• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Asking for a Hwc Without Offending

In summary, the woman from church is a breast cancer survivor and is interested in doing a fundraiser. Monica suggested holding the fundraiser at the church and co-hosting it with her.
monica_sweetconsultant
Silver Member
Hey everyone,

I have a lady that I go to church with that is a breast cancer survivor. I have known her for years. I was thinking about asking her to maybe do a fundraiser since she was a survivor but not sure how to approach her without sounding callous or greedy. she knows I sell PC. she came and stayed for a little while at one of my shows but has never placed an order and refuses to have a cooking show. she did a PL show one time and the lady almost caught her carpet on fire. since then she doesnt do home parties. how would all of you go about approaching her? I know the best way to do it is just ask but this is a sensitive subject for some!! thanks

Monica,

I just made one of these calls to a woman from church! She was diagnosed last fall and is doing great.

When I started my biz last summer, I had called her to host and she said no.

This is how our call went:
Hi Donna, I know when I talked to you a while back about hosting a show, you weren't interested. Well, I wanted to tell you about what is going on in May. For the 7th year, we are commemorating our Help Whip Cancer month. We have special products available in the month of May only (describe host and guest specials) and for each one purchased, $1 is donated to ACS. Last year we raised $1 million. (pause) How does that sound to you?

Of course, I left spaces for her to respond and she sounded interested. I pointed out that it was a really easy way to help raise some money for a good cause. She said she would put out some feelers and see what her friends thought.

I asked her--if she were to have a party, which day of the week would work for her. She said Thursday and I told her I had only two Thursdays open on my calendar. I think that lit a fire under her a little.

We're supposed to touch base next week.

I was shaking the whole time, but it went really well!

co hostPerhaps you could suggest holding it at the church instead of at her house. You and she could co-host so that you could invite all sorts of people from church. Also, the idea of doing a fundraiser might appeal to her. Some people just don't care about the stuff so need another motive. Is she walking in relay for life or on the board of some organization that she is passionate about? This is how I got my mom to do a party (of course guilting her helped)...BEE

I had thought about co hosting it and then seeing if she wanted to carry a catalog around with her for a couple of weeks to get more orders. I might talk to her tonight since I will see her at drama practice. thanks for the tips.

Hi there,I completely understand your concern about approaching your friend for a fundraiser. It's important to be sensitive and respectful in these situations. One way to approach her could be to simply express your admiration for her strength and resilience as a breast cancer survivor. You could then mention that you are looking for ways to give back and support those affected by cancer, and that you thought a fundraiser with Pampered Chef could be a great way to do so. Emphasize that there is no pressure and that you completely understand if she is not comfortable or interested. Your main goal should be to show your support and offer her the opportunity to be involved if she chooses. I hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck with your fundraiser. Let me know if there is anything I can do to assist. Take care.

1. How do I politely ask for a Hwc without offending?

One way to ask for a Hwc (hostess without cooking) without offending is to simply explain your situation and respectfully request to be placed with a different hostess. You can also offer to help with other aspects of the party to show your appreciation.

2. Is it rude to ask for a Hwc?

No, it is not rude to ask for a Hwc. It is a common practice in the direct sales industry and is meant to accommodate those who may not have the time or resources to host a party.

3. Can I request a Hwc before the party invitation is sent out?

It is best to wait until the party invitation has been sent out before requesting a Hwc. This allows the hostess to have an accurate count of guests and may make it easier for her to accommodate your request.

4. Will asking for a Hwc affect the hostess's benefits?

No, asking for a Hwc will not affect the hostess's benefits. In fact, it may even benefit her as she will have one less person to provide refreshments for.

5. What should I do if I am offered a Hwc but I am still able to attend the party?

If you are able to attend the party, it is best to decline the Hwc offer and attend as a regular guest. This allows the hostess to receive the full benefits of having a party and shows your support for her business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • ValM2010