• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Our New Knives Really That Sharp?

, I think we all were a little surprised at how expensive the knives were. I was expecting really nice covers like the ones on our self sharpening. However, I do think it stinks that we have to immediately fork out money to get the sharpening stone so they won't get dull. :(I do like how it is slim enough to fit in a drawer, I just would like them to be a bit more sturdy.Overall, I think the knives are great and I'm excited to get my other two knives!
jenniferlynne
our new knives!!! I was kind of skeptical at first. Now that I have one I love it!!! They are so heavy and so sharp!! The first thing I cut with mine was a piece of paper. I held a piece of paper up with one and and took the knife in the other and sliced right through it like butter!! I'm going to do this at my shows to show everyone how sharp they are. I just have the paring knife, but now I'm going to have to get the rest (well, maybe not the bread knife. I have our other one and it works just fine).

I agree! They really are great quality!

Me too..I just have the paring knife and I want it ALL!!:) My husband said that they are MUCH BETTER than the old ones because the old ones are made for a woman..:rolleyes: The new ones have a bigger handle.

Doesn't it just feel NICE in your hand?;)

I havent cut anything but I liked the weight of it in your hand. Any other ideas to show them off, keep them coming!

My brother-in-law calls the self-sharpening knives "wife-knives".

I am very disappointed in the covers for the knifes...I don't like how they come off so easily...they feel rather cheap

the knife itself is nice though!

I am in love!!!I love the the knives too!! I am going to have to host a lot of shows myself to get them all! I got the Santuko from the cluster challenge and it was love at first sight! When I first saw the price I thought WOW--way too much money but then I held it in my hand!!! :p

I like the knives too... the only thing I don't like is the cover, like Jessica said. It just doesn't seem to feel right with it... plus little bits of black plastic get cut off by the knife every time I pull it out of the cover!

I went to Williams Sonoma yesterday to price the knives. All the santuko knives were $84.95 or more. Great selling point. they have warranties too, but didn't ask how long. I can't imagine it would be lifetime like ours. the other thing is you can't feel them at the store, but with us you can!

Can't wait to get my santoku. My hubby loves the 5", wants me to get more to use as steakknives! What a goof :)

I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!! Sorry for shouting there! My hubby doesn't like our self sharpening knives but absolutely digged on the new knives! He held my new knife and started barking like Tim Allen from Home Improvement! He did the same thing last season when I told him about the Titanium Reinforced Alloy in our new executive cookware!
My gosh I love this company!:) :D

ange13 said:
My hubby loves the 5", wants me to get more to use as steakknives! What a goof :)

hey if he's willing to dish the dough, go right ahead! LOL

Is anyone's knives slicing their covers? Every time I pull the Paring Knife out, there is a little piece of black plastic in my hand. Just curious - I hope I'm not doing something wrong.
Joanne

Holy crap! I used the santuko for the first time! Its VERY sharp, cut through a pepper like it was nothing. Although, I agree with everyone about the cover. BE CAREFUL! I accidentally poked a hole in MY HAND putting it back into the cover. The blade poked through the end.

Make sure you are putting the knife back in the cover slowly and the same as the picture on the cover. The cover is molded to fit the blade in the way the cover shows it. If you put it in upside down, you will slice off the cover into little pieces.

Its so easy to put it in wrong though. I wish there was a little more substance to the covers.

AJPratt said:
Its so easy to put it in wrong though. I wish there was a little more substance to the covers.

yup-especially for the money.

I was expecting really nice covers like the ones on our self sharpening.

I do think it stinks that we have to immediately fork out money to get the sharpening stone so they won't get dull. :(

I do like how it is slim enough to fit in a drawer, I just would like them to be a bit more sturdy.

Think Positive - You can EARN the sharpening tool this month!! Mid-season product!! That's what I plan to do!!

I must have been putting them on wrong, because each time they were slicing the plastic.

Thanks!!
Joanne

Related to Are Our New Knives Really That Sharp?

1. What are the most popular kitchen tools for "I'm in Love With......."?

The most popular kitchen tools for "I'm in Love With......." are the Quick Cooker, Deluxe Cooking Blender, Food Chopper, and the Garlic Press. These tools make cooking easier and more efficient, allowing you to spend more time with your loved one.

2. Are there any recipes specifically for "I'm in Love With......."?

Yes, we have a variety of recipes that are perfect for "I'm in Love With......." occasions. Some popular recipes include heart-shaped cookies, chocolate covered strawberries, and heart-shaped pizzas. These recipes are not only delicious, but also add a romantic touch to any meal.

3. Can the products be personalized for "I'm in Love With......."?

Yes, many of our products can be personalized for "I'm in Love With......." occasions. Our stoneware can be engraved with a special message or date, and our cutting boards can be customized with a couple's names. These personalized products make great gifts for your significant other.

4. Are there any special deals or promotions for "I'm in Love With......."?

Yes, we often have special deals and promotions for "I'm in Love With......." occasions. These can include discounts on specific products, free gifts with purchase, or limited edition items. Keep an eye out for our promotions and take advantage of these great deals.

5. Can I host a "I'm in Love With......." themed party with Pampered Chef?

Absolutely! Our consultants would be happy to help you plan and host a "I'm in Love With......." themed party. We can provide recipe ideas, product recommendations, and even special games or activities to make the party even more fun. Contact us today to plan your perfect party for your loved one.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • pkd09
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Rosechef