• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Asparagus: The Herb Keeper's April Special

In summary, the conversation was about the herb keeper, a product that helps keep herbs fresh for a longer period of time. Many participants were initially skeptical about the product, but after using it, they were impressed with its effectiveness. Some shared personal experiences of using the herb keeper to keep herbs like asparagus, parsley, cilantro, and dill fresh for weeks. Some even mentioned buying multiple herb keepers for their own use. Overall, the conversation showed a positive reception towards the herb keeper.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I forgot why I like the herb keeper so much and since it's going to be the guest special in April, thought I'd share.:love: I don't really use it for herbs but DH and I love asparagus. I went to Costco last weekend and bought 2 1/2 pounds of asparagus. We ate half of it the first night we got it and put the rest in the herb keeper. I forgot about it until today (9 days later). I pulled it out of the fridge thinking it would have to go into the trash. Low and behold, we are having asparagus for dinner tonight. You could tell by the water level that the asparagus had drank almost all of it. You are supposed to put fresh water in it every day but it looked really good. So I'm baking it on the bar pan with the garlic canola oil (thanks for who ever recommended using it for veggies) and a little salt and pepper! Should be very good!

I wasn't excited about this product at all, BUT I have to say I am impressed !
I bought some parsley (way too much) for my holiday openhouse back in December (5th to be exact) I finally threw it out last week because I was sick of looking at it in the fridge, I swear it looked almost as good as the day I bought it. Of course I changed the water or had to refill it a few times but wow! 2 full months

i have to agree, i didn't want this product, i thought it was kinda dumb, then i got it and WOW, it really keeps the asparagus fresh forever. that's the only thing we use it for and we also really love asparagus as often as possible

I love it for cilantro! It would never keep very long when I kept it in a plastic bag, but in the herb keeper, I swear it lasts for about 3 weeks. I make fresh salsa all of the time now.

Hmm....wonder where my Herb Keeper is. I just bought some fresh cilantro.

DebbieJ said:
Hmm....wonder where my Herb Keeper is. I just bought some fresh cilantro.

LOL-I was just thinking the same thing for some parsley I bought. I'm off to search...

I thought the same thing when it came out. I earned it in the mid-season stuff and I also got one in a door prize drawing. I use both of them very often.

I have to agree... I thought it was just another gadget. I was not very excited about it. I bought some dill last summer and decided to stick it in the herb keeper. I then forgot about it and 3 weeks later I remembered the dill and I was astonished to find that the dill was still in good condition. I am almost tempted to buy another one.

do you think you could store fresh cillantro and fresh parsley together in it? I have both and they both are sitting in the bags right now, which to save???

No idea on storing both.

I also pooh-poohed the herb keeper, when it came out. Just got it out of storage & had to take the coffee clip/scoop out of it.

I will see if it revives my sad cilantro.

I have a customer who has orderd 6 of them from me in the last 4 months! Guess I need to get one now.

1. What is the April Special for the Herb Keeper?

The April Special for the Herb Keeper is "Asparagus"! This means that the Herb Keeper will come with a special recipe and tips for storing and using asparagus.

2. How can I use the Herb Keeper to store asparagus?

The Herb Keeper is designed to keep herbs and produce fresh for longer periods of time. To store asparagus, simply trim the ends and stand them upright in the Herb Keeper with an inch of water. Change the water every few days for optimal freshness.

3. Can I purchase the Herb Keeper and the asparagus separately?

Yes, you can purchase the Herb Keeper and asparagus separately. However, the April Special offers a discounted price for purchasing them together, along with the added bonus of a special recipe and tips.

4. How long will the asparagus stay fresh in the Herb Keeper?

The asparagus will stay fresh for about 1-2 weeks when stored in the Herb Keeper. However, it is recommended to consume them within a week for the best flavor and texture.

5. Is the Herb Keeper dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Herb Keeper is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. Just make sure to remove any remaining asparagus before placing it in the dishwasher.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefsarah
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kkimpinski
  • cookingwithlove
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies