• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are your kids ready to join you in the kitchen?

In summary, the appropriate age for children to start helping in the kitchen varies depending on their maturity level. To get them interested, involve them in meal planning and make cooking a fun activity. Safety should always be a concern and there are many easy recipes kids can make with adult supervision. Cooking with children can have many benefits, such as teaching life skills and fostering creativity.
etteluap70PC
Gold Member
Hi there, I get emails from a meal planning site and this weeks was about kids in the kitchen. I thought some of you might be interested. I can not remember if you will need to be a member of the site to view but I will post the link anyway.

Kids in the Kitchen

Thank you, Paulette. I am doing a family friendly show tomorrow night so this is perfect for my host. You are awesome!

Aww... welll... Shucks... I was just sharing like we all do.

You are verry welcome!

Thank you Paulette! This is great! :)

that's great Paulette. Thanks for posting it :)

Related to Are your kids ready to join you in the kitchen?

1. What age is appropriate for kids to start helping in the kitchen?

It really depends on the child and their maturity level. Some children may be ready to help in the kitchen as young as 2 or 3 years old, while others may not be ready until they are older. It's important to assess each child individually and start with simple tasks like washing fruits and vegetables or stirring ingredients.

2. How can I get my child interested in helping in the kitchen?

One way to get kids interested in helping in the kitchen is to involve them in meal planning. Ask them what they would like to eat and have them help pick out recipes. You can also make cooking a fun and interactive activity by playing music, using colorful utensils, and letting them taste different ingredients as you cook.

3. Are there any safety concerns I should be aware of when cooking with kids?

Yes, safety should always be a top priority when cooking with kids. Make sure to teach them about proper knife handling and never leave them unattended around hot stoves or ovens. It's also important to use age-appropriate tools and supervise them closely while they are cooking.

4. What are some easy recipes for kids to make?

There are many simple and delicious recipes that kids can make with adult supervision. Some ideas include homemade pizza, tacos, smoothies, and pasta dishes. You can also find kid-friendly recipes online or in cookbooks specifically designed for children.

5. How can cooking with my child benefit them?

Cooking with kids can have many benefits, including teaching them important life skills, fostering creativity, and building confidence. It can also be a great bonding activity and a way to introduce them to new foods and flavors. Plus, children are more likely to try and enjoy foods that they have helped prepare themselves.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pampered Laura
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Pampered Laura
  • kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • jkendall