• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Well Does the Herb Keeper Work??

In summary, a group of people discuss their experiences with the Herb Keeper, a product designed to keep fresh herbs and vegetables. They share their success stories using it for various herbs and vegetables, such as asparagus and garlic. Some express skepticism about its effectiveness, while others highly recommend it.
pampchefsarah
Gold Member
So, a few days ago I snipped some Sweet Basil, Purple Basil, and Sage from my herb garden, and placed them in the Herb Keeper with a little water so I could use them that night in the chicken salad I made with the left-overs from the 30 Minute Chicken (by the way, if you haven't tried this yet, plan it for Sunday Dinner - it's fabulous!!).

I ended up not using the fresh herbs, and they've been in the keeper ever since. I just picked it up to see how they're doing, in case I want to use them tonight . . . not only are they still just-picked-fresh, but the Sweet Basil is actually producing flowers! (The plant outside isn't even doing that!).

The Herb Keeper smells really good, too!!

Sarah

I dont really use mine, but you just reminded me I have some basil I could put in it!! I will give it another try!

Sounds like another item I need to purchase. I'm gonna need a bigger kitchen!

I just ordered on, can't wait to get it :)

Kitchen Diva said:
show off! ;)

I'm getting mine before yours nah, nah, nah, nah... Isn't that my job as big sister, to show off???
;) :love:

Thanks for the reminder. I had asparagus in mine from an Amish friend, who
gave it to me on June 4th. It was still just as fresh as the first day. It has
been added to our dinner menu. Can you imagine having it still fresh after
ten days??? I love the Herb keeper for Asparagus.

I have to admit I'd have to see that to believe it, because I find Asparagus tastes over only a day after being picked. It's one of those things that has to be eaten immediately.

I never have used mine........ I just don't get it - I buy my stuff and use it as I get it. Kinda reminded me of tupperware and I am not a tupperware person. Maybe if I tried it I would love it like the rest of our stuff.

I find it amazing! I have a customer who says it's the best thing she's ever seen for keeping asparagus.

I have to admit I didn't know how to use it properly (flipping the smaller part over onto the larger) and so I never liked it. I'm warming up to it slowly.
A director I know uses it to take chips and salsa in it (can't figure that out yet) or grapes and carrots to the park while her son is playing.

I absolutely love mine, the one thing you have to watch when using it is that you do not get any of the leaves of the herbs in the water only the stems or the leaves get slimy. I have had cilantro in there for 2 weeks and it is still good.

This is the absolute best for asparagus. It keeps fresh for over a week. Pretty good for fresh herbs as well.

I don't have much luck with mine. Are you supposed to put the lid on it to store in the fridge or leave it off?

I use mine for garlic as well, it keeps the cloves healthy for a nice long time. Rosemary and cilantro also do well the the keeper.

LOVE IT!!!!!!!! Okay, sorry but we use our all the time! Most of the time for asparagus. I have two so when I get a batch from the store (like today) they get split in two batches and stored in the fridge. Once I found some in the back of my fridge that had been there for two weeks. I remember thinking "crap, I just wasted my money again". I pulled it out to throw it away and it was still as good as new! I know you are supposed to change the water every day or every other day but it was still good. We also use it for cilantro or basil. Most recipes only call for a little but the store sells alot so keeping it fresh longer really helps out!

I had a customer love hers so much she HAD to get a 2nd one. I've not got my own yet but plan on it soon. I hate when I get fresh herbs and they go bad so quickly.

I wonder if this is a product we may get in our new catelogue. We get stuff that is doing well in America.

twinkie10 said:
I don't have much luck with mine. Are you supposed to put the lid on it to store in the fridge or leave it off?

You're supposed to put the lid on.

I didn't like mine at all. I sold mine to a friend.

raebates said:
You're supposed to put the lid on.
I think it depends on what you are doing with it. Some fresh herbs that you put on your counter top instead of the fridge you want to leave the lid off so they can get sun light also.

When this first came out I thought it was weird and just some other gadget that wasn't needed. I got one in a Sample Pack and earned another one in a door prize drawing at my cluster meeting. After getting two of them I thought I would at least try one out and give the other away as an incentive. Well now they are both in my fridge and get used alot.

pamperedthorpe said:
I have to admit I'd have to see that to believe it, because I find Asparagus tastes over only a day after being picked. It's one of those things that has to be eaten immediately.
Yum and I love to just drizzle EVVO over mine and sprinkle with kosher salt then roast in oven on stoneware. Delicious!

PamperedDor said:
I never have used mine........ I just don't get it - I buy my stuff and use it as I get it. Kinda reminded me of tupperware and I am not a tupperware person. Maybe if I tried it I would love it like the rest of our stuff.

I generally eat my veggies fresh, too. But the cool thing about the herb keeper is that when you buy a punch of cilantro, or whatever, you can actually keep it for a good period of time (I kept one bunch and worked off it for a month!) and it stays good.

A customer clued me into the asparagus feature. I am trying that today as I am buying several bunches of asparagus today.

LOVE the herb keeper and I would have bet money that I wouldn't have.

I have an herb garden--and just go outside and pick herbs fresh.However, I use the keeper for asparagus, celery, carrots and parsnips (which are pricey here when available). I've also used it to take dry 'snack foods' to work. Fits in my tote bag easily.

I love my herb keeper. I used to buy fresh parsley, cilantro etc from the store...take it home, prepare it for the fridge like Rachel Ray said to, and two days later when I went to use it, the stuff was BAD!! I've had herbs stay fresh in the herb keeper for over 3 weeks!! I love that I don't have to waste money trying to use fresh herbs anymore because they last so well!

Evelynt said:
Yum and I love to just drizzle EVVO over mine and sprinkle with kosher salt then roast in oven on stoneware. Delicious!
Add some diced, cooked pancetta to that and it is even yummier! :)

Oh, I love mine! I use it to keep cilantro, it keeps it fresh for weeks.

Works great for celery too. If you happen to forget a package of celery in your fridge and it goes limp; just wash it and put it in the herb keeper. It will get nice and crunchy again! I usually wash and put my celery in it as soon as I bring it home from the store. (Ready for a quick snack)

1. How does the herb keeper keep herbs fresh?

The herb keeper uses a unique design that allows for proper air circulation and moisture control, which helps to keep herbs fresher for longer periods of time.

2. Can I use the herb keeper for all types of herbs?

Yes, the herb keeper is designed to work with a variety of herbs, including delicate herbs like cilantro and parsley, as well as heartier herbs like rosemary and thyme.

3. How often do I need to change the water in the herb keeper?

We recommend changing the water in the herb keeper every 2-3 days to ensure maximum freshness for your herbs.

4. Will the herb keeper fit in my refrigerator?

Yes, the herb keeper is designed to fit comfortably in most refrigerators and takes up minimal space.

5. How long can I expect my herbs to stay fresh in the herb keeper?

The herb keeper can help to extend the life of your herbs for up to 2 weeks, depending on the type of herb and how well you maintain the herb keeper.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dancedivine
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
JDooley
  • LBurke
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • cookingwithlove