• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are You Doing Interactive Shows?

In summary, the author of this summary seems to be having mixed results with her interactive shows. Some guests have enjoyed them, while others have not. She also feels that she doesn't talk enough about the products themselves and that she doesn't feel like the time she spends on the show is actually shortened, but instead lengthened.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I started doing interactive shows in February after it was announced. I'm getting mixed reviews from my guests and also from myself! I have a host for Friday who asked if we had to cook during the show like the one she was at. I've had guests who don't want to participate or make the comment about "having to cook!". I myself am running into things I don't like. I feel like I don't talk much about the products themselves. I hate washing dishes afterwards. And I don't feel like it's shortened my show time but rather elongated it.

What I used to do was get to the host's house early and prepare the recipe before hand, wash the products and then just talk about the products during the show. I do like actually cooking during my shows so that the guests can see how it's made but I prefer the way I used to do my shows. I also haven't noticed an increase in bookings, sales or recruiting.

Just figured I would see how successful they are for anyone.

I do a mix depending on the recipe, what the host wants, and how many people are coming.

I tried the interactive shows a few times, and they're just not for me. My hosts/guests seem to prefer "the old me."

I do the interactive shows and have a love/hate relatationship with them. I make sure the host knows about what we'll be doing and I do ask her if she thinks her guests would be willing to help out. And, I do ask the guests when checking out or when we're all sitting around what they thought of this style of show. I've only had in about 25 shows say she preferred the lecture style because she felt like I gave more tips about the products that way. I also ask, "Is there a tool you got your hands on tonight that you may not have considered had you not played with it tonight?"

I'm not sure how to determine whether or not the shows are making a difference, but I had 3 - $1000 shows in March and 1 recruit and 3 - $1000 shows back to back in April. My recruit leads are picking up and I've also felt more comfortable with asking if anything we did "tonight" intrigued them about the business oppty.

I leave EVERY show wondering what I could've done differently.

I've been doing interactive shows since Leadership, and I'm still working on them. I need to make myself sit down and write an outline to follow for the "wrap up" portion, since I keep forgetting to talk about things. And then I sound like a total flake, "Oh! I forgot to mention... And this, too..."The guests have, generally, liked the interactive shows. There have been a few, however, who were just total grumps about it (usually the more senior members of the crowd).

I had my first show at the end of January. I have been doing the interactive shows all along and everyone seems to enjoy them. Some people will comment about having to cook, but afterwards EVERYONE says they are having a great time with this type of show.

There's a new online training course that's coming out soon (all they said about it at the regional training was "early May") called "Maximize your cooking show." Based on what was taught at the regional, it will cover interactive shows - both the interactive part and the wrap up (discussing other products, host program, recruiting, etc.). TAKE IT!!

I have always done a quasi interactive show where I prep the recipes up to a certain point prior to the show. I ask for volunteers during the show and offer everyone the oppportunity to try out any product. I pass products around during the show as well.

My show totals were higher when I invited someone up to try something than they are with the more interactive format. I also feel like I'm leaving way too much out. Like Ann, I've been feeling like a flake over how many times I say "Oh, I forgot..." LOLI look forward to taking those online training courses that Ann spoke about!

I have always done my shows pretty much like Jillian does on the dvd. I tried the other 2 ways once each and nobody, including myself liked them. I do make sure my presentation is no longer than 45 minutes to 1 hour. I am willing to change some things about my business for the better but I truly think that I do a better job all around when I am able to conduct most of the demo. I have asked many hosts and preferred customers and they all said I should leave my demos the way they are. Since they are my bread and butter, I think I better listen to them!

chefann said:
There's a new online training course that's coming out soon (all they said about it at the regional training was "early May") called "Maximize your cooking show." Based on what was taught at the regional, it will cover interactive shows - both the interactive part and the wrap up (discussing other products, host program, recruiting, etc.). TAKE IT!!

What did you learn at Regionals? I decided not to go at the last minute.

My hosts have not been very receptive to the interactive show, or rather the guests aren't. The show is a social event for them and they just want to shop and eat. They aren't interested in doing.

This sounds bad, but I am a "fly by the seat of my pants" type of girl.

I plan every show as an Interactive Show, but I take my cues from the guests as they arrive, and the layout of the host's space for the demo, and the # of guests who come.
I seem to often be in tight quarters, where it is difficult to get everyone gathered around one table. The DVD about Interactive Shows is a bit unrealistic in the space they have for the demo. Those would be dream spaces for me, and when I have an area like that, I'm thrilled, but 9 times out of 10, the space is very limited. So, I adapt.
I also listen to the guests as they come in. Their comments will often tell me how receptive they are going to be to an interactive show. When they say things like "I've been on my feet all day, I just want to sit with a glass of wine" - then I know that they aren't going to be thrilled with standing around a table for 30 minutes.
So, often, my interactive shows are a mix of having people come and help me, and also, I pass around a couple cutting boards with tools, and have them help with the demo right where they are seated. I often pass around the salad choppers, and let everyone chop, and I usually pass around knives to try. The Salad Spinner, the garlic press, the citrus press - those are all products that get handed to people in the group to "try from their seat, not their feet".

I've also done shows that were like Teresa Brown's - almost a free for all - and those have been alot of fun too.

So, I guess it would be most accurate to say that no 2 shows are just alike!

I plan to try to do them once I get back up and running at the end of June first of July. We will see......

I have been doing only interactive shows since March. I have had several PC veterans tell me it's the most fun show they've ever attended.

i voted interactive, but most of my shows are like Becky's. I take my cues from the guests. I don't make anyone help out that doesn't want to. I also agree that if I do a fully interactive show then it isn't short time wise, but most often longer.

dianevill said:
I tried the interactive shows a few times, and they're just not for me. My hosts/guests seem to prefer "the old me."
Diane:

I have the same experience! I'd love to get a crowd to respond to the interactive show, but usually I'm lucky if I can get one person to actually participate. This is even when I've done the host coaching beforehand! I also feel that very often my hosts' homes do not lend themselves to an interactive show. They're often quite tight for space...not like the fun homes on the video!!

Mary

I did the Maximize your cooking show online last night and I learned ALOT.
Some of the video clips were from the Are you a Jillian, Theresa and that other gal dvd that we watched, but it was very interesting. I have had people not be interested at all and then my show on Friday, I couldn't keep people from jumping up to help. I think it depends on the crowd??

I did the trifle and used the citrus press and the gal loved it wsho helped me and then everyone came up and wanted to use it, I sold 8 of them, so there is something to be said for people using the product for themself. I also sold more bread knives and the core and more.

susanr613 said:
I have been doing only interactive shows since March. I have had several PC veterans tell me it's the most fun show they've ever attended.

Ok, I am convinced that I am a push over. I just don't feel like "making" resistant people do something they don't want to do or feel uncomfortable. I have a downline member that makes people participate (unless they are really resistant). I find people like to chill and have fun.

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to get a new pair of Big Girl panties?!?!:yuck:

The Beckys are on the same wave length! :) I also take cues from the guests. I just did a show that most were stand offish but once others got involved the got egged on to help and they did. They loved it! We made a trifle so it was simple and not messy.

Thanks...I guess I just need to stick with it more and get some starch in my Big Girl Panties when I pull them up!

baychef said:
Thanks...I guess I just need to stick with it more and get some starch in my Big Girl Panties when I pull them up!
Ann, one thing that helps is to coach your host towards an interactive show. Make sure she knows you are trying something new, and that she is talking it up to her guests. Also, on the labels I print up for the invitations, with the show info on them...here is a sample of what mine look like, so that everyone knows before the show:

Join Us for Super Six 0'Clock Salads!
Host : Pauline Melvin
Place: 1XXXX 177th Ave., Grand Haven 49XXX
Time: Tuesday, May 13 @ 6:30pm
RSVP: to 616.638.XXXX by May 12th
NEW FORMAT! Try It Before You Buy It!

baychef said:

Ann, we are in the same boat!! I'm still not totally sold. But then again I think I've been trying to make it the "free for all" show, when in I was already doing a partial interactive show to begin with. think I need to go back to my old way.

Related to Are You Doing Interactive Shows?

What is an interactive show?

An interactive show is a virtual cooking demonstration where participants can actively engage with the presenter and ask questions, rather than just watching a pre-recorded video.

How can I book an interactive show?

You can book an interactive show by contacting your Pampered Chef consultant or by going to our website and selecting the "Interactive Shows" option.

Do I need any special equipment for an interactive show?

No, you do not need any special equipment. All you need is a computer or mobile device with internet access, a camera, and a microphone.

Can I invite my friends and family to join the interactive show?

Yes, you can invite your friends and family to join the interactive show. The more the merrier!

What can I expect from an interactive show?

During an interactive show, you will learn new cooking techniques, get tips and tricks, and have the opportunity to ask questions and interact with the presenter and other participants. It's a fun and informative experience for all!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies
Views
JennyJennJen
  • littlemaisyPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire