• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What can I expect at my first Pampered Chef conference?

In summary, Kelley and Kristi enjoyed their first conference immensely. Kelley enjoyed the networking opportunities and Kristi enjoyed the classes and the surprise boxes. Chicago was a ball and Kelley met great people. The dinners with the Executive Director were well worth the investment. Doris is a role model for all and Kelley learned a lot from her. Kelley is looking forward to Wave 2 and is excited to meet other chefs. The piano bar sounds fun and Kelley is anxious to attend.
Kelley Sells
Woo Hoo....here we are again, a year later, this month is my 1st year anniversary of being a consultant, this time last year, I had just received my consultant kit and headed off to NH on school vacation and cooked up a storm....LOL....and I went to conference last year and it was the BEST experience ever and I can't WAIT to go this year.....I'm really looking forward to it...

If you have never gone, or your new to PC.....don't think TWICE about it.
Not only did I get to bond with my cluster members and other clusters in our area, I met really great people, learned VERY important information about PC and the classes where GREAT. Not to mention the SURPRISE BOXES....woo hoo, that was a BLAST and the SHOPPING SPREE....one of our cluster sisters won....it was INSANE.....

Chicago was a ball, had never been before.....

The dinners with the Executive Director....just too much to list, but it was WELL worth it.

And our "Doris" well, she is by far a role model for all. Such class and humbleness....well, I was just impressed.

So, book your flights....get out there and have a ball......

Ditto Kelley. My first show was Jan. 2006 and I also went to Conference. It was terrific. I made my $15,000 career sales and hit Level 1 of the incentives. Conference gives you such a high for when you get home. My head was whirling with ideas. I also am Wave 2 ... see you there.

I agree! I'll also be in Wave 2 and have already booked my flight!! I'm going and I better be walking as a director!!!!:D

Woo Hoo! I am with you Kristi!!! I need to recruit more people in 4 months!! WE CAN DO IT!!!!

Kelley Sells said:
Woo Hoo....here we are again, a year later, this month is my 1st year anniversary of being a consultant, this time last year, I had just received my consultant kit and headed off to NH on school vacation and cooked up a storm....LOL....and I went to conference last year and it was the BEST experience ever and I can't WAIT to go this year.....I'm really looking forward to it...

If you have never gone, or your new to PC.....don't think TWICE about it.
Not only did I get to bond with my cluster members and other clusters in our area, I met really great people, learned VERY important information about PC and the classes where GREAT. Not to mention the SURPRISE BOXES....woo hoo, that was a BLAST and the SHOPPING SPREE....one of our cluster sisters won....it was INSANE.....

Chicago was a ball, had never been before.....

The dinners with the Executive Director....just too much to list, but it was WELL worth it.

And our "Doris" well, she is by far a role model for all. Such class and humbleness....well, I was just impressed.

So, book your flights....get out there and have a ball......

DITTO to everything you said:D
BTW, where have you been??? I haven't seen you on here in ages!

LOL...Been in hiding...LOL....Real estate was AWEFUL this past year so I had to get back to full time work, started in Sept.....now I'm working 9-5 what a way to make a living....LOL...I REALLY liked making my own hours, so between that and RE I was a LITTTTLLLLEEEE lax at the PC stuff.....:eek: My bad.....

But I'm back, I'm calling, I'm emailing, I'm mailing, I'm wanting to get it going because I don't WANT to work full time anymore.....LOL....I MISSED you guys so much, so now I am clearing my plate, making my "work time" at home, and back on the board for ENCOURAGEMENT and SUPPORT....because you guys are THE BEST.......:D

Thanks for noticing I wasn't around....that makes me feel good....;)

Wave 2 is going to be FABULOUS with all these Cheffers in attendance. I can't wait!

Kelley, I remembered your profile picture, cause I always thought that looked like a great place to be:) (and I remember you always being bubbly;) )

...and what night are we all going to hit the piano bar during wave 2?!?!?!?

Everyone has told me how great conference is for boosting your business and since I want to go on a trip this year I'm counting on this to help me close out my year well! One of the best things about conference is going to be looking for other cheffers!!

The Piano Bar?Sat. night so we're really tired and draggy on our flight home....LOL......
I didn't get to go last year because I was MISERABLY SICK.....LOL...I'm going this year if they have to DRAG my dead body there.....LOL......

Hi Lacy.....Thanks for remembering me....that pic was actually from ARUBA during our Honeymoon.....SWEET.....so everytime I see that I just daydream.....LOL....glad you enjoy it.....:D :D :D

Ok when is this again..the 12th-14th...so you should fly on the 11th right. I have been trying to ignore all this because I don't think I can go...but let me try to figure this out

Jill,
Trish & Roseanne and I all booked to fly out of here about 4pm on the 11th and head back around 7pm on the 14th. COME WITH US!!! There's room for one more in our room!!!

dannyzmom said:
Jill,
Trish & Roseanne and I all booked to fly out of here about 4pm on the 11th and head back around 7pm on the 14th. COME WITH US!!! There's room for one more in our room!!!

Really? :( Oh Lord...My audit is the 11th. I really really need to find out if I can switch this damn thing................:( :( :(
Where are you guys staying? Kevin talked about going..He has always wanted to go to Chicago...but those hotel prices are just crazy for just us right now. Maybe when I start making more money with PC..I can save up for a trip for us.
UM UM UM...let me figure this out...(Scurrring)

wee!I just became a consultant today but I won't get my kit or have my 1st show till the 20th. I live in the bay area but I haven't heard about conference yet from my recruiter...I wonder if she will talk about it tomorrow at the cluster meeting....its all so new!!

Conference sounds like it is really fun. I didn't go last year but really wanted to go this year but I CAN"T. At my FT job only one of us can be gone at a time. One of the PT gals put in for vacation for that whole week at the beginning of Jan, just a couple of days before I was going to. I tried talking to my boss but she is such a b---- that she won't let me go. I really need to get my butt in gear with PC so I can be my own boss. So everyone have a great time and I can't wait to hear back from all of you.

Jilleysue said:
Really? :( Oh Lord...My audit is the 11th. I really really need to find out if I can switch this damn thing................:( :( :(
Where are you guys staying? Kevin talked about going..He has always wanted to go to Chicago...but those hotel prices are just crazy for just us right now. Maybe when I start making more money with PC..I can save up for a trip for us.
UM UM UM...let me figure this out...(Scurrring)

You could get away with flying in on the 12th early in the morning.
We haven't booked the hotel yet as HO has not yet announced the conference hotels. We've always stayed @ the Sheraton Towers in the past though. Evan's staying home thjis year - it's just WAY too much money to bring him - flight & hotel...at least if I am rooming with other consultants, the hotel rate gets cut in fourths...makes a HUGE difference.

I'm in that wave too! I am praying and planning on being there... I want to meet all of you!

dannyzmom said:
You could get away with flying in on the 12th early in the morning.
We haven't booked the hotel yet as HO has not yet announced the conference hotels. We've always stayed @ the Sheraton Towers in the past though. Evan's staying home thjis year - it's just WAY too much money to bring him - flight & hotel...at least if I am rooming with other consultants, the hotel rate gets cut in fourths...makes a HUGE difference.

I could fly in the early morning...really? What time does everything start? I really don't want to switch the audit if I don't have to..don't want to make myself look bad..ya know. Would be a hectic week..but I would better under pressure...LOL. I'll have to talk to Kevin about all this this weekend.:rolleyes:

Absolutely you could fly in on the first morning! The first session is usually early afternoon so you would make it fine!

Oh well wait though....the audit is done at around 4 or 5, I wonder if packed my bags, if there would be a flight later. It's a straight shot from here, so I would much rather be there the night before, then scurry off a plane in the morning....HMMMM..thinking thinking

April...you can request a different conference week than the one you are suppose to attend. You will have to send a letter with your registration asking for a different time because your work vacation is...whatever the date...Ho will switch it for you. It is more fun going with people you know, but the last time I went, I went all alone and met a lot of great people. Figure out when you can go and maybe someone here can hook up with you and share a room and stuff.

Jilleysue said:
Oh well wait though....the audit is done at around 4 or 5, I wonder if packed my bags, if there would be a flight later. It's a straight shot from here, so I would much rather be there the night before, then scurry off a plane in the morning....HMMMM..thinking thinking

You could probably find a late flight into O'Hare...I do believe there was one more flight leaving Ft Lauderdale after ours...I wanna say it was like 7pm-ish maybe?

Or do an early morning...either way you'll be there in time for Conference...I don't believe opening session starts til 1:45? So you'd want to get into O'Hare around 10-11am to give yourself enough titm eto get your luggage, get to the hotel, get washed up and get over to the conference center. Once tehre you just call any one of us on our cell #s and we'll meet up.

My mind is going a mile a minute. What does the rooms usually for the trip if there were 4 of us in there? I AM GOING TO THAT DAMN PIANO BAR...BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Jilleysue said:
My mind is going a mile a minute. What does the rooms usually for the trip if there were 4 of us in there? I AM GOING TO THAT DAMN PIANO BAR...BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Last year the Sheraton was $156 a night...so divide that by 4 it's just under $40 a night per person. The piano bar has no cover charge (although you are not allowed in with sneakers on - Evan had to go back to the hotel and change last year - LOL) and all you pay for is drinks and how ever much you want to pay the pianist to play your songs (by the end of the night I was having to give him $5 to play my Barry Manilow songs - LOL)

Did he do "THE DANCE" to Barry??? BAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh Ok...so
About 165 for Plane
175 for conference
$40 X 3 Nights of Hotel
Total=$460.00

Then SPENDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HMMMMMMM.....Much cheaper than if Kevin went.....Oh god...my mind is gona blow up it is turning so much....

and it's mostly all deductible!!!!!!!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh Ahaha...true!!! You Guys Rule!

Jilleysue said:
Did he do "THE DANCE" to Barry??? BAHAHAHAHAHA!

No, he was too busy babysitting his drunk wife. ROFL
(I am NOT drinking at conference this summer...I swear - LOL)

quiverfull7 said:
and it's mostly all deductible!!!!!!!

<y accountant had me deduct ALL of it - including the little dress I bought to wear at the Director's Special Event (you can see me in it if you go thru the slide-show of last year's conf pics on CC)

dannyzmom said:
No, he was too busy babysitting his drunk wife. ROFL
(I am NOT drinking at conference this summer...I swear - LOL)

Well than forget it...I am not going....LOL:D

dannyzmom said:
<y accountant had me deduct ALL of it - including the little dress I bought to wear at the Director's Special Event (you can see me in it if you go thru the slide-show of last year's conf pics on CC)

WHICH WAVE???????

Ginger428 said:
WHICH WAVE???????

Ummm - I think we were three last year - I may have saved the pic to my harddrive...gimme a sec...it was wave 3, day 3 - last picture in teh slide show - I am the 3rd fro mthe left - petite brunette in a navy blue dress. Lemme see if I can get it to paste here...

Attachments

• m20.jpg
    m20.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 315
dannyzmom said:
Ummm - I think we were three last year - I may have saved the pic to my harddrive...gimme a sec...it was wave 3, day 3 - last picture in teh slide show - I am the 3rd fro mthe left - petite brunette in a navy blue dress. Lemme see if I can get it to paste here...

YOU GO GIRL.......

Attachments

• WooHooDancingText.gif
    WooHooDancingText.gif
    28.2 KB · Views: 386
Ginger428 said:
YOU GO GIRL.......

LOL - thanks - the angle of the picture makes my legs look all mangled - LOL - we were doing the can-can thing...

We'll do it this year, but with a different bunch of Gals.....;) ;) ;)

Ginger428 said:
We'll do it this year, but with a different bunch of Gals.....;) ;) ;)

And at the piano bar!!!! Singing "I write the songs that make the whole world sing...I write the songs of love and special things...I write the songs that make the young girls cry...I write the songs, I write the songs..."

That poor pianist is going to see me walk in the door this summer and crawl under his piano - LOL

Did you gals say Midway was the better air port to fly into?

Jilleysue said:
Did you gals say Midway was the better air port to fly into?

I found midway to be way more convenient - but bot hthis year and last I got way better prices flying into O'Hare

dannyzmom said:
I found midway to be way more convenient - but bot hthis year and last I got way better prices flying into O'Hare

When are you flying in Carolyn? Are they other clustermates on your flight?

Yah Carolyn what flight did you get and who is stayiing with you?

Jilleysue said:
Yah Carolyn what flight did you get and who is stayiing with you?

we're flying on United on the 11th at 4ish out of Ft Lau into OHare...leaving to come home Saturday on a 7ish United flight from OHare into Ft Laud...

So far on the flight are me, Trish, Roseanne, Kelly & Kristin.
Rooming in our room so far are me, Trish & Roseanne

So you're leaving at 4ish or arriving at 4ish? I'll be arriving at noon!:eek:

dannyzmom said:
we're flying on United on the 11th at 4ish out of Ft Lau into OHare...leaving to come home Saturday on a 7ish United flight from OHare into Ft Laud...

Kelly and Kristin??? I am getting faces confused with names.

The flight I am looking at leaves at 7:30 on the 11th so we wouldn't be there till 11, but I guess that would be ok. Better than flying in the morning. I hate mornings. Yeah I just checked and this one flys into OHare as well. Kevin really wants to site see, so I think we may stay till Sunday. He has always wanted to go to Chicago. What hotel are you at? or you don't know that yet..you just know you 3 are splitting it.

Are there other people that go to our meeting that are going that aren't in the Kraham cluster?

dannyzmom said:

I have to go p/u the kilds so if u want the details call my cell

Oh, I would, but at work.. got the big guys walking in and out. Can't sneak PC talk right now. Only sneak typing....LOL

Jilleysue said:
Kelly and Kristin??? I am getting faces confused with names.

The flight I am looking at leaves at 7:30 on the 11th so we wouldn't be there till 11, but I guess that would be ok. Better than flying in the morning. I hate mornings. Yeah I just checked and this one flys into OHare as well. Kevin really wants to site see, so I think we may stay till Sunday. He has always wanted to go to Chicago. What hotel are you at? or you don't know that yet..you just know you 3 are splitting it.

Are there other people that go to our meeting that are going that aren't in the Kraham cluster?

Ok - just left you a voicemail on your cell with my flight info.
Hotels have not yet been announced but as soon as they are we'll book - we try to make sure the whole cluster is in the same hotel. We know the three of us are splitting th ehotel...and we have room for a 4th if Kevin decides not to come, you could room with us, or Cecilia may room with us - she's still working out travel details.

There are people at our meeting who are "hospitality" in other words they are not part of our cluster but their director lives far away so they come to our meetings...Brandilyn and Carolyn S are both hospitality consultants.

<h2>1. What is the purpose of a Pampered Chef conference?</h2><p>The Pampered Chef conference is a yearly event that brings together consultants from all over the country for a weekend of learning, networking, and fun. It is an opportunity to learn new skills, get inspired, and connect with other consultants and the company's leadership team.</p><h2>2. What types of classes are offered at the conference?</h2><p>There are a variety of classes offered at the conference, covering topics such as new product demonstrations, business building strategies, and cooking techniques. These classes are designed to help consultants improve their skills and grow their business.</p><h2>3. Can I expect to meet other consultants at the conference?</h2><p>Absolutely! The conference is a great opportunity to meet and connect with other consultants from all over the country. You will have the chance to share ideas, learn from each other, and build relationships with other members of the Pampered Chef community.</p><h2>4. Are there any special events or activities at the conference?</h2><p>Yes, there are many special events and activities at the conference. These may include dinners with the company's leadership team, surprise boxes filled with new products, and a shopping spree with exclusive discounts. These events are designed to make the conference a fun and memorable experience for all attendees.</p><h2>5. How can attending the conference benefit me as a consultant?</h2><p>The conference offers a wealth of information and resources that can benefit consultants in their business. You will learn new skills, get inspired, and gain valuable knowledge and insights from the company's leadership team and other consultants. It is also a great opportunity to network and build relationships with other consultants, which can lead to future collaborations and success in your business.</p>

1. What is the purpose of a Pampered Chef conference?

The Pampered Chef conference is a yearly event that brings together consultants from all over the country for a weekend of learning, networking, and fun. It is an opportunity to learn new skills, get inspired, and connect with other consultants and the company's leadership team.

2. What types of classes are offered at the conference?

There are a variety of classes offered at the conference, covering topics such as new product demonstrations, business building strategies, and cooking techniques. These classes are designed to help consultants improve their skills and grow their business.

3. Can I expect to meet other consultants at the conference?

Absolutely! The conference is a great opportunity to meet and connect with other consultants from all over the country. You will have the chance to share ideas, learn from each other, and build relationships with other members of the Pampered Chef community.

4. Are there any special events or activities at the conference?

Yes, there are many special events and activities at the conference. These may include dinners with the company's leadership team, surprise boxes filled with new products, and a shopping spree with exclusive discounts. These events are designed to make the conference a fun and memorable experience for all attendees.

5. How can attending the conference benefit me as a consultant?

The conference offers a wealth of information and resources that can benefit consultants in their business. You will learn new skills, get inspired, and gain valuable knowledge and insights from the company's leadership team and other consultants. It is also a great opportunity to network and build relationships with other consultants, which can lead to future collaborations and success in your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Candice
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • ChefBeckyD