• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Saturday Afternoon Shows Successful?

In summary, Saturdays are a good time for a show, but you may need to adjust your start time to accommodate those who prefer to sleep in.
legacypc46
Gold Member
I have a host requesting a Saturday afternoon show. I've never done one on a Saturday afternoon; any feedback on whether this is a good time for a show? (My initial thoughts are that Saturdays are when everyone is running around doing errands, taking kids to sports events, etc. My concern is attendance.)
leggy

I had a show on a Saturday afternoon and it was just over $700 - my highest to date

actually, I've had 2 Saturday afternoon shows and both were over $700 (one was just ove and one was $742.61)

My 2 best shows were on Saturdays. Both were at 1pm. One was over $900 and the other was over $800!!

I have a show at 4pm this Saturday so I don't know how that time is going to work. Atleast it will be fun - they are starting with daiquiris!

I've done several saturday afternoon shows - they've all gone well.

I have had many very successful Saturday afternoon shows.

The latest on Saturday that I do shows is 1pm - but that is more of a preference on my part. I like having my Saturday afternoon/evening to play with my family.

I usually do my Saturday shows at 11am - and they are always the first dates to book, and the best attended. I also seem to get the most bookings at Saturday Shows. People are more relaxed and ready to have fun and enjoy some time with friends. Of course, along with that, they usually last a little longer - more chatting going on, so it's harder to get out!

I often say to my DH that I wish all of my shows could be Saturday Brunch shows!

For me:
In Fall, Winter & Spring - YES!!
Summer - NO!!!

I do most of my shows on Saturday afternoons and have about every 3rd shows go over $1000. I have better luck with Saturday afternoon than evening.

I had one---last sat--$1500. booked 2 for another sat--double dipping---2 in one day----GO FOR IT

I do alot of Saturday afternoon parties. It's all about host coaching!

SusanBP0129 said:
For me:
Summer - NO!!!

I have to say I agree with that! But I don't like to do Sat. Shows in the summer anyway - we are too busy playing for me to work!;)

I wonder what my problem is with Saturday shows. I don't think mine are that great, and I don't get bookings from them. They are always at 11 am. Maybe, I'll try to offer a start time anywhere from 11 - 1 and see what happens. I've only had four on Saturday's since May, and they were just okay with sales. One was barely $200, one was $400, one was $500 and one was $600. I think if it was a shower, that would be better. I haven't done any showers, though.

JAE said:
I wonder what my problem is with Saturday shows. I don't think mine are that great, and I don't get bookings from them. They are always at 11 am.

Well, there's your problem! ;) It takes something REALLY special for me to get up and out of the house before noon on a Saturday. I would not recommend a start time before 1:00. Do a brunch recipe. I have had many successful Saturday shows and I don't think I started a single one before 1:00. For a lot of people, Saturday is the only day they get to sleep in, and most won't trade it even for a fun PC party with food! Good luck!

ChefBeckyD said:
I have to say I agree with that! But I don't like to do Sat. Shows in the summer anyway - we are too busy playing for me to work!;)

Same here!
I only do weekday parties in the Summer! :D

I guess I didn't consider an 11 am show one you'd have to get up early to attend. I don't even have to get up early to show up for prep. I'll try out the later time and see what happens.

Wow. Talk about a quick response! You guys are great. Saturday afternoon it is!
leggy

JAE said:
I guess I didn't consider an 11 am show one you'd have to get up early to attend. I don't even have to get up early to show up for prep. I'll try out the later time and see what happens.

I'm a morning person, so I don't have any issues with that start time either. In fact, I actually do sleep in on Saturdays with my 11am shows! On a weekday, I am up by 6:30, and I usually sleep in an extra hour - hour and a half on Saturdays! I'm up by 7:30 or 8, and then finish packing for the show, take a shower, eat breakfast, do my hair and makeup...have a couple more cups of coffee, and I'm out the door by 9:30-10. (whenever I need to leave to make it there by 10:15).
So, I've never had a problem with the 11am start time.....I do have one at 1pm this Saturday, but that is because the host has several relatives/friends coming from Muskegon/Ludington area.

My one next Sat. is at 11am, and the host was soooo excited about that option! She has a couple of special needs children, who have to have a regular schedule, and a morning show was perfect for her. In fact, if I hadn't told her about the brunch show, she would have never booked!

RaggedyAunt said:
Well, there's your problem! ;) It takes something REALLY special for me to get up and out of the house before noon on a Saturday. I would not recommend a start time before 1:00. Do a brunch recipe. I have had many successful Saturday shows and I don't think I started a single one before 1:00. For a lot of people, Saturday is the only day they get to sleep in, and most won't trade it even for a fun PC party with food! Good luck!

I agree but I have done several parties at 10 or 11 a.m. Makes me have to get up even earlier. But I do them!

Brunch shows are great, I have offered the Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares and it's a great hit. People don't realize that you can only make pancakes and eggs for brunch. This season I'm offering the Quiche Lorraine Tartlets.

I do most of my Saturday shows at 11:00 and the turn-out is usually pretty good. Since DS is playing baseball this spring I'm sure I'll have to adjust my Saturday schedule accordingly.

All my shows are on Sat. afternoon or eve. I offer 1 or 2 pm for Sat., or eve at 7pm. I also do Sunday shows at 1 or 2 pm. I refrain from any shows during weeknights except Thurs. which is my day off from the pesky FT job.

My last Sat. show was $1,100.00:D

SusanBP0129 said:
For me:
Summer - NO!!!

I agree! My Saturday openings are always the first to go. A 1:00 start time is nice because people have their morning & evening to get stuff done. Plus I don't have to get up early! I usually just miss lunch & nap time for my kids.

I did my first evening Saturday show last week & it was a $1000 show! Although most of that was outside orders, but they still had 10 people there.

As someone mentioned, it all depends on your host coaching and the schedules of the guests. If they're moms with kids who have Saturday activities, then chances are good that attendance will be low. This time of year, though, when people want a reason to get out of the house, chances are pretty good that it will be a good show.

legacypc46 said:
I have a host requesting a Saturday afternoon show. I've never done one on a Saturday afternoon; any feedback on whether this is a good time for a show? (My initial thoughts are that Saturdays are when everyone is running around doing errands, taking kids to sports events, etc. My concern is attendance.)
leggy

Do YOU want to have a show on Saturday afternoon?

This is an important question for me because anytime I do a show at a time that I feel I got pushed into, I'm usually miserable. If you don't mind that time, go for it. Personally, (like many others who have posted) my Saturday show time is 11:00 a.m. These shows are as well attended as any other time.

My Saturday shows are either at 11AM or 7PM. This way, I am either done and home for the afternoon and evening, or I am only gone for the evening. When I have done afternoon shows, it feels like I am gone ALL DAY and get nothing else accomplished. Plus, I feel it's the same for the guests..they can be done with the show and go do errands (brunch show) or they have all day to do errands, and then attend the show in the evening!

Related to Are Saturday Afternoon Shows Successful?

1. Are Saturday afternoon shows as successful as evening shows?

It ultimately depends on your target audience and their availability. Some people may prefer a Saturday afternoon show while others may prefer an evening show. It's important to consider your guests' schedules and choose a time that works best for them.

2. Is it better to have a Saturday afternoon show during the summer or winter?

Again, this will depend on your target audience and their availability. During the summer, people may be more likely to attend a Saturday afternoon show since they may have more free time. However, during the winter, people may be more inclined to stay indoors and attend a Saturday afternoon show. Consider your guests' preferences and choose a time that works best for them.

3. How many people typically attend a Saturday afternoon show?

The number of attendees can vary depending on various factors such as the location, time of year, and the target audience. It's important to promote your show effectively and reach out to potential guests to ensure a good turnout.

4. What types of products are best to showcase at a Saturday afternoon show?

Saturday afternoon shows are great for showcasing products that are suitable for everyday use, such as kitchen tools and cookware. These types of products are more likely to appeal to a wider audience, making them a good choice for a Saturday afternoon show.

5. How long should a Saturday afternoon show last?

The duration of a Saturday afternoon show can vary, but a good rule of thumb is to keep it between 1-2 hours. This allows enough time for guests to browse and ask questions, while also keeping the show engaging and not too long. However, it's ultimately up to the host to decide the length of the show based on their preferences and the products being showcased.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jj16
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Aun
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • cookingwithlove