• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Baby It's Cold Outside.........

In summary, Janet reports that it is cold outside and she wishes it would snow so that it would be warmer. She has a wood stove in her basement that her DH remodeled. Gas is cheaper than electric and she would be lost without it.
amy07
....and that means it is time to fire up the woodstove!! And for those of you who now know about my "box piling filing" system:eek:, that means the office is getting cleaned up!:D:D I'm proud to report 1 box down........or is that up, as in up in smoke!!

I wish I had a wood stove. Definitly saves on the heat bill.

Not only does it save on the heat bill, it's the warmest heat there is. Gas would be second and electric third. I have gas heat in my house and when I go into a house with electric heat I FREEZE. My parents have a woodstove and I happily sit beside it until I am toasty and ready to melt like a marshmallow and then I move away until I am cool enough to do it all over again.:)

Ha! I need to do that too, Amy! Our woodstove is right next to my office - DH would be thrilled if the path was wider the the woodstove!:D

Ah, yeah, been burning wood for weeks now. It's been under 10 degrees all week here and plenty of snow coming down.

I would never survive "Up North", Janet! It's been in the 20s and 30s here and I'm freezing all the time inside!

Just think what our Canadian neighbors live with! I'm in Florida compared to them!

The high temperature here yesterday was 6 !! And yes, the wood stove is our friend during these cold Vermont winters!

pattikake said:
The high temperature here yesterday was 6 !! And yes, the wood stove is our friend during these cold Vermont winters!

Oh, goodness, that takes me back. My great grandmother lived in Vermont, and had a woodstove in her kitchen. As her stove. When we would visit, we thought it was the neatest thing to have to cook like pioneers did.

My grandparents had one on their farm. Us kids would always sit on the brick around it to stay warm. My sister has one in their basement that they use for heat, last Saturday at her jewelry party is was so hot in the house she had to open the windows!

We have had a pretty warm winter so far.... only snowed twice! compared to last year this is great, we had the 5th worst winter here since they've been keeping records!
But it's coming!!! This weekend shows a huge shift... we are suppossed to get dumped on Friday and Saturday and then starting Sunday and through next week... our highs will be near 10 and our lows in the single digits....
I don't like it when it's that cold.... especially trying to keep my kids warm.... I will no doubt pick both my kids up from school next week... I usually let my 12 year old walk home, but not when it's that cold!:eek:

We haven't been too bad lately, but we are just in the 20's and 30's but the news said we are suppose to be getting snow I wish it would hurry up and snow cause around her after it snows it warms up a bit and is a tab bit better. We have gas and I would be lost without it if we had to have electric. I can't have wood cause of my asmtha which sucks.

We have a wood stove in our basement. My DH grandmother remodeled and she let us have the big woodstove that was in her livingroom. It heats our entire house all winter. Our gas bill used to be $700- 900 a each fillup and now it is only like $200-300 each fill up because we don't use it with the wood stove going. ( and we don't have to buy wood because grma has 100 acres for us to go through and take the old dead fallen trees to cut up :) Love my woodstove!

ChefBeckyD said:
Ha! I need to do that too, Amy! Our woodstove is right next to my office - DH would be thrilled if the path was wider the the woodstove!:D

why is it that you are the only one who got my "business tip"?;):D

Note to self: do this when DH is at work so that he does not open up stove and sees what I am doing! He thinks I was VERY busy yesterday "filing".:angel:

amy07 said:

Note to self: do this when DH is at work so that he does not open up stove and sees what I am doing! He thinks I was VERY busy yesterday "filing".:angel:

Oh - that just made me spit hot tea out my nose!

That is hilarious! I get your tip, because we have the same "filing" methods!:D:p

Speaking of Grandma - say "hi" to the one I know please!!!!

amy07 said:

I got it, I'm just in denial of my clutter basement right now.

Related to Baby It's Cold Outside.........

1. What is the purpose of the "Baby It's Cold Outside...." product?

The "Baby It's Cold Outside...." product is a versatile drinkware set that is designed to keep your hot beverages hot and your cold beverages cold for longer periods of time.

2. What is included in the "Baby It's Cold Outside...." set?

The set includes two 16-ounce stainless steel tumblers, two 20-ounce stainless steel tumblers, and two 12-ounce stainless steel wine tumblers. It also comes with a reusable silicone straw and a cleaning brush.

3. Can I use the "Baby It's Cold Outside...." tumblers for both hot and cold beverages?

Yes, the tumblers are designed to keep both hot and cold beverages at their desired temperatures. The double-wall, vacuum-sealed insulation helps to maintain the temperature of your drink for hours.

4. Are the "Baby It's Cold Outside...." tumblers dishwasher safe?

Yes, the tumblers are dishwasher safe, but we recommend hand washing the silicone straw and cleaning brush for long-lasting use.

5. What is the warranty for the "Baby It's Cold Outside...." product?

The product comes with a one-year warranty against any defects in materials or workmanship. If you encounter any issues with your tumblers, please contact our customer service for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ksartain
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • pcsharon1