• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did You Miss Out on the Shopping Spree at Conference?

In summary, the Conference was amazing and I can't wait to hear all about it when everyone gets home.
mrssyvo
Hi All. I just got back from Conference. Did not get the shopping spree, but OH Well. My lips are sealed, I promised not to tell the news, but let me tell you guys, "FASTEN YOUR SEAT BELTS !!!!! " It was amazing, and you guys will be BLOWN AWAY !!!!!!!

I did meet up with some fellow cheffers, quite by accident, and we had a great time on the tour. Hvae a great time at conference !!!!!

:D I'm glad you had a great time! I went last year for the first time and had a great time, it really is a blast to spend 3 full days on PC!! Congratulations and we can't wait to hear it all!!!

How about a private e-mail--i keep getting cut off by cell to conference--my group is there from wave 1--

[email protected]
:D

It was awesome! Met up with two cheffers, saw PamperedBecky go past me, but couldn't catch her.

Remember, let's respect Doris and NO SPOILERS!!!

It was awesome!!!!! It's going to be one rockin' fall, that's for sure!

mrssyvo said:
Hi All. I just got back from Conference. Did not get the shopping spree, but OH Well. My lips are sealed, I promised not to tell the news, but let me tell you guys, "FASTEN YOUR SEAT BELTS !!!!! " It was amazing, and you guys will be BLOWN AWAY !!!!!!!

I did meet up with some fellow cheffers, quite by accident, and we had a great time on the tour. Hvae a great time at conference !!!!!

Yes, mrssyvo and I both got to sit in our Senior Exec Director's (Sherri C's) Box!!! Cool! And I was seen by two other cheffers (its_me_susan and jayne) in the HO tour! This site is so cool...I told everyone to check it out! Hopefully we'll have some new cheffers here soon!:D

I second that. I ran into 2 cheffers also on the tour. I am so excited, and PUMPED !! I came right home, and discussed my goals with hubby, and asked him to hold me accountable. I WILL promote to director at Leadership AND I AM going to the Bahammas. I am also shooting for TCP in sales and recruiting next year !!!!

I'm so excited and there's nobody around me to share it with!!! Aaarrrrrrrrrrgh!

*lol*

DebbieJ said:
It was awesome! Met up with two cheffers, saw PamperedBecky go past me, but couldn't catch her.

Hey Deb, it's Debbie :)
Wasn't my new director, Angela Shea, awesome going across that stage!!

Anyway, for my first conference, it was a fantastic time! I'm so glad I went!

You all have a wonderful time, and we can compare when everyone has gotten home from conference next week.

Hey Debbie,

Angela is one of a kind. Love her!

It was so nice to see all the new Directors (so MANY of them!!) and isn't Scottie B AMAZING? I want to learn from her....she needs to do a workshop all on her own! Oh, yeah, Belinda was too much! I am saving my $$ to get the Step into Success CDs!

Last year I remember the workshop rooms being SO cold - I was FREEEEEEEEEEzing my tail off. I just heard from someone on the WLPC2 board that the workshop rooms were hot this year - is that true? If so I need to re-think everything I packed!!

Yes, that was probably me. I am hot by nature and I was DYING in the rooms this year, especially in the Belinda Elsworth one.

While the general sessions were in the Arie Crown Theatre in the Lakeside Center, all workshops were across Lake Shore Drive in the south building. So, after working up a sweat by walking over there, to sit in a room that was on the warm side was no fun! I brought a sweater and NEVER used it whereas I did use it last year when all our workshops were upstairs in the Lakeside Center.

I'm Home!
mrssyvo said:

I just rolled in about 11:45pm - everyone is asleep!! I did get 2 phone calls from my 8 year old on the way home though - for some reason he was VERY chatty - I think he missed me:) , that and he pulled a tooth out tonight!

Conference was great and it was fun to finally meet some of you in person to put a face with a name! Wave 2 & 3 enjoy yourselves - you'll be so excited and then so exhausted - but it is all worth it in the end!!! Can't wait to chat about everything with everybody next week!

Okay, you lucky Cheffers who have already attended National. Two questions that will help with my packing. On the Home Office tour, are the buses air conditioned? Do they serve any food (could it pass for Breakfast
on the 8AM, or lunch when it goes til 12:45PM). Did the bus get back in time for you to catch a bite before the 1:15 Workshops?

Did any of you attend a Franklin Covey Seminar, and did you need or wish you had brought your Organizer? I just don't want to pack the extra weight, if it will not get used.

I have a copy of the Empowering Women magazine. That too adds weight, and I'm wondering if I need to bring it, if they are giving us one FREE? You could just PM me, and tell me to leave it home, if it would be a duplicate. My e-mail is [email protected]
Thanks, in advance.

Grandmarita said:
Okay, you lucky Cheffers who have already attended National. Two questions that will help with my packing. On the Home Office tour, are the buses air conditioned? Do they serve any food (could it pass for Breakfast
on the 8AM, or lunch when it goes til 12:45PM). Did the bus get back in time for you to catch a bite before the 1:15 Workshops?

Did any of you attend a Franklin Covey Seminar, and did you need or wish you had brought your Organizer? I just don't want to pack the extra weight, if it will not get used.

I have a copy of the Empowering Women magazine. That too adds weight, and I'm wondering if I need to bring it, if they are giving us one FREE? You could just PM me, and tell me to leave it home, if it would be a duplicate. My e-mail is [email protected]
Thanks, in advance.

I was on the 6:45 home tour, and our "breakfast" was a bagel, cream cheese, peanut butter, yogurt, banana and oj. Have no clue what was on the other ones.

The buses were air conditioned, and when I needed it (hot flashes), just like on air planes, there is a thingy up above to have air on you. So that helped the 1 time I needed it. Otherwise I was very comfortable on the buses.

Leave your organizer at home if you want. You will not need it for the FC Seminars. I took mine, and after the first day (since my FC class was the first one of the day), it never left my hotel room.

If in doubt, leave it out.

No need to bring the mag. They are unveiling it at conference and everyone will have a chance to purchase a maximum of 2 packs of 5 magazines. They are not selling single copies as this is designed to be a marketing tool, for you to hand out to people. For those of you not attending conference, you will be able to purchase them on your supply order in packs of 5. PC is giving it to us for half the newsstand price, so don't run around town trying to secure multiple copies.

Okay, that's all the conference info I am giving, so PLEASE STOP PM-ing ME! I am going to respect Doris's request to keep the secret until Wave 3 is over. I will not tell!

On the Franklin Covey thing---leave it at home. At their seminars, they give you a very thorough handout to use.

Thanks, Deb, the Covey binder stays home.
Thanks, Debbie, re: the 6:45 Tour. Now, if anyone took the 8AM Tour, would they let us know what, if any Food, is included on that trip? My
hope is that it is lunch, on the way back to McCormick.

Last, did anyone hear or attend both Covey sessions to know how they differ?

What Seminar do you recommend, if I were able to substitute one of my
Covey's for another. I will be able to hear the Ellsworth woman, locally,
but it will cost $30 to 40, depending on whether I register early. Is she
worth the extra money or should I try to catch her while at Conference?

In fact, do they let you change your workshop assignments, once you have arrived?

Yes, they do allow you to change your workshops. At the time I registered, I was not a future director, and they let me change at conference to a workshop for FD's.

I am SO GLAD I took the recruiting with the Stars workshop, and the one on helping your recruits qualify. Both will Boost me to director.

Grandmarita said:
Thanks, Deb, the Covey binder stays home.
Thanks, Debbie, re: the 6:45 Tour. Now, if anyone took the 8AM Tour, would they let us know what, if any Food, is included on that trip? My
hope is that it is lunch, on the way back to McCormick.

Last, did anyone hear or attend both Covey sessions to know how they differ?

What Seminar do you recommend, if I were able to substitute one of my
Covey's for another. I will be able to hear the Ellsworth woman, locally,
but it will cost $30 to 40, depending on whether I register early. Is she
worth the extra money or should I try to catch her while at Conference?

In fact, do they let you change your workshop assignments, once you have arrived?

I wasn't on the 8:00 but in past years they have provided lunch on the way back.

Belinda is awesome!! I saw her 5 years ago at conf. and then locally about a year after that. I was in her session this year and she is still full of energy and information!! If you can see her locally (Step Up to Success??) I would take advantage of it, when she does a conf. class the time is limited - I know in our session she didn't have time to cover all that she wanted to (and she does talk fast!) So if her local session is longer it maybe worth your $$ to go local since she is controlling the time.

Have fun!!

mrssyvo said:
Yes, they do allow you to change your workshops. At the time I registered, I was not a future director, and they let me change at conference to a workshop for FD's.I am SO GLAD I took the recruiting with the Stars workshop, and the one on helping your recruits qualify. Both will Boost me to director.
I also changed my schedule because my on-line reg and the mail conf didn't match!!Which recruiting w/stars class were you in??

The 8 a.m. tour is the breakfast bag also.

I would go to Belinda b/c at our conference she tailors her talk specifically to us.

For Covey, you have to go to the first one before you can do the second. I HIGHLY recommend both of them. I did the first one last year and the second one this year and they were both incredible. The second one builds on the first one and you really can't take it without taking the first--it won't make sense.

DebbieJ said:

Oh bummer! I wish I would have seen you!!!:(

Harrle said:
Belinda is awesome!! If you can see her locally (Step Up to Success??) I would take advantage of it, when she does a conf. class the time is limited - I know in our session she didn't have time to cover all that she wanted to (and she does talk fast!) So if her local session is longer it maybe worth your $$ to go local since she is controlling the time.

Have fun!!

Yes, Belinda is great but the 75 minutes DOES NOT do her justice. I've seen her two or three times previous (and have her CD's) and I felt like she just could not get the information presented in this class.

Plan on seeing her locally because she'll really get the opportunity to shine.

I'm back. Plane ride from hell. My head is still spinning from the ride and an awesome conference. All I can say to y'all is the fall line is incredible!!! WooHoo!!!

As for classes:
Belinda Elsworth - you MUST take this one - she needs a ritalin she is so pumped up,
Recruiting With the Stars - very good, loved it.
Inside Scoop New Products and Recipes - Dont bother with this one. So many people were getting up and leaving it was not funny. Not a good speaker and everything she covered was already covered in the unveiling. We left half-way thru it. So - if you signed up for this, I would really consider changing to something else and I am not the only one who said this!!!

YES the rooms were hot. So much for packing a sweater. If you are a Director or above, there is a room with Director products from VIP. The line is very long and does not move fast. Dont go in there the first day, or get in line when it is not long.

Mystery Boxes are good but almost all contained discontinued bread tubes. I bought 2 packs of the Empowering Women magazine and stuck them in my box to ship home UPS. Those magazines are HEAVY!!!

That is all I can think of right now - I need coffee. PM me.

pamperedbecky said:
Oh bummer! I wish I would have seen you!!!:(

It was at Breakfast of Caring. You were at the table right in front of me and then took off too fast for me to catch you!

We'll have to meet up at Leadership! Or if I'm in your neck of the woods soon, we'll have to meet for coffee or something!

DebbieJ said:
It was at Breakfast of Caring. You were at the table right in front of me and then took off too fast for me to catch you!

We'll have to meet up at Leadership! Or if I'm in your neck of the woods soon, we'll have to meet for coffee or something!
Definitely, I'd love to meet up sometime. Too bad you didn't come sit at our table at BOC! Nobody else sat with Gina (on here) and I. And we were RIGHT in front!

Hope you had a good conference! I sure did!:D

DebbieJ said:
Yes, that was probably me. I am hot by nature and I was DYING in the rooms this year, especially in the Belinda Elsworth one.

While the general sessions were in the Arie Crown Theatre in the Lakeside Center, all workshops were across Lake Shore Drive in the south building. So, after working up a sweat by walking over there, to sit in a room that was on the warm side was no fun! I brought a sweater and NEVER used it whereas I did use it last year when all our workshops were upstairs in the Lakeside Center.

I AM SO GLAD YOU SAID THAT! I purposely packed warmer, summer outfits, if that makes sense. I swear I have been sweating since I arrived Wednesday. My hair was just disgusting and I showered TWICE a day!!!

1. What is "Back From Conference !!!!!"?

"Back From Conference !!!!!" is an event organized by Pampered Chef where consultants and leaders come together to celebrate their achievements, learn new skills, and get inspired with new ideas for their businesses.

2. When and where is "Back From Conference !!!!!" held?

The event is typically held in July or August and the location changes every year. This year, it will be held at the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center in Nashville, Tennessee from July 13-15.

3. Who can attend "Back From Conference !!!!!"?

Any active Pampered Chef consultant or leader can attend the event. This includes consultants who have reached the minimum sales requirement and leaders who have achieved certain team building milestones.

4. What can I expect at "Back From Conference !!!!!"?

At "Back From Conference !!!!!", you can expect to attend training sessions and workshops to improve your business skills, network with other consultants and leaders, and celebrate your achievements with recognition ceremonies and fun activities.

5. How can I register for "Back From Conference !!!!!"?

You can register for "Back From Conference !!!!!" through your Pampered Chef consultant website. The registration fee includes all event materials, meals, and accommodations at the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jj16
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
rbergwrightchef
  • raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
pkd09
Replies