asked for the same thing! We use a TON of it here in our home. Yummy stuff!

Jul 27, 2009
  8. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

What can you use if you don't have apple cider vinegar? I'd hate to buy some and find I don't like this recipe and never use the rest.

Jul 27, 2009
  9. PCMomto4

PCMomto4 Member

I guess you could use regular vinegar, I know here in the states apple cider vinegar isn't very expensive, maybe a couple of dollars so I would say try it because its not like it is a huge expense if you don't use it. You could always use it for your shows also.

Jul 28, 2009
  10. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I don't think I'd use regular white vinegar in place of the apple cider vinegar. It has a more stringent taste.

If you have other kinds of vinegar - a malt vinegar, or wine vinegar, or a rice vinegar, any of those would be a good sub. But really, at least here in the States, you can buy a small bottle of apple cider vinegar for around $1.25.

(okay - I admit it, I'm obsessed with vinegars. I have 10 different kinds in my pantry right now!:eek:)

Jul 28, 2009
  11. Lisa/ChefBear

Lisa/ChefBear Veteran Member Gold Member

My kids won't eat the BBQ sauce made with our rub, they say it's to spicy. But my dds are only 10, 8, & 6, so maybe it's more their ages. I use only about half of what they tell you too and then they'll eat without to much complaining.

Lisa

12. lmradlein

Add a little more ketchup and bownsugar :) I do this for my DS and he loves it!

Jul 29, 2009
Have something to add?